Mario Party 9

Ultraluigi said:
That's what stops Mario Party from being my favorite spinoff, Bowser isn't playable.

I was talking to PT, about Boo. I wouldnt want bowser playable since he's better off as a villain. IMO

I was a bit confused to who you were referring to as well Crackin (Bowser is somewhat of a board feature too)! ;D

Regardless, I completely agree with you Crackin. Being both a board featured and a playable character just does not seem right, and is more unlikely. The characters still have chances; however, I don't see it to being too high at this point.

There is also Blooper to consider as well as he was a background figure in a new mini-game as well (perhaps a boss). If we go this way, that means Dry Bones, Boo, and Blooper may have chances of not making it (I was never fond of the latter anyways). I guess we can make more assumptions if we do not see generic koopa troopas and shy guys on the boards later on (only one koopa and shy guy so far and they're both playable).

These boos in the recent screenshots seem more of the regular type; however (though slightly bigger). More like the original boos that were featured as board and minigame features in the older Mario Party titles (before Boo was playable). It would be odd to have identical enemy boos coming after your own boo in a minigame or in the board for that matter.

It would be interesting to see if a Pink Boo became playable instead. :P

Baby Luigi said:
I like how the game is going so far. But what I really want to see is who is going to be playable in it (Baby Luigi....please :()

No offense, but implementing babies into Mario Party really isn't a wise idea.

New Super Mario said:
I hope Koopakid comes back.

I heard that they're retired. Therefore, no more Koopa Kids in future games.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
I like how the game is going so far. But what I really want to see is who is going to be playable in it (Baby Luigi....please :()

New Super Mario said:
I hope Koopakid comes back.

I heard that they're retired. Therefore, no more Koopa Kids in future games.
Ah well, there's still other good choices- Rosalina, Baby Mario/Luigi, Diddy Kong and some more

Well, Rosalina would only work as a board host. Diddy Kong would work as a playable, but that's only if Donkey Kong returns to his playable ways.

New Super Mario said:
MnSG said:
Well, Rosalina would only work as a board host. Diddy Kong would work as a playable, but that's only if Donkey Kong returns to his playable ways.
Why only board host?

For one thing, Mario Party really isn't a series to treat Rosalina as a playable. She'd just look weird as one, especially when you take into account the Bowser minigames.

I always wanted some old playable characters to come back. Koopa Kid is retired, Well, thats what I've heard. And to get DK Back, they could replace him with Rosalina. She would fit the role well for helping others.

Crackin355 said:
I always wanted some old playable characters to come back. Koopa Kid is retired, Well, thats what I've heard. And to get DK Back, they could replace him with Rosalina. She would fit the role well for helping others.

I'd still get a laugh in if Cranky Kong takes over Donkey Kong's job.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

All I was asking for was the baby bros. I think they deserve to be playable, since they are one of the few playable characters (probably the only) from Mario Kart Double Dash who has yet to make an appearance in Mario Party.

If they are going to put babies into Mario Party, I suggest they draw a line after Baby Luigi because that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why do Baby Mario and Baby Luigi share the hate? Baby Peach and Baby Daisy suddenly made people hate all babies for some reason. Dry Bones... is basically the same unoriginal thing, except it is loved by many people.

Maybe it's because Dry Bones feels more seperate. Babies are just young versions of characters we already have, which is why many people hate them.

But I agree that babies don't really fit, kind of like how Rosalina wouldn't fit in doing Mario Party Antics. I just feel the babies could be a cameo, but being playable would be kind of... wierd.

Of course, if Nintendo puts them in thats fine, I just don't think they're very fitting for characters.

I completely respect your opinion, but I think the babies fit rather nicely in the Mario Party atmosphere. Koopa Kid did just well as a little kid participating in the violent party, but unfortunately, he was removed.

I feel Dry Bones is just a reskinned Koopa Troopa. It has unique traits, but its body shape is very similar to the Koopa Troopa while the babies are significantly different.

Rosalina... well, I agree with you on that part. She makes a great karter, but she is better as a host.

I can totally imagine the baby bros. losing in Countdown Pound or Cage n' Cooking or Sky Survivors. It'll look hilarious!

I liked Dry Bones, even if he was a reskinned Koopa, he was the closest to Koopa we had, since Koopa wasn't playable then.

I prefer Dry Bones over Koopa Troopa, but only in games that allow larger rosters is where Koopa Troopa and Dry Bones should be in at the same time. Otherwise, it's one or the other. That's my opinion, by the way.

In my opinion, I wouldn't mind seeing the Baby Bros. appearing in this game. They have notability in my opinion from what they have actually done (which exceeds a lot of Mario characters actually). However, adding the extra babies is where I somewhat dislike the idea. Unfortunately, it was due to the arrival of Baby Peach and especially Baby Daisy that caused a lot of dislike towards the infant characters. Very few complained about the Baby Bros. in the past; however, it was after MK Wii that all babies were seen in a negative view by some people.

I also agree that Rosalina should be a host/helper (possibly replacing DK if anything). She seems perfect for the role in my opinion. In terms of playable characters I am hoping that Toadette and Birdo return, and I am also fine with Baby Bros. as well. It is possible that Dry Bones, Boo, and Blooper may be dropped as a result of their current appearances in the game. Hammer Bro.? I also think he's unlikely as he is not seen yet, but let's see...

Dry Bones was in Mario Party 8 over Koopa
Koopa is in Mario Party 9 over Dry Bones

Atleast they both get their chance in the spotlight

Yes, however, I would rather have Dry Bones over Koopa Troopa in Mario Party 9. Dry Bones doesn't sound as annoying and it is just better.

I always liked Koopa's noise he made. And Yoshi's.

I'm actually looking forward to this new car mechanic. It'll be interesting, as well as the Bosses.

Back