Mario Party 9

MnSG said:
Leonyx said:
MnSG said:
Dr. Eggman said:
I would take 5 battle and add it on to 4-player.

The reason for why I stated 10 battle mini-games is just in case the battle mini-game space comes back.

THEY TOOK OUT THE BATTLE MINIGAMES?

Easily the best minigames to play with friends. Why would they even do that?

Actually, Battle minigames are still around, but they only appear randomly now. Originally, Battle minigames were played when a player lands on a Battle minigame space.
I hope they have only one battle space on each board, but make sure that 3rd gets money.

MnSG said:
Leonyx said:
THEY TOOK OUT THE BATTLE MINIGAMES?

Easily the best minigames to play with friends. Why would they even do that?

Actually, Battle minigames are still around, but they only appear randomly now. Originally, Battle minigames were played when a player lands on a Battle minigame space.

They appear randomly? How so? Is it like a random event after everyone's turns? Also, when did they make this change?

Leonyx said:
They appear randomly? How so? Is it like a random event after everyone's turns? Also, when did they make this change?

Yup. Occasionally, when a 4-player minigame is about to start, a Battle minigame may be played instead. Likewise, 8-player and microphone minigames will randomly appear, depending on your game settings, along with which game modes are being played.

MnSG said:
Leonyx said:

Yup. Occasionally, when a 4-player minigame is about to start, a Battle minigame may be played instead. Likewise, 8-player and microphone minigames will randomly appear, depending on your game settings, along with which game modes are being played.

Oh. I remember now. I had forgotten.

I think that Battle mini games should go back to having a vote.

The only reason I liked Battle Minigames because they have a tendency to sap computer coins. For example, in one match, the peak number of coins Wario had was, about 16, while Donkey Kong was 20. It was also partly due to the stage (Bowser's Gnarly Party), but the Battle Minigames that were resulted from landing on the spaces were the primary cause.

That's why I like my Battle Minigames to be on spaces, not appear randomly. I mean, Toadsworth does it so rarely that it could give you an impression Battle Minigames don't exist in Mario Party 7.

I also love how you could torture Wario and make him come last in them.

This needs to be in a future Mario Party

Wario_wins_in_Look_away.png

It's so stupid and ridiculous, it's funny

Yes you can. And this game isn't entirely luck based. If you're the lone guy, all you need is good reflexes to win.

Smashgoom202 said:
I remember that game. I recall you could win by not doing anything at all.

Actually, you can lose by doing nothing if the lone player isn't doing anything either.

MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I remember that game. I recall you could win by not doing anything at all.

Actually, you can lose by doing nothing if the lone player isn't doing anything either.

I think he meant by the lone player's point of view

The music in Mario Party is pretty darn memorable, even though they aren't masterpieces like Super Mario Galaxy.

I've played Mario Party 2 (and to some extent 3) so often, that I'm able to instantly recognize the mini-game music from those games.

For me, they're pretty catchy

Smashgoom202 said:
I've played Mario Party 2 (and to some extent 3) so often, that I'm able to instantly recognize the mini-game music from those games.

Fowl Play's music actually does fit its theme quite well.

MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Fowl Play's music actually does fit its theme quite well.
"I feel like a Kentucky-Fried Idiot".

I hope the Car dose not become the main mode.

Back