Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Console single player games (of course not PvP games) need more ways for players to cheat, not less. Games like Animal Crossing would have benefited from an unlock everything cheat rather than players sidestepping and time-travelling. Imagine what players in New Horizons could have done with max funds and have all furniture available at their fingertips...

I find myself wondering whats the point in even playing a game like that if all you are going to do is just cheat and get everything from the get go.

I mean cheating if a game is too hard I get, I do that all the time, but for a game like that isn't earning and buying that stuff part of the appeal in the first place?

I find myself wondering whats the point in even playing a game like that if all you are going to do is just cheat and get everything from the get go.

I mean cheating if a game is too hard I get, I do that all the time, but for a game like that isn't earning and buying that stuff part of the appeal in the first place?

I can't speak for all players, but some of us like to jump straight to the creation aspect of it if available, Spore players are especially like this, where there's a creature editor where you can design whatever creature you like from the getgo. In the Sims 4, I constructed lots specifically designed to torture characters with convoluted mazes for hallways, pools everywhere on the biggest, most expensive lot available, and you can't immediately go to design prison camps like this without cheats that increase your money and unlock all setpieces that are unlocked from specific careers.

MTS_Sim_plistic-1519334-1side.jpg

Not to mention, there's a lot of cheats going on whenever I do this that aren't part of the game console and are available with mods, such as the Sims 4 MC Command Center that I frequently use, such as making all characters marry each other for the inevitable jealousy to kick in as well as modding in more Sims to my household for a large family of them.

I guess for more linear games, it's not as fun to unlock all stages from the getgo, but other games such as life sims that let you customize a lot of things, hell yeah I would like to have everything Animal Crossing: New Horizon has to offer on the get go rather than wait days or even months to get the building upgrades I require to construct my island paradise, Death Trap.

Smash Ultimate's unlock system is a ridiculously tedious and unrewarding drag with very scant content in the beginning, and they should've either implemented a cheat to unlock everything or don't bother with such a crappy system and give us more valuable rewards. Unlocking things is supposed to be rewarding, but Ultimate made it a chore. Hell, unlocking characters is part of the surprise, but Ultimate's appeal is that everyone is here and you see all characters on inside of the box you open before you pluck off the cartridge, so there is no surprise to what the roster is, and people generally know the complete lineup of most fighting games these days anyhow.

So you have to make the rewards and progression, well, appropriately rewarding. Smash Ultimate's a very good example where a cheat presented as an option would help more seasoned players jump in the game and use their favorite characters rather than play a bunch of repetitive (yeah all options are horribly repetitive) crap before they really play the game.

And in Ultimate's case, all the fighters are just such an integral part of the game that having so few of them at the beginning is really limiting and jarring. I would have rathered either the unlocking process be less tedious or just not having the fighters be unlockable and instead assigning that role to other things. Like, say, idk, spirits, Mii costumes...

Smash Ultimate's unlock system is a ridiculously tedious and unrewarding drag with very scant content in the beginning, and they should've either implemented a cheat to unlock everything or don't bother with such a crappy system and give us more valuable rewards. Unlocking things is supposed to be rewarding, but Ultimate made it a chore. Hell, unlocking characters is part of the surprise, but Ultimate's appeal is that everyone is here and you see all characters on inside of the box you open before you pluck off the cartridge, so there is no surprise to what the roster is, and people generally know the complete lineup of most fighting games these days anyhow.

So you have to make the rewards and progression, well, appropriately rewarding. Smash Ultimate's a very good example where a cheat presented as an option would help more seasoned players jump in the game and use their favorite characters rather than play a bunch of repetitive (yeah all options are horribly repetitive) crap before they really play the game.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about games like Animal Crossing where you're doing stuff to progressively expand your town/island/whatever the game takes place in. Pretty big difference between that and a game with unlockable characters like Mario Kart or Smash.

Oh, yeah, ok, in that context then that's definitely a fair point.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about games like Animal Crossing where you're doing stuff to progressively expand your town/island/whatever the game takes place in. Pretty big difference between that and a game with unlockable characters like Mario Kart or Smash.
I see.

Though even in Animal Crossing's case, outside of online trading, getting the items you want from in-game crap is still a tedious daily check-back. Back in New Leaf I just wanted Big Bro's stache so tearing out Fortune Cookie after Fortune Cookie gave me like three fire bars and countless karts, and so on. Also I was taking on the Harmonious challenge so I keep checking back to see if there are Harmonious items I missed like the Exotic series and so on but the stores don't have those items. If I could cheat those items in.... or if they actually rotate through a substantial portion of items per day as a reward compared to just, like, 8 (including two wall items) for the final upgrade, maybe it wouldn't be so painful to keep checking back.

I just got Sticker Star second-hand and was stupefied to discover that it's actually kinda fun. The exploration part, in all honesty, is not too different from any other open-level Mario game, but I still regard the battle system as generally flawed and a half-arsed attempt at shoving RPG elements into something that was not meant to take on an RPG route.

However, I'm not here to state things that have already been said. What I came here to discuss is Kersti. I don't see why people hate Kersti so much. From what I've seen so far, she has a lot of tact and is even cheerful and supportive at times. At worst, she sounds like a sarcastic internet troll, but that seems to be expressed only towards enemies or in situations that hinder Mario's progress, frankly more or less reflecting the player's emotion at that point. The way people painted her, saying that she's some clamouring bitch that wants to make you wish you were never born, I pictured Flowey levels of assholeness. But she appears to constantly fling positivity towards Mario instead.

Dieter is better than Fawful. (at least in my heart)
Birdo is very cute.
TOK is a horror game.

I want Daisy's third eye and Trump orange skin to be canonical. Otherwise, Pauline does everything she does and that makes her expendable.

Daisy crystal smashes in Strikers Charged though.

Mario should never speak more than 5 words at the most, and only every now and then.

I myself prefer the way Mario's Game Gallery gave Mario a lot of lines. In fact, I wouldn't mind a Clubhouse Games where Mario is the narrator.

Thank you for reading.

Back