Mario Party 9

They don't. They do have losing voice clips, but they just don't play them when they lose.

Baby Luigi said:
They don't. They do have losing voice clips, but they just don't play them when they lose.

That is quite odd. I also recall that in Brawl, the fighters have voice clips for when they get sent flying real hard, but the voice clips are never used at all.

Leonyx said:
MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Well... What made those three games good?

Well, my guess is the minigames that are utilized.

Yeah, the minigames in the first three (well, at least the second and third games) felt unique and inspired. After a while they lost that to me.

If you're just looking for good minigames, I think that the 64 Mario Parties were the best for it.
I'll admit, there were very few mini-games in the first three I didn't like... whereas 4-7 had only a handful of games I genuinely DID like. Mario Party 8 was had a fair amount of fun mini-games.

I hope the mini games won't be as boring as Mario Party 8's was.

I remember long ago seeing a screen shot where they were all on the game board and all driving around in the same car! Does anybody knoww how thats supposed to work?

Since Nintendo didn't have a playable demo on any Event, nobody knows yet.

Pinkie Pie said:
Some mini games were fun in MP8, but some were boring.
Yeah, I think Rowed to Victory can get very tried if it keeps poping, up and you get to many 1 vs 3 mini games.

I was kind of hoping for the following, in terms of mini-games...

4-player: 20
1-vs-3: 15
2-vs-2: 15
Battle: 10
Duel: 15
Bowser Jr.: 6
Boss: 1
Rare: 3

I would take 5 battle and add it on to 4-player.

Dr. Eggman said:

The reason for why I stated 10 battle mini-games is just in case the battle mini-game space comes back.

Oh, I loved the battle mini-game space, especially in a match where a custom pack of minigames are chosen (Mario Party 4).

MnSG said:
I was kind of hoping for the following, in terms of mini-games...

4-player: 20
1-vs-3: 15
2-vs-2: 15
Battle: 10
Duel: 15
Bowser Jr.: 6
Boss: 1
Rare: 3
So many 1-3 and 2-2 games compared to the 4-player ones... Then again, maybe I just haven't been paying attention to the mini-game ratios of the other Mario Parties...

I hope no duel minigames just simply make 4 player minigames 1 on 1

You know what I miss? The 1-player mini-games, like in the first Mario Party. We haven't seem them since then... Or at least rarely, or ones that don't count as DK, Bowser, or "special" mini-games.

Some one player minigames make you look like a fool of yourself, though, and make you lose coins too.

Marwikedor said:
It is hard to believe Mario Party 1 had the most content.

Not all of it is good though. Obviously, the Control Stick rotation minigames are one example.

MnSG said:
Dr. Eggman said:

The reason for why I stated 10 battle mini-games is just in case the battle mini-game space comes back.

THEY TOOK OUT THE BATTLE MINIGAMES?

Easily the best minigames to play with friends. Why would they even do that?

Leonyx said:
THEY TOOK OUT THE BATTLE MINIGAMES?

Easily the best minigames to play with friends. Why would they even do that?

Actually, Battle minigames are still around, but they only appear randomly now. Originally, Battle minigames were played when a player lands on a Battle minigame space.

Back