Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Yoshidude99 said:
I think it will still get bought by lots of people especially all those Paper Mario fans(me included). I actually like most games where Nintendo has tried something new.
The sad fact is that most people in America (don't know about other countries) are dumb consumers. Last year I overheard someone doing their holiday shopping and thinking New Super Mario Bros. was new.

Thanks for stereotyping. But seriously, stop complaining. I really wish people would make up there mind. For example:

NSMB2 comes out.

Everyone: It sucks! It's to similar.

PM:SS news is announced.

Everyone: It sucks! It's to different.

Me: Make up your damn minds!

Please note, this game is not out yet. You can't judge a book by its cover. This game may be hiding secrets. We don't know everything about the sticker mechanic yet.

Sauron said:
Thanks for stereotyping. But seriously, stop complaining. I really wish people would make up there mind. For example:

NSMB2 comes out.

Please note, this game is not out yet. You can't judge a book by its cover. This game may be hiding secrets. We don't know everything about the sticker mechanic yet.
^This.

Sauron said:

NSMB2 comes out.

You don't understand. Super Mario Bros. 3 was different. It was the sequel to a great game, and while it had different concepts, it still played the same. Press A to jump. Stomp on the enemies. Nothing was different; it was just sleeker and had added features that were awesome.

Sticker Star does not do that. It does not keep the same basic elements. Having the game look the same does not mean it's the same game. Removing partners is just a stupid idea. There's no reason to replace the battle system with this sticker concept, which, if I made add, almost certainly implies that badges are gone too. Why would you remove things? They may as well call this Sticker Mario RPG.

I'm sorry, I forgot where it says a sequel has to have everything the same as its prequel.

Silly me, not reading up on my sequel rules. Your comparing a side scroller to an RPG.

Really, your just fucking but hurt that your not getting exactly what you want. You have not given the sticker mechanic a chance and you too blinded by what's gone to appreciate what's new. Stop living in the fucking past and get over it, not everything will be what you want, so stop whining.

Plus, it sounds like your running out of reasons to be a jackass. Because comparing a side scroller to an RPG is a long shot.

omg i hate when people just dislike something just because it's different, it's like there is no winning with them. the same goes for final fantasy fans with their nostalgia for part 7 and pokemon fans. it's mostly nostalgia that's the problem with these people.

Crackin355 said:
I'm sorry, I forgot where it says a sequel has to have everything the same as its prequel.

Silly me, not reading up on my sequel rules. Your comparing a side scroller to an RPG.

Really, your just fucking but hurt that your not getting exactly what you want. You have not given the sticker mechanic a chance and you too blinded by what's gone to appreciate what's new. Stop living in the fucking past and get over it, not everything will be what you want, so stop whining.

Plus, it sounds like your running out of reasons to be a jackass. Because comparing a side scroller to an RPG is a long shot.
shut up crackin' he is right.

no partners is lame, I am barely interested in this sticker mechanic shit (running out of stickers and losing automatically is no fun) and removing badges and the lack of experience is not good, it's what gives sauce to the rpgs, you know a rpg isn't a rpg if you don't level up.

i dont care about these changes i just want a NEW FUCKING PAPER MARIO GAME

change is not bad, it's just the way it changes that is bad

i agree that having no real partners besides kersti will suck hard, but i'm interested to see how this sticker mechanic turns out

Meulin Leijon said:
Crackin355 said:

shut up crackin' he is right.

no partners is lame, I am barely interested in this sticker mechanic shit (running out of stickers and losing automatically is no fun) and removing badges and the lack of experience is not good, it's what gives sauce to the rpgs, you know a rpg isn't a rpg if you don't level up.
shut up guys give it a chance.

You all have opinions on what you've seen yes, and you don't like it, but you can't outright say its shit when it isn't out yet. Your all saying the sicker mechanic is bad when you haven't given it a try. You can say it looks bad, but you have to give things a chance. You don't just see someone new and immediately neglect them, without getting to know them just because you don't like how they look.

Anyway, I'm done with this, is too hard to get this through your heads. Sure some things are lame but did you notice that the game isn't out yet? So we haven't seen everything yet.

Meulin Leijon said:
the lack of experience is not good, it's what gives sauce to the rpgs, you know a rpg isn't a rpg if you don't level up.

Technically, you do still level up in this game. It's just in a different manner

An RPG doesn't need to have experience of leveling up.

Still, what is wrong with Nintendo to make them think of leveling up through side quests.

I do think this sticker thing is kinda interesting, I just see it getting a little boring after a while, which is my main reason for wanting partners.

I mean, having to find stickers ALL the time is gonna get a little annoying.

New Super Mario said:
I do think this sticker thing is kinda interesting, I just see it getting a little boring after a while, which is my main reason for wanting partners.

I doubt the only way to get stickers is to find them, I can see them being rewards for battling. Coins could be gotten from battling too.

New Super Mario said:

Really?

I heard this game is going to have individual levels rather than one big world to explore.

I have now lost nearly all interest in this game.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I heard this game is going to have individual levels rather than one big world to explore.

It's at least something, besides you loved the first two games.

NSY said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

"It's something" is possibly the weakest defense I've seen of this game.

I'm somewhat excited, considering we know so little about how it works.

I just hope there's a story. Not some excuse plot or anything which seems like it might be.

Gummy said:
NSY said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

"It's something" is possibly the weakest defense I've seen of this game.
I don't want to be wasting $40 on "something." Unless the ratings are great I might just pass this one. The story also doesn't seem to exciting. The last two Paper Mario games had rather dark storylines (for Mario games), but this one doesn't seem to be like that.

Cirdec said:
Give it a chance.

I'm gonna echo Fawfulfury a little here.

I'm sure everyone would be all for giving it a chance, but considering the fact that you'd need to shell out $40 for it, makes it a bit of a gamble. A downloadable demo on the E-shop would be nice, but (To my knowledge at least) Nintendo never really releases demos for Mario games.

On another note, I'm gonna miss the way the Dry Bones appeared in the series up until this installment, not that I detest the way they look now, it's just that their older appearance was always kinda unique to the series.

Regarding the sticker gimmick, It looks interesting, but I get the feeling that the novelty of it will wear off pretty quickly.

Back