Mario Party 9

Dr. Eggman said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Marwikedor said:
I think Mario Party 9 should not make the mistake Mario Party 4-8 did, which is not be as good as the original trilogy for the Nintendo 64!
What mistake?
By not being as good as the first three (although I actually don't like the first one too much, but the second two are the best).

The first Mario Party sucked in that it had those awful Control Stick rotation minigames.

Marwikedor said:
I think Mario Party 9 should not make the mistake Mario Party 4-8 did, which is not be as good as the original trilogy for the Nintendo 64!
Well... What made those three games good?

MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Well... What made those three games good?

Well, my guess is the minigames that are utilized.

Yeah, the minigames in the first three (well, at least the second and third games) felt unique and inspired. After a while they lost that to me.

If you're just looking for good minigames, I think that the 64 Mario Parties were the best for it.

The best boards where on the later Mario Party's.

There better not be any 1 vs. 3 games where one team has an obvious disadvantage. Like in Mario Party 3 where the single player has a hang glider while the 3 player team has a shell (with an oar), some kind of spider-like machine, and a Bullet Bill shaped boat. From my point of view, whoever was the single player or had the spider were given a disadvantage.

Raphael said:
There better not be any 1 vs. 3 games where one team has an obvious disadvantage. Like in Mario Party 3 where the single player has a hang glider while the 3 player team has a shell (with an oar), some kind of spider-like machine, and a Bullet Bill shaped boat. From my point of view, whoever was the single player or had the spider were given a disadvantage.
^ That one for sure. I don't think I've ever won that minigame without being the single player.

I hope there's no more minigames like Bash n Cash either. In that game, the single player gets the heck beat out of them by the other players, who get to steal all their coins. The lone player can't do anything but dodge the attacks, which is very hard.

Agreed, and Bash N Cash was even worse if it was Bowser's version. If you manage to keep all your coins, Bowser just goes and steal 15 coins from you. That actually happened to me once and to make things even worse, the next mini-game I played was Bash N Cash and I was the single-player AGAIN.

Raphael said:
Agreed, and Bash N Cash was even worse if it was Bowser's version. If you manage to keep all your coins, Bowser just goes and steal 15 coins from you. That actually happened to me once and to make things even worse, the next mini-game I played was Bash N Cash and I was the single-player AGAIN.

It sucks when you can't fight back. Instead, the lone player should be able to use moves to steal coins from your opponents. That way, it'll make the minigame more fair for the lone player.

Yep. The first Mario Party had so many flaws. Then again, it was Hudson and Nintendo's first Mario Party, so we can forgive any mistakes they made, especially since they were fixed in Mario Party 2.

I had so much trouble with that as a kid. But I've discovered the secret to winning, (if you're the single player).

Only mini-game I really want remade is Coney Island from Mario Party 5 (I love ice cream)

I hope Wario gets voiced by his original Mario Party voice actor, I miss hearing him say "DOH I MISSED!" and "WAAAAAAAARGH!"

Those Boos are gonna have some serious indigestion.

I know he's been Wario's voice for a long time, but I didn't know he was also Wario's voice back then. Thing is, Wario sounded different back then.

Raphael said:
I know he's been Wario's voice for a long time, but I didn't know he was also Wario's voice back then. Thing is, Wario sounded different back then.

Voice acting was still rather new during the N64 days, so it's not going to be as good as it is today.

Raphael said:
I had so much trouble with that as a kid. But I've discovered the secret to winning, (if you're the single player).

Only mini-game I really want remade is Coney Island from Mario Party 5 (I love ice cream)

I hope Wario gets voiced by his original Mario Party voice actor, I miss hearing him say "DOH I MISSED!" and "WAAAAAAAARGH!"

Those Boos are gonna have some serious indigestion.

THEY ATE THE FAT MAN! He was like, RUUUHHHHH!!!

Do you also remember them saying, "THAT POOR MAN! YOU LET HIM OFF INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN AND NOW YOU THREW A BOMB AT HIM?"

Oh yeah, I remember.

Luigi's gonna get the least screen-time out of the CPUs.

Poor Luigi.

Well, Wario has a bad voice actor and it's fun to make fun of him and Peach is just frustrating to play against, which is great for the viewers. Luigi's the last meme-worthy.

I like it when they imitated Wario's falling down the pit noise and DOH I MISSED

From Mario Party 4 and 5?

They don't really say anything when they lose. Only in Mario Party 4

Didn't they also say something when they lose in Mario Party 8?

Back