Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Squidward Tentacles said:
It does not even follow the same canon that the RPGs do, so it doesn't matter who is "dead."
Here we go again...

The thing we should keep in mind is, most of the RPG characters are just minor characters in Marioverse, same as many others like Camelot athletes or Diddy Racing players. I don't see how you call that "diversity" when I can't see characters from other three Paper titles, or even the major DK/Wario regulars.

When it comes to preference, it can be very subjective because all of them only have one or few appearances. Other fans could have very different thoughts than yours, in which characters should be focused (in my case, my favorite is Goombella). At least species representives make more sense in official viewpoint.

Some characters from RPG are very popular among fandom, but it should be different from how Nintendo choose regulars or playable characters. Some of them succeed just because they're exclusive to certain stories, and the effect would fade out if you force them to appear once again. After all, Nintendo have good reasons to deny "unrealistic stuff".

hey guys

it's fawfulthegreat's dream roster

Squidward Tentacles said:
This is why Nintendo is misled into believing we only like characters with pre-existing 3D models.

The problem with your statement is that the Mario Kart series already had characters who weren't in 3D models.

back when many games did not have models, yes.

Nowadays almost every Mario artwork found on products and such is 3-D. So characters who have 3D models are mostly what Nintendo focuses on. I thought Dream Team would finally have 3D character models, but they are still sprites (except giant battles and such). They seem to not want to give RPG characters proper models, for this reason: If they did, they wouldn't have an excuse to keep them out of games like Mario Kart, which they want so badly to keep doing. Why is this argument even still existing? I just posted a roster. Also it is about 15% "dream," if it was a full dream roster it would be much larger, and have MANY more RPG characters.

Mario Kart 7's Metal Mario proves that Nintendo was too lazy to make a new model, so they just recolored Mario's. They like pre-existing models rather than making a new one.

You have no understanding how it is to create 3D models.

Nintendo has to make ENTIRE Mario Kart courses with using 3D models, same with nearly everything else you see in the environment. From trees to karts, all are made with 3D models. If they can create complex courses such as Rainbow Road they CAN create Fawful IF they wanted to.

The difference between creating 3D courses and 3D characters is that 3D courses don't have to be animated. Well, there may be some simple animations like the trees' little dance or the Piranha Plants moving, but it's much harder to animate a character. I don't know much about the subject; I'm just going by logics here.

Characters aren't much tougher to animate: they abide by the same principles as animating a crowd or a tree (assuming the crowd is 3D). The problem is programming the animations or making separate animations for each character.

This isn't too difficult for Nintendo to overcome either by making a new character having new animations.

For both characters as moving objects they have to implement bones. Though that is only the case if the object in question doesn't move by a simple scale or rotation. Piranha Plants are examples of models with bones, as are the trees on Peach Beach. The trees on NSMB(Wii) maps are just scaled.

Ninja'd again: Animating isn't something that one does in a few hours, indeed.

Damn it, I'm gone for a weekend and I miss arguing about the RPG in non-RPG games argument; we all know how much I love joining the arguments. (lol jk)

I just wish that we had more news about Mario Kart 8. It is probably going to come out in April like Mario Kart Wii did. All I care about is if Baby Mario and/or Rosalina is in it. As long as one of those two are in it, I'll be happy.

cryoAwakening said:
dang it, I'm gone for a weekend and I miss arguing about the RPG in non-RPG games argument; we all know how much I love joining the arguments. (lol jk)

I just wish that we had more news about Mario Kart 8. It is probably going to come out in April like Mario Kart Wii did. All I care about is if Baby Mario and/or Rosalina is in it. As long as one of those two are in it, I'll be happy.
More Rosalina than BM for me.

Only if it's the icy blue shell from Mario Strikers

I am really looking forward to play Mario Kart 8. Here is the character roster that I really want in the game.

Starter Characters
Mario (Medium)
Luigi (Medium)
Peach (Medium)
Yoshi (Medium)
Bowser (Large)
Toad (Small)
Koopa Troopa (Small)
Donkey Kong (Large)
Wario (Large)
Daisy (Medium)
Waluigi (Large)
Toadette (Small)
Unlockable Characters
Bowser Jr. (Medium)
Diddy Kong (Medium)
Birdo (Medium)
Baby Mario (Small)
Baby Luigi (Small)
Paratroopa (Small)
King Boo (Large)
Petey Piranha (Large)
Dry Bones (Small)
Baby Peach (Small)
Rosalina (Large)
Funky Kong (Large)
Baby Daisy (Small)
Dry Bowser (Large)
Metal Mario (Large)
Shy Guy (Small)
Queen Bee (Large)
Wiggler (Large)
Lakitu (Small)
R.O.B. (Large)
Mii (Varies)
Boo (Small)
Fly Guy (Small)
Toadsworth (Small)
Kamek (Medium)
Dixie Kong (Medium)
Noki (Small)
Pianta (Large)
Hammer Bro. (Medium)
Kritter (Medium)
Baby DK (Small)
Tiny Kong (Medium)
King K. Rool (Large)
Pauline (Medium)
Mona (Medium)
Professor E. Gadd (Medium)
Nabbit (Medium)
Boom Boom (Large)
Pom Pom (Large)
Lubba (Large)
The Coach (Large)
Captain Syrup (Large)
MC Ballyhoo (Small)

That's a ridiculously large roster

It has Pianta; therefore, it wins.

McBallyhoo gets a huge NO from me. Anything related to the horrible Mario Party 8 needs to be forgotten and buried and we shall leave it in the past. It was a dark time for the series as a whole.

Anser said:
McBallyhoo gets a huge NO from me. Anything related to the horrible Mario Party 8 needs to be forgotten and buried and we shall leave it in the past. It was a dark time for the series as a whole.
I'm not to hate him but it's weird to consider a one-appearance guy instead of other recurring characters. Take him to the Party 10 opinion thread first.

Sprag94 said:
I am really looking forward to play Mario Kart 8. Here is the character roster that I really want in the game.
I appreciate that though it's not the amount Nintendo accept.

Xerneas said:
GalacticPetey said:
I don't want to brag, but I think I came up with the best roster.
Best =/= Actual.
That one does look very real, but unfortunately we dislike those real rosters. Only Dixie is the only new addition I want .

Dorayaki said:
Xerneas said:
GalacticPetey said:
I don't want to brag, but I think I came up with the best roster.
Best =/= Actual.
That one does look very real, but unfortunately we dislike those real rosters. Only Dixie is the only new addition I want .

At the same time, there is a lot of them on there that probably won't be in it either...

I was saying that there will be a few things that do not line up with the final product.

Back