Paper Mario: Sticker Star

I disagree, food metaphors are awesome.

And while you can try out new dishes, you should always make sure that you still update the popular ones. And hey, didn't the Nintendo Diner already try serving Super Paper Mario? Wasn't that such a disappointing meal?

Nabber said:
I disagree, food metaphors are awesome.

And while you can try out new dishes, you should always make sure that you still update the popular ones. And hey, didn't the Nintendo Diner already try serving Super Paper Mario? Wasn't that such a disappointing meal?

People were too used to their old dish and didn't like trying new things, but if they had it while not comparing it to the better dish, they would find out that it isn't such a bad dish. They can't make two new Paper Mario dishes, its one or the other, and trying new things is much better than reusing old ingredients. People already complained when they brought out that drink New Super Mario Bros. 2 that tasted a lot like other drinks that they've tried before.

On the contrary, while I was watching Chuggaaconroy's eating of Super Paper Mario, I realized that the dish was still bad, even when not being compared to the original Paper Marios. And while New Super Mario Bros. 2 was quite similar to New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I never said I wanted the exact same thing. I want the same type of dish, but I want variations on it. I want a new type of Paper Mario that brings new things to the plate but at the meat of the matter is still Paper Mario.

Food metaphores

These last few posts are a shining example of the corrupting influence Kojima had on our youth.

You do know it's essentially the same battle system, just stickers instead of badges and commands.

You can't decide that it's a bad game before it has even been played before. You may not like the taste of it now, but we haven't seen hardly anything of this game yet.

Crackin355 said:
You do know it's essentially the same battle system, just stickers instead of badges and commands.

You can't decide that it's a bad game before it has even been played before. You may not like the taste of it now, but we haven't seen hardly anything of this game yet.
Battle system - limited commands, no FP/SP as far as we can tell, not required, no XP given, no partners.

How is that the same?

Nabber said:
Crackin355 said:

Battle system - limited commands, no FP/SP as far as we can tell, not required, no XP given, no partners.

How is that the same?

The commands being stickers and getting used up after use is the same thing as FP, except makes you think more carefully, they will be required in some way, but battles previously were not required either, but being hard to avoid was the point, If they force battles upon you, by the time you reach an NPC that gives out an upgrade, it'd be the same timeframe as getting enough XP, partners aren't everything, the extra attacks per turn thing is the same as having a partner because it's still a second attack, which was what partners were for. You can probably pull off better combos or such this way anyway, because of the order of using the stickers being a strategic choice (use a sticker that may bring down defense, then hit them with an attack and do extra damage, saving you the trouble of wasting a second attacking sticker).

See, everything new here has some of the old stuff in it, but is more behind the scenes.

So what you're saying is that since you're attacking the same way, it's essentially the same thing?

Gummy said:
Still, there's no need for a change if it doesn't really change anything.
It's only a minor change.

Just try the game and make an opinion, there is absolutely no possible way to tell whether the sticker element will ruin the game just from a few trailers.

Blue Paratroopa said:
Just try the game and make an opinion, there is absolutely no possible way to tell whether the sticker element will ruin the game just from a few trailers.

Dude, this is what I've tried to tell them so many times already. They just don't listen. And even if they did, I bet that they'd play it and automatically say its shit because they WANT the sticker mechanic to suck.

That's the only thing that I can think of, you want the game to suck so the they'll bring back the old formula.

Crackin355 said:
Blue Paratroopa said:

Dude, this is what I've tried to tell them so many times already. They just don't listen. And even if they did, I bet that they'd play it and automatically say its shit because they WANT the sticker mechanic to suck.

That's the only thing that I can think of, you want the game to suck so the they'll bring back the old formula.

See? That's perfect. By buying it, Nintendo gets money and thus has no incentive to change. There's a reason why I don't play any of the sports titles besides Kart--they're shovelware, and I've played enough of them to know that.

Gummy said:
Crackin355 said:
Blue Paratroopa said:

See? That's perfect. By buying it, Nintendo gets money and thus has no incentive to change. There's a reason why I don't play any of the sports titles besides Kart--they're shovelware, and I've played enough of them to know that.

Nintendo's always going to get money from their games, a couple people not buying it won't change anything. But you do realize you contradicted yourself. If they don't have incentive to change, why would they change in the first place? Because they're not afraid to try new things. Something you seem to be shit scared of.

Gummy said:
Crackin355 said:
Blue Paratroopa said:

Dude, this is what I've tried to tell them so many times already. They just don't listen. And even if they did, I bet that they'd play it and automatically say its *bleep* because they WANT the sticker mechanic to suck.

All 3 Mario and Sonic games are really fun on Wii.

Yoshidude99 said:
Gummy said:
Crackin355 said:
Blue Paratroopa said:

Dude, this is what I've tried to tell them so many times already. They just don't listen. And even if they did, I bet that they'd play it and automatically say its *bleep* because they WANT the sticker mechanic to suck.

Not for me they weren't.

And Crackin--what I meant is that if Nintendo rakes in a large net profit from a game or console, there's no incentive to improve. If they don't, there is. We'll see how well SS sells; thanks to being overshadowed by the Wii U, I predict it won't be particularly strong.

Gummy said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Gummy said:
Crackin355 said:
Blue Paratroopa said:

Not for me they weren't.

And Crackin--what I meant is that if Nintendo rakes in a large net profit from a game or console, there's no incentive to improve. If they don't, there is. We'll see how well SS sells; thanks to being overshadowed by the Wii U, I predict it won't be particularly strong.
If SS means Skyward Sword, it's actually sold over three million copies which is a very good Job for a game that was released late into it's generation. Understanding that Skyward Sword is one of my favourite games of all time, why are you dissing it, have you even tried it. I used to be disgusted by the The Legend of Zelda but when I tried OoT 3D, I became a big fan of the series and actually understood that everyone loves the series. This also comes with Sticker Star, you haven't even tried it and there is a fact that you might actually like it and enjoy it.

EDIT: Why did confuse Sticker Dtar with Skyward Sword, at least spell it out so I know what you are taking about before I kick off with the worng thing.

He's talking about Sticker Star, not Skyward Sword, and I think his concern about overshadowing is somewhat valid, since (in the States at least), the game and the Wii U are being released a week apart from one another.

Byakuya Togami said:
He's talking about Sticker Star, not Skyward Sword, and I think his concern about overshadowing is somewhat valid, since (in the States at least), the game and the Wii U are being released a week apart from one another.
*Faceplaming myself*

But really you need toat least try it, people like me and Pryo like the idea and want to buy it. Please Snowstaker you are only dissing this because it's diffrent, you might like this idea more, you'll never know.

I think it will still get bought by lots of people especially all those Paper Mario fans(me included). I actually like most games where Nintendo has tried something new.

Back