Mario Party 9

maybe they are planning the early stages and havent started saying stuff about it and reavealing adverts

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
It's a possibility they just started working on it

Source?

It's been a possibility for 3 years.

Any new Nintendo game one could hope for is a 'possibility':

Star Fox Wii
F-Zero Wii
Mario Paint Wii
Mario Golf Wii
Mario Tennis Wii
Wave Race Wii

... that doesn't really mean anything.

Yes, but it doesn't mean it's not gonna happen. Mario Party was a successful series, why stop now?

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Yes, but it doesn't mean it's not gonna happen. Mario Party was a successful series, why stop now?

Couldn't have said it better.

Of course it's not successful now because no new games are coming out! Besides, Mario Party 8 was almost crap. There's room for improvement. A lot of improvement.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Besides, Mario Party 8 was almost crap.

That's precisely why there hasn't been a 9.

Uhhh, no. There's still discussion. And just because you can't think of anything doesn't mean other people can't either.

yeah Mario Party 8 was really really bad. Very few characters, no interesting stuff and hideous graphics (only the 75% of the screen was used). Hammer Bro was in it at least...

And a lot of the duel minigames were 4-player games shrunk down to two-player games. Nintendo is really lazy sometimes.

Super Moogle said:
This topic should be locked. We talked about everything I could think of

What? Who are you to decide that?

NealP said:
Mario Paint Wii
What the hell? Mario Paint isn't a series, it's a one-off game. How the hell could a new Mario Paint come before a new Mario Party in order of likeliness.

FunkyKong84 said:
yeah Mario Party 8 was really really bad. Very few characters, no interesting stuff and hideous graphics (only the 75% of the screen was used). Hammer Bro was in it at least...
Very few characters? MP8 had like 12 playable characters, while the old Mario Parties that everybody loves only had six or eight playable characters. The graphics were pretty bad for a Wii game though.

Well, that kind of makes sense for a DS game because there isn't as much uh... space to add many characters. But they could have put in at least two other characters.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Well, that kind of makes sense for a DS game because there isn't as much uh... space to add many characters. But they could have put in at least two other characters.

Even if it did add two other characters (Baby Mario and Baby Luigi), I don't see why the H Blooper is doing there in the roster.

And I personally liked the later Mario Parties better than the earlier Mario Parties, but it's not like I hate them. I loved all of them, but Mario Party 8 was the worst.

Dunno, 5 was pretty bad too...

Back