Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

My unpopular opinion is that Woody is the most compelling and deepest Mario franchise character and nothing will change my opinion on that.

-sells minigames
-inexplicably has his own evil counterpart Mean Woody, who lives in Woody's Woods near Woody
-Has committed several war crimes from the year 1955 to 1975

the only chapter I disliked in SPM was the heaven chapter. But that's because I kept getting lost and it was way too huge for its own good. I kept having moments of "Okay how far back do I have to go this time?" and it was really frustrating.
Imo Ch6 was worse but yeah I get you. Personally I own a guide now so it's not so bad anymore.

The best chapter of SPM is the epilogue.

Because then I can stop playing.

The epilogue was very beautiful though.

I used "Proof of Existence" on the last slide of a presentation I gave last year and the atmosphere was just perfect because that's how it was composed to be. A joyous ending to a long adventure, an emotional goodbye, and a hope for a positive future.

Which would have meant something to be me if I had actually enjoyed the adventure and not seen that kind of stuff hundreds of times before in better games.

Do you mean SPM? No way, he was awesome!

• "But... But I'm Bowser! I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now! No way am I helping Mario! He's always trashing my awesome plans."
  • "NO! I'M NOT SWEET! And I'm not helping Mario just to save a bunch of worlds. I'm only doing it so I can rule someday. So don't get all cuddly with me, Mario!"
  • "Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"
  • "Who are you supposed to be, Mr. Frilly Pants? You gonna tie me a balloon animal?"
  • "Think you can dent a shell as burly as THIS, pretty boy? Let those Cragnons go!"
  • "Are we gonna group-hug? Enough pep talk, gramps! I'm doing this for ME!"
  • "Hey! Shut yon trap, fluffy! You're talking about the WIFE of Lord Bowser!"
  • "I've had egg-salad-sandwiches chunkier than this guy."
  • "Hey, Super Stupid Bros.! Get the princess into the next room NOW!"
  • "Bwa ha! Did I look worried? Shadoo, boo-hoo, whatever. What a total waste of time!"

I liked the part where Mario was blankly staring.

It was out-of-place disturbing imagery and I loved it.

Don't get me wrong that was a cool scene, probably my favorite scene in a NSMB game if that means anything. I just don't like Bowser being portrayed as a dialogue-less beast, he's always better when he talks. As long as his hammy smartass personality is there, which it is to a degree in every RPG in which he talks. SPM Bowser might not quite hold a candle to BIS Bowser, but at least he's still got that in-your-face ego that makes his lines so memorable.

Don't get me wrong that was a cool scene, probably my favorite scene in a NSMB game if that means anything. I just don't like Bowser being portrayed as a dialogue-less beast, he's always better when he talks. As long as his hammy smartass personality is there, which it is to a degree in every RPG in which he talks. SPM Bowser might not quite hold a candle to BIS Bowser, but at least he's still got that in-your-face ego that makes his lines so memorable.
Fully agreed apart from the first sentence.

Can we all just agree Bowser acted too stupidly in this game and was not as awesome as he usually is?

*takes deep breath*

BOWSERINTHISGAMEISTERRIBLEHE'SNOTONLYABSURDLYSTUPIDHEALSOWHINESLIKEABABYANDGETSEASILYDEFEATEDIN30SECONDANDONEOFHISPRIMARYATTACKSISFLAILINGHISARMSATYOULIKEANIMRODCAN'TEVENCLIMBFUCKINGLADDERSANDTHEYACTUALLYHAVEHIMATTEMPTTOSACRIFICEHIMSELFINBYFARTHEMOSTOUTOFCHARACTERMOMENTTHISFRANCHISEHASEVERHAD

*recomposes self*

So yeah I don't like it.

My favorite interpretation of Bowser is the one in Paper Mario, who manages to be both threatening and have some real funny dialogue. Though Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story also handled Bowser's personality and playable role really well imo.

I think Mario Party did Bowser best, though he's legit pretty threatening in Mario Party 4.

My favorite interpretation of Bowser is the one in Paper Mario, who manages to be both threatening and have some real funny dialogue.

That's also the only time in Paper Mario he's actually been worth a crap. TTYD I find myself wondering why he's there as he contributes nothing to the plot and SPM he's just all around terrible.

And SS and CS he is just his usual "not seen till the very end" self. Nothing all that notable.

chapter 5 is the worst whatyousaying.
The only bad part of Ch5 imo was the block puzzle in 5-1 which you can skip by looking up the code.

Personally my favourite presentation of Bowser is Bowser's Inside Story since he's epic and funny and you get to explore his body.

SPM comes second because he wasn't that epic but he was abolutely hilarious.

DT Bowser is pretty great too especially when he double-crosses Antasma and absorbs the power of the Dream Stone.

Couldn't have happened to a blander villain too.

I haven't played Dream Team yet but don't worry I knew that anyway.

Curse internet spoilers

Not surprising, after all the tutorials it was the most debated part of the game.

Back