Mario Party 9

President Iwata said:
Herr Shyguy said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Mario Party 6 had the best duel system. At least you get to choose what you want to put at stake.
6 was just very well done all around. It had a good approach to the story and had tons of creative game modes and maps, some of which were duds (Clockwork Castle ugh) but most of which were really fun.

I forget, which one was the one that you can get like 6 stars at once? That was awesome for stocking up on stars for the Star Bank.

Faire Square. I got 50 stars with my sister one time, and it was great.

Me, I don't aim for the stars. I aim for setting traps in every space possible near the star. That's why I end up with 50. It's extremely entertaining to see Wario and Waluigi suffer and always don't have enough coins for stars. Faire Square is a very easy place to create a minefield near the fixed star space.

moogle, buy a gcn controller for xmas and bayang, you can play gcn games, although you dont own a gamecube you still can play decent mario party games

Mugly said:
I already spent all my Christmas money. Oh well. Mario Party isn't that great anyway. Does anyone but me want Toadsworth to be playable?
I don't think I would play as him, but he was a pretty awesome host in MP7. Nothing can beat the sound effects when he talks. :P

If another Mario Party was going to exist, I'd think that it would contain the following...

Playables

*Mario
*Luigi
*Peach
*Daisy
*Wario
*Waluigi
*Yoshi
*Birdo
*Donkey Kong
*Diddy Kong
*Toad
*Toadette
*Hammer Bro
*Koopa Troopa
*Boo
*Dry Bones
*Blooper
*Koopa Kid

Board Hosts

*Cranky Kong; hosts a jungle-themed board
*King Boo; hosts a haunted-themed board
*Coach; hosts a water-themed board
*Goomboss; hosts a mountain-themed board
*General Guy; hosts a desert-themed board
*Rosalina; hosts a galaxy-themed board
*Bowser Jr.; hosts a volcano-themed board

Supporting Characters

*Koopa Troopa
*Ukiki
*Funky Kong
*Pink Boo
*Penguin
*Pianta
*Noki
*Goomba
*Shy Guy
*Klepto
*Whomp
*Tox Box
*Luma
*Polari
*Lubba
*Koopa Kids

Antagonists

*Bowser
*Bowser Jr.
*Dry Bowser
*Koopa Kids

Mini-Game Counter

4 Player: 20
1 vs 3: 15
2 vs 2: 15
Battle: 10
Duel: 15
8 Player: 20
Bowser: 5
Bonus: 3
Rare: 2

Total: 105

Controller Support

Wii Remote (side); can't be used in an 8-player game
Wii Classic Controller
Nintendo GameCube Controller

8-Player Controls

Wii Classic Controller

P1-1, P2-1, P3-1, P4-1: L, ZL, Left Control Stick
P1-2, P2-2, P3-2, P4-2: R, ZR, Right Control Stick
All: a, b, y, x

P1-1, P2-1, P3-1, P4-1: L, Control Stick
P1-2, P2-2, P3-2, P4-2: R, C-Stick
All: A, B, Y, X

Toadsworth was a good host but I would like him as a playable character!

nah, on mpds toadette should have been playable and it should have been toadsworths music room, keep toadsworth as a host.

btw Good plan MN&SG, you really should be a game designer, that and your mario and sonic kart designs are better than some of some actuall mario games *cough*winter games and sports mix*cough*

MnSG said:
If another Mario Party was going to exist, I'd think that it would contain the following...

Playables

*Mario
*Luigi
*Peach
*Daisy
*Wario
*Waluigi
*Yoshi
*Birdo
*Donkey Kong
*Diddy Kong
*Toad
*Toadette
*Hammer Bro
*Koopa Troopa
*Boo
*Dry Bones
*Blooper
*Koopa Kid

Board Hosts

*Cranky Kong; hosts a jungle-themed board
*King Boo; hosts a haunted-themed board
*Coach; hosts a water-themed board
*Goomboss; hosts a mountain-themed board
*General Guy; hosts a desert-themed board
*Rosalina; hosts a galaxy-themed board
*Bowser Jr.; hosts a volcano-themed board

Supporting Characters

*Koopa Troopa
*Ukiki
*Funky Kong
*Pink Boo
*Penguin
*Pianta
*Noki
*Goomba
*Shy Guy
*Klepto
*Whomp
*Tox Box
*Luma
*Polari
*Lubba
*Koopa Kids

Antagonists

*Bowser
*Bowser Jr.
*Dry Bowser
*Koopa Kids

Mini-Game Counter

4 Player: 20
1 vs 3: 15
2 vs 2: 15
Battle: 10
Duel: 15
8 Player: 20
Bowser: 5
Bonus: 3
Rare: 2

Total: 105

Controller Support

Wii Remote (side); can't be used in an 8-player game
Wii Classic Controller

8-Player Controls

Wii Classic Controller

P1, P3, P5, P7: L, ZL, Left Control Stick
P2, P4, P6, P8: R, ZR, Right Control Stick
All: a, b, y, x

P1, P3, P5, P7: L, Control Stick
P2, P4, P6, P8: R, C-Stick
All: A, B, Y, X

Your lack of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi makes me sad, and I think a Nunchuk inclusion would make it better.

Koopa Troopa, hm. It would be a supporting character before playable, still. Imagine it, in, say, Lava Lobbers, when it loses.

lets say, mario sports mix and winter games were realeased after mkwii, they are both worse than mkwii, much worse

Link_Dudette said:
lets say, mario sports mix and winter games were realeased after mkwii, they are both worse than mkwii, much worse

Don´t state your opinion as a fact. Sport Mix isn´t even out of Japan so we can´t really judge it, and as for Winter Olympics, while not as good as MK Wii, it doesn´t want to try to surpass it as it´s a sports compilation of it´s own and a damn awesome one if you ask me.

Link_Dudette said:
Yeah, but you're forgetting about SMG2, DKCR, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Metroid Other M, and all of those new 3DS games coming out. Nintendo is going uphill if you ask me.

And yeah, the game's not even out yet anywhere other than Japan, so don't judge it now.

>>Fawfulfury65
Yes, just like DKCR isn't released outside of USA yet, and Europe doesn't have KEY/KnK (I imported the Japanese version of that), and the fact the 3DS isn't out at all yet.
Soooooo... Why rating these games, while she isn't allowed to rate Mario's Sport Mix?

I agree with none of you (neither about going uphill, nor downhill), I'm just comparing posts.

Link_Dudette said:
Nintendos games have been going downhill since MKWII, M&SG, why dont they use your great game plans

Even if I did e-mail the Nintendo company, my suggestions may end up getting rejected. And of course, there are memory limits to ISOs after all; the NTSC-U Mario Kart Wii ISO uses around 4.3 GB, which is 0.07 GB shy of the single layer ISO limit; 4.37 GB.

>>MnSG
Actually, a single layer DVD can contain 4,7 GB, dual layer DVD's are 8,5 GB.
Well, it's indeed a shame they used DLDVD, instead of the usual DVD.

ヤミホシ said:
Soooooo... Why rating these games, while she isn't allowed to rate Mario's Sport Mix?
I was just agreeing with Easmo. You can forget what I said about the 3DS.

If you guys want Nintendo to listen to you, I think it's best to review the game on Club Nintendo when it comes out and tell them how you didn't like the character selection and stuff. They probably won't listen to you by email.

>>Fawfulfury65
>They probably won't listen to you by email.
I tried that too; They didn't listen.

And sending an email to the local (Nintendo Benelux) Nintendo, or to Nintendo of Europe doesn't have any sense, since they won't reply at all.

Back