Far-Fetched Suggestions for the next SSB Game...

Here's the list of Shovel Knight characters I want:

-Shovel Knight
-Plaque Knight
-Specter Knight
-King Knight

I mean, I've chosen the main cast. Not gonna include the other knights.

Shovel Knight said:
-Plaque Knight
You spelled it wrong:

tf9PEvY.png

Fawful with a Monster in Peach's Castle said:
I guess Waluigi... belongs in this topic now... :(

I feel you... I am holding on to some hope for the winds of change for him to be playable. Hopefully in an update or future game if there were to be one.

Thank you for reading.

Ya know, this game is low on newcomers, so Waluigi may not be so far-fetched. So far we only know of Inkling, Ridley and Daisy. The first two are very important additions and the third is a clone which are generally added to enhance the roster with less work. Since they're bringing back every veteran, it's actually fairly reasonable to only add newcomers of the utmost importance and easy clones. It's still sad, but there's always next time or even adding him despite him already being an Assist which is very unlikely but theoretically possible.

259px-FireRed_LeafGreen_Giovanni.png

I'd like to see him.

Since Lyn didn't make the cut (which angered many Smash fans like me) I hope she will be playable in the next Smash game if Ultimate isn't the last game.

George Jones said:
if Ultimate isn't the last game.

What makes you think Ultimate will be the last Smash game?

I doubt it's the last game but I can easily see it being the last Sakurai game and the next game being a reboot with a roster of about 30 with all the veterans reworked. This Smash has such a feel of finality to it. Every veteran, almost every stage, Ridley, and many fan requested features like toggleable stage hazards and less safe defensive options it's hard for this not to feel like Sakurai's last ride into the sunset. He even said there's a possibility of this being the last game.

In an ideal world, Smash Ultimate becomes a platform that's constantly updated for years with new content, but that's unlikely.

But again, Brawl had an intentional "feel of finality" to it that people believed it was literally the last Smash Bros. game. I'm being optimistic, but something about this being the last Sakurai Smash game feels bittersweet "end of an era" kind of thing.

playable Palicoes
not only would it be a perfect representation of monster hunter, you could make some nice and creative movesets with them. plus wouldn't be any "generic swordsman oh noes" complaints that an actual hunter from the series would probably receive. hell maybe take it a step further and add Shakalaka's as echoes for them

Why not have Smash Run in Ultimate, but with more!??!!

To elaborate, the characters are able to meet each other as they're running around, and if they do, a 30 second battle ensues with each person having 50 stamina. Whoever KOs the other or whoever has more stamina left once the 30 seconds are up, wins and takes some of the other's stat boosts.

Another idea is a revamped Stage Builder (if it worked without a touch screen for Brawl, it will work here). You can also use it to build Smash Run maps, and you can either have a mini game door with a random mini game, or you can configure which mini game appears. (As you can tell, I LOVE SMASH RUN!!!!!)

I want a mode in Smash Ultimate where characters punch themselves in the face to try to freak out their opponents.

Right now, the most requested fighter by me and pretty much everyone is Bandana Dee. But I'd also like to see Captain Toad playable in Smash 6, because he's not playable in Ultimate, Tails as a new fighter instead of being an echo fighter for Sonic, or Dixie Kong as an echo fighter of Diddy Kong. If I'd choose one new Pokémon, it would be Decidueye or Blaziken.

I don't know why, but some people including Vergeben on GameFAQs said that Steve from Minecraft will be in Ultimate, I think it is wishful thinking.

조지 존스 said:
I don't know why, but some people including Vergeben on GameFAQs said that Steve from Minecraft will be in Ultimate, I think it is wishful thinking.

He didn't explicitly say Steve was playable. He only said Minecraft content is in Smash. Which could also mean just a stage or even just an assist trophy and/or regular trophy. Kind of starting to doubt the stage at least since it feels like the 103 stages Sakurai mentioned is final beyond any new series 3rd parties getting in but I could be wrong. That said Verge was still extremely vague on the Minecraft. It could simply be a Steve and/or Creeper assist trophy or something like when we got Rayman and Commander Video as just trophies in Smash 4.

The GLA as a Mario rep should be a playable character. Would be better than Corrin at least.

It should be just the GLA driving around. No one piloting it.

For fun I decided to go through this entire thread to see what things actually came true in either Smash 4 or Smash Ultimate so far. Here's what I got. Seperated by speculation periods and years.

POST BRAWL/PRE - SMASH 4

2008 (Pages 1-25)
Miis (Lario)
Daisy (King Mario, Paper Striker)
Rosalina (Rosalina Spalko)
Death [Kind of? A scythe appears as an item. Might not exactly mean Castlevania’s Death though] (Lario)

2009 (Pages 25-42)
Rosalina and Daisy (Mr. Yellow)
King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., Rosalina, (Booman)
Megaman (Aiko Heiwa)
Ryu (Glowsquid)
Daisy and Little Mac (Aiko Heiwa)
Koopalings (Iggy)
Ridley (Smugleaf)

2010 (Pages 42-50)

Ridley (Super Mario Bros. Baby Luigi)
Mega Man (‘3K, Falcon Facepalm)
Bowser Jr. (Spinymaster347, cpm)
Handheld Smash (Falcon Facepalm)
Masked Dedede as Final Smash (‘3K)
Miis (Falcon Facepalm)
Dark Samus (Baby Luigi)
Chain Chomp Assist Trophy (Falcon Facepalm)
Pac-Man (drseaweed)

2011 (Pages 50-58)
Young Link and Snake coming back, Pac-Man, Dark Samus (GalacticPetey)
Pichu (GalacticPetey, Koopa Kid)
Smash on 3DS (Koopa Kid, Neptune)
Bowser Jr. (GalacticPetey, -21)
Miis (Lily)

DURING SMASH 4 SPECULATION

2012 (Page 58-65)
Chain Chomp assist trophy (Yoshigo99)
Mega Man (Epic Nitwit)

2013 (Pages 65-71)
Bayonetta (GalacticPetey)
Rosalina (true_princess_rosalina)

2014 (Pages 71-82)
Koopalings (Shygul, User4042)
Miis (ernesth100)
Miiverse Stage (ernesth100)
Bowser Jr. (User4042)
Duck Hunt (Shy Guy Forever)
Ridley (Crackin355)

2015 (Pages 82-85)
Returning every previous character (MeltdownKP1)
Ridley (GalaticPetey)

POST-SMASH 4

2016 (Pages 85-86)
Daisy (Alex95)

2017 (Page 86-88)
(Nothing came into fruition)

2018 (88-90 [Ongoing])
Snake returning (George Jones)

And here's all the correct character predictions made in this thread.

Bowser Jr. 6
Miis 4
Daisy 4
Rosalina 4
Ridley 4
Mega Man 3
Koopalings 2
Dark Samus 2
Pac-Man 2
Snake 2
Pichu 2
K. Rool 1
Ryu 1
Little Mac 1
Young Link 1
Bayonetta 1
Duck Hunt 1

Guess the moral of the story is in a thread called "Far-fetched suggestions" you have 17 characters that made it in over 1700+ posts. There's an average of 1 character getting in Smash for every 100 posts! So I guess don't give up! :V

*posts about Baby Mario and Baby Luigi yet again, having some expectations that will never come into fruition*

Back