Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Think of it like this. Do you expect Stegosaurus (Yoshi) to breed with Elephant (Birdo)?

I know, I’ve lost my mind.

Why would Birdo be an elephant? She's more reptilian than that.

what no they're both dinosaurs
thats like saying a boxer shouldnt fuck a pit bull
raaacisssssssssst

Humans and apes are both primates too right?

I mean it's a game series so I guess it doesn't matter with fictional characters and fanon, but the idea of shipping say, Mario with Donkey Kong is still bizarre to me.

Dogs are a different story because they're technically the same species, just different breeds. Even so a small female would likely end up dead if a large male impregnated it.

I don't ship Yoshi and Birdo but since most Mario characters are different species it's understandable that there would be ships between "technically" different species.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Humans and apes are both primates too right?

I mean it's a game series so I guess it doesn't matter with fictional characters and fanon, but the idea of shipping say, Mario with Donkey Kong is still bizarre to me.

Dogs are a different story because they're technically the same species, just different breeds. Even so a small female would likely end up dead if a large male impregnated it.

I don't ship Yoshi and Birdo but since most Mario characters are different species it's understandable that there would be ships between "technically" different species.
After all, there are people who ship Bowser and Peach...
But at the end of the day, the Mario series is a series with stuff like objects with eyes and floating coins/bricks. Love between two different species isn't that out there in comparison.

I think we’re getting just a bit off-topic...

New unpopular opinion:
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash was great. It really was. If only it had a tournament/story, Miis, minigames, and Friend Rooms, it would be the best Mario Tennis game ever.

YFJ said:

New unpopular opinion:
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash was great. It really was. If only it had a tournament/story, Miis, minigames, and Friend Rooms, it would be the best Mario Tennis game ever.
I can see how it could be good.
It was just missing... everything.
Also, it's probably the first tennis game since 64 until Aces to not reuse content.

YFJ said:

New unpopular opinion:

I think the basegameplay is one of the best in the series.

Though I think Mario Sports Superstars has the better core gameplay.

It's like the only thing holding those games up are a tough wireframe, but it's an ugly wireframe that has nothing else.

The Perfect Run should have been a Grand Star; then the game would have had seven Grand Stars like SMG1. That level is really hard anyway, and anyone who clears it should get a Super-Mega-Ultra-Grand Star!

Instead all you get is a thank you from Rosalina

And a power star I guess

I used to dislike the fact that the Inklings are in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. But when I got a Switch, their presence in the game started to grow onto me.

Now they're a part of my list of mains. I really enjoy playing as them, and hearing "WOOMY" as I race and battle. Also, they're cute.

Granted, months before the Inklings were announced for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I thought they'd be a ridiculous character choice because there are water sections in Mario Kart, and Inklings die when they touch water.

At least they fit in with Mario characters and aren't out of place. Hating on non-Mario characters being in Mario Kart is like hating Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures because "It's not the Pac-Man we all know and love!"

Also, I started losing interest in the Mario VS Donkey Kong series back in December.

Does anyone else think that the Chain Chomp is one of the weirdest playable characters in Mario Tennis Aces? Good luck trying to hold that tennis racquet with just your teeth.

M&L needs to reinvent itself.

MnSG said:
Does anyone else think that the Chain Chomp is one of the weirdest playable characters in Mario Tennis Aces? Good luck trying to hold that tennis racquet with just your teeth.
Its weirdness is part of the charm.

I want Wiggler back goddonkey.

Mcmadness said:
M&L needs to reinvent itself.
Given its recent entries being Paper Jam and two more cash grabs, I don't think it's unpopular for you to say that.

Interspecies relationships happen all the time in fictional series with different kinds of peoples. As long as they posses adult human intelligence and can consent, then I don't see anything morally wrong with it, other than "It's icky!"

Oh here's a good one! The Cape is the worst Flying power up in the 2D Mario games. Even the Flying Squirrel is better. The Cape is just loved so much because it looks cool and comes from a very famous game. But trying to fly with it sucks.

Koopaul said:
Interspecies relationships happen all the time in fictional series with different kinds of peoples. As long as they posses adult human intelligence and can consent, then I don't see anything morally wrong with it, other than "It's icky!"

Oh here's a good one! The Cape is the worst Flying power up in the 2D Mario games. Even the Flying Squirrel is better. The Cape is just loved so much because it looks cool and comes from a very famous game. But trying to fly with it sucks.
You completely forgot about the Bubble. That item stinks and can even kill you.

Additionally, not sure how unpopular this is, but Nintendo has got to stop making game names rhyme with "trash". We've all heard names like "Ultra Trash", "Color Trash", and (maybe) "Super Trash Bros."

Koopaul said:
I agree the flying controls are ungainly, but the cape has two very useful qualities, slowing your descent and a spin attack that's spammable and better than the Tanooki's tail attack from Super Mario Bros. 3. I doubt it's worse than the Frog.

Wiggler is one of my favourite Mario Kart characters, and I normally use her while playing MK7. Alongside Diddy Kong, she’s the character I want to see return in the next Mario Kart game the most.

Yes, these two certainly need to a return. Let her ride the goddamn Wiggler ATV. We had Yoshi on the Yoshi bike, after all!

Wiggler was definitely my favourite addition in Mario Kart 7, I like the way he turns red and angry when he gets hit with an item, and now that characters hold an item when they're not using it, he could hold it in one of his spare hands instead of taking one off the wheel! I'd also like to see Diddy Kong return, and Birdo to come back as well. They're definitely better then certain roster filling characters, no names will be mentioned *ahem*PinkGoldPeachBabyDaisyBabyRosalina*ahem*.

Wiggler shouldn't have been omitted in Mario Kart 8

Back