Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Animal partners.

Yoshibaker said:
DKCR didn't remove that much.

Mainly just the Kremlings, as far as I can see. And that doesn't have to do with the gameplay.
It was far more than just the Kremlings that got removed.

Solar Blaze said:
Yoshibaker said:
DKCR didn't remove that much.

Mainly just the Kremlings, as far as I can see. And that doesn't have to do with the gameplay.
It was far more than just the Kremlings that got removed.
Most Animal Buddies, Switching Characters. Thats all I can think off.

Well, here's some more, then.

-The Kremlings were removed (as stated above), as well as various other recurring enemy types.
-Almost every Kong Family member was cast aside, since Retro Studios (for some stupid reason) seems to think that people like them speak for the entire fandom.
-They only had a whopping one Animal Buddy in the game that was ridable (again, as stated above). Even Jungle Beat had more than this.
-Water stages were removed (I don't know about anyone else, but those didn't bother me much in the SNES titles).
-The ability to switch characters was removed.

Now, with that said, why don't we get back on topic?

Big McIntosh said:
Solar Blaze said:
Now, with that said, why don't we get back on topic?

Thank you, Solar Blaze.

Regarding the partners, what happened to the Chain Chomp we saw? Was it a Beta Element?

Most likely.

Or, according to the wiki:
Partners work differently in Sticker Star, only being used one time to solve certain puzzles. The only true partner is Kersti, and partner attacks have been removed entirely in favor of stickers; i.e. Shell Toss has been replaced by a Koopa Shell sticker.

From what we've seen, that Chain Chomp will probably be in the forest world.

Regarding the partners, what happened to the Chain Chomp we saw? Was it a Beta Element?

Pretty sure one of the trailers showed it is a sticker attack.

If it is, shouldn't the information be altered a bit? It's quite misleading right now.

Nabber said:
Glowsquid said:

Pretty sure one of the trailers showed it is a sticker attack.
Now we know what to do with our dead pets.

Can't imagine dead goldfish being very effective.

Unless you're trying to gross him out.

Cirdec said:
Nabber said:
Anyone else not seeing partners?

Seriously, they go from 15 characters to two.
The presence of Bowser Jr. means that the story will be Peach kidnapped by Bowser again ?
I didn't care about news too much, but if they go on this way again, obviously this is very dissapointing. Not only the formula story from SMB already has lots of problems, but others that had played previous Paper games would easily feel tired.

Even though the feedbacks for SPM are polarized, generally I can see SPM was to give a story original, affecting and different from the previous two. I guess Bowser fit better with the way he did in Thousand Door if he's not a partner again.

Unless there would be actually another hidden boss that Mario has to learn via traveling. Or the staff just want to "remake" the story in the handheld version.

Dorayaki said:
Cirdec said:
Nabber said:
Anyone else not seeing partners?

Seriously, they go from 15 characters to two.
The presence of Bowser Jr. means that the story will be Peach kidnapped by Bowser again ?
I didn't care about news too much, but if they go on this way again, obviously this is very dissapointing. Not only the formula story from SMB already has lots of problems, but others that had played previous Paper games would easily feel tired.

Even though the feedbacks for SPM are polarized, generally I can see SPM was to give a story original, affecting and different from the previous two. I guess Bowser fit better with the way he did in Thousand Door if he's not a partner again.

Unless there would be actually another hidden boss that Mario has to learn via traveling. Or the staff just want to "remake" the story in the handheld version.

Are you ignoring the fact that every single Paper Mario game had Peach kidnapped? The basis =/= the whole story.

DonnyKD said:
Are you ignoring the fact that every single Paper Mario game had Peach kidnapped? The basis =/= the whole story.
If you are also ignoring Bowser, obviously no.

Only judging form the introduction, we do see it's very close to SMB and the 1st Paper story. So we do have to see if other new characters have more influence than Bowser in the latter of the story.

Another factor is where the story begins (Not Mushroom Kingdom?)

Peach wasn't kidnapped for much of SPM you know.

She was still kidnapped per se, and that counts

Wow, it looks pretty good!

Also, Nintendo must've seen my 'Shroom sections, because it seemed Kersti was pretty snarky in the intro.

Pyro said:
Wow, it looks pretty good!

Also, Nintendo must've seen my 'Shroom sections, because it seemed Kersti was pretty snarky in the intro.
I think she was snarky before you posted that.

Anser said:
And she wasn't kidnapped by Bowser as she usually is...
But I get your point.
At least the reasons for kidnapping her is diffrent. Even though the 2nd and 3rd ones have some defects.

In both NSMB and Paper stories, the staff might think Peach don't have choices as a main heroine when she's not a player/partner. But there are still other main characters and RPG who don't have to be kidnapped anyway.

Back