Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

Wheelies speed your vehicle up. You haven't noticed it before?

No bikes please. I'll take the gliders though.

chillv said:
Baby Luigi said:
Then they also give karts the ability to drive on two wheels or something to balance it out.
What exactly does the wheelie do? All I see is that it makes you look cool like I just said.

Also, this may sound stupid, but it would be cool if you could put hydraulics on your cart.

Wheelies actually make a bike move faster. You can refer to the World Record videos if you need to.

I don't look at leaderboards. They are irrelevant to your overall gameplay and I feel that they don't really need to be there. The bikes are cool, I don't care that the bikers have an advantage because of the wheelies. I like motorcycles and bikes and I want them to include again it in the next mario kart.

I'm far from competitive play too and I thought bikes are cool, but there's probably a reason they removed them in Mario Kart 7 (not because of memory or space)

Baby Luigi said:
I'm far from competitive play too and I thought bikes are cool, but there's probably a reason they removed them in Mario Kart 7 (not because of memory or space)
actually, I think it is because of memory and space. The 3DS is not as powerful as the Wii.

No it's not. Games rarely take up even the majority of the memory and space that is available. Not even Mario Kart Wii takes up all of its memory and space (not even close). And even so, most of Mario Kart Wii's space is taken up by .thp files such as some HUD and movies. So yeah, that argument rarely works. In the older days, that argument may have worked, but these days, it's not even close.

Also, I wonder. Will the next Mario Kart GP be released overseas?(or at least america)

chillv said:
Also, I wonder. Will the next Mario Kart GP be released overseas?(or at least america)

Who knows?

Baby Luigi said:
chillv said:

Who knows?
Weren't all the other ones released overseas?

Indeed they were. But no oversea release date for this? It's weird. Maybe it's still TBA

Bandits, Greenies and Goombas should be playable.

Reason: They weren't playable, give the minor one (Bandit) and Greenies (new enemy from LM2) roles. (I wonder how Goomba is gonna drive)

Gooma uses telekinesis to do things. So that means they can race

Double Post: Just found out that Mario Kart Wii U is being released this year

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/rejoice_mario_kart_wii_u_is_coming_this_year

I don't know about this....I don't want it released that early...

I still think they didn't include the motorcycles in Mario Kart 7 due to it being a handheld system that can not hold as much as a home console. That's probably why a lot of the characters that were in Mario Kart Wii aren't in it. They could easily give the karts something similar to the wheelie. I think they could make the car rev up or something to boost. I like the motorcycles. They are cool and make you look cool. (I also want and I am going to ride one in real life one day)

Or that they just didn't put the bikes in at all. Simple as that.

Baby Luigi said:
Or that they just didn't put the bikes in at all. Simple as that.
Yeah, because its not really relevant since it was a Mario Kart game on the go. I hope they do decide to put them in the Wii U version though.

I'd like airplanes like in Diddy Kong Racing, but that would just scream "COPYCATS!!" and I know it just won't happen.

Anser said:
I'd like airplanes like in Diddy Kong Racing, but that would just scream "COPYCATS!!" and I know it just won't happen.

That didn't stop Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed from implementing plane mechanics though.

Anser said:

I don't give a damn about copying other games; planes would be totally awesome

MnSG said:
Anser said:

That didn't stop Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed from implementing plane mechanics though.

They didn't have too big of a problem with people telling them they were copying ideas since they did a pretty fantastic job of making it fun and unique.

Anser said:

Meh, I want Air Ride machines and City Trial mode. A City Trial mode would be the best thing to happen to a Mario Kart game.

La Marionette said:
A City Trial mode would be the best thing to happen to a Mario Kart game.

I'd buy fifty copies if THAT occured

Back