Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

She's confirmed in Mario Kart 8. Bowser Jr. is yet to be.

New Super Mario said:
Toadette's way cooler too. I be her all the time in Mario Party. :D

This and I use her all the time in Mario Party too! So we have somethin' in common

It's always funny to use a higher pitched cross-dressing Toad with clip-ons.

@LGM I think they should split the girls category for the 2014 game. I actually find quite sexist.
New Super Mario said:
Toadette's way cooler too. I be her all the time in Mario Party. :D
Yoshi's my main Mario Party dude.

nsymon said:
@LGM I think they should split the girls category for the 2014 game. I actually find quite sexist.

As a girl myself, it is

dang we derailed too much

nsymon said:
As a person who's an avid supporter of seeing Mario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Wario go synchronized swimming, I am offended by the choice the developers made when making Mario & Sonic at the London Games for 3DS.

My original point is that we were arguing about rosters. People say, "Oh, The London Games's roster wasn't bad", but they don't realize that the roster hasn't changed a bit from the last game, and the 3DS version added insult to injury by making it so that you can't stick to one character the entire game (i.e. Mario/Luigi for me).

That being said, making the "mainstream" argument is a weak argument. Characters in the "mainstream" games like Lubba and the Koopalings have a low chance to be playable in Mario Kart, lower than Toadette, Daisy, Diddy Kong, OR Waluigi. I think the frequency of reoccurring characters has to be factored here.

The reason why Toadette, Waluigi, and Daisy frequently get in these games is because they are the partners of Big Name characters like Toad, Wario, and Peach.

Daisy is paired with Peach
Waluigi is paired with Wario
Toadette is paired with Toad

I hate throwing this out there but has anyone heard of the Great Eight?
It describes the Mario characters that are often in many Mario games and have many games themselves.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Bowser

Koopaul said:
The reason why Toadette, Waluigi, and Daisy frequently get in these games is because they are the partners of Big Name characters like Toad, Wario, and Peach.
It describes the Mario characters that are often in many Mario games and have many games themselves.
Correct or not, just in spinoffs, the problem is these "partners" don't always get in every game, and some characters even have multiple partnerships (eg, Diddy with Dixie and DK). We still have to culculate their total appearances by individual, and we can also try to build some other new partnerships.

Koopaul said:

That's mostly a fan-made term though

Baby Luigi said:
Koopaul said:

But a rather correct one, you gotta admit.

Mario Party X said:
It's always funny to use a higher pitched cross-dressing Toad with clip-ons.

The time I spent laughing because of this post made my week better. Thank you very much.

I love pleasing people. :)

How is it correct? Only Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Dude, and Wario get a substantial amount of games from the so-called "Great 8."

Baby Luigi said:
Koopaul said:
Fun fact: we actually used the "Big Eight" concept on the wiki for a bit back in the day. There was even an article for it, and then a policy page, but it was all scrapped as fanon in late-ish 2007 (MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive_2#The_Terrible_Big_Fandom).

That's nice if that's your dream roster

one criticism: Mr. L is a terrible choice

Baby Luigi said:
That's nice if that's your dream roster
one criticism: Mr. L is a terrible choice
Regardless of those overrated favorites, I don't see that's bad if it's not another Metal Mario case but a usable alternate suit. But Mr L hasn't been used in any other game like Dream Team.

Here we go again...

RPG characters are not-going-to-make-it. That roster is good, but Fawful, Dimentio and Mr. L need to go. By the way, you've got some good skills with Photoshop or whatever program you used. That picture looks really nice.

Anser said:
Here we go again...

RPG characters are not-going-to-make-it. That roster is good, but Fawful, Dimentio and Mr. L need to go.
Here we go again...
RPGs have never been represented but it's not impossible that they will. I believe the Mario series will one day be represented fully.
By the way, you've got some good skills with Photoshop or whatever program you used. That picture looks really nice.
It was Photoshop. Thanks!

Squidward Tentacles said:
Anser said:
RPG characters are not-going-to-make-it. That roster is good, but Fawful, Dimentio and Mr. L need to go.
Here we go again...
RPGs have never been represented but it's not impossible that they will. I believe the Mario series will one day be represented fully.
I agree with idea that RPG elements should be more widely used. However I think you were suggesting characters that are exclusive to the stories and don't fit in regular players (which is the reason they're called "overrated").
While still some secondary characters are not in your list, you can also put Kooper instead and leave two spaces for other characters.

I honestly can't see why everyone thinks Mario Kart would be ruined if someone like Fawful or Dimentio was in it. It does not even follow the same canon that the RPGs do, so it doesn't matter who is "dead." Even if it WAS the same canon, Mario games have so much unrealistic stuff that death hardly means anything, especially when you consider 1-Ups. I do agree I would rather have Kooper or Koops than a generic Koopa. But if Koopa is already confirmed then I would rather have a unique character like Fawful or Dimentio than another Koopa (in addition to the one we already have, and probably Dry Bones who is likely to appear). I also think we need more non-Mushroom Kingdom characters, since the Mario universe consists of much more than just the kingdom. This is why I have put characters like Lubba on, in addition to Fawful and Dimentio. I even scrapped some other ideas such as Count Bleck so it wouldn't seem overflowed with RPG characters. Mr. L was added because knowing Nintendo, they will probably want to add an abomination reskin of Luigi (like Metal Mario) and I would MUCH rather have Mr. L than Metal Luigi. Mr. L has a separate personality and can be regarded as a separate character. If Metal Mario can become a separate identity from Mario, Mr. L can do the same with Luigi. Everyone should be glad Honey Queen is not on here.

Truthfully, I would like a more diverse selection of characters in these sorts of games.

The bottom line is: It will never happen.

Reason: Nintendo doesn't care. Mario Kart will sell millions anyway.

If Nintendo didn't care about the fans, Dream Team wouldn't exist. They just are under the belief that fans regard the Mario RPGs as completely seperate from the Mario series, which is not the case. They are part of the Mario franchise, Wikipedia even lists Fawful under "villains" in their list of Mario franchise characters (and it's been there for a long time, so it's not a rare Wikipedia mistake that gets reverted immediately)

Fans aren't vocal enough except on places like Deviantart where Nintendo can't see what they want (I doubt anyone at Nintendo with any power looks at Deviantart for an idea of what the fans want) This is why Nintendo is misled into believing we only like characters with pre-existing 3D models.

Back