Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Super Radio said:
The Remix 10 music from Super Mario Run is obnoxious, especially the vocal part. Thankfully, there's an option to turn it off.

Not sure if this opinion is unpopular, but judging from this YouTube comments section, it seems to be the case.
Yeah but in Super Mario Run you could actually listen to your own music, so that solves the problem for me lol

I get a bit of a Sonic R vibe from Remix 10 (mostly from the vocals). :P

Super Radio said:
I'm fine with there not being a Mario & Sonic game for the PyeongChang olympics. One less stubby article on the wiki!

Mario & Sonic at the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games
That better not become a new game.

PowerKamek said:
Super Radio said:
I'm fine with there not being a Mario & Sonic game for the PyeongChang olympics. One less stubby article on the wiki!

That better not become a new game.

At this point, it's very likely that it will never come to pass.

Super Radio said:

Well, it's still the same syllable count as Sochi 2014, with 19 syllables (if we say 2018 as "twenty-eighteen").

But one game will rule them all...

Mario & Sonic at the Los Angeles 2028 Olympic Games, with 20 syllables

infinite8 said:
Super Radio said:

Well, it's still the same syllable count as Sochi 2014, with 19 syllables (if we say 2018 as "twenty-eighteen").

But one game will rule them all...

Mario & Sonic at the Los Angeles 2028 Olympic Games, with 20 syllables
I'm sad that it's now less likely that there will not a Mario and Sonic game set in Los Angeles.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I quite like New Donk City's second night theme.

You know for some reason the first night theme sounds like it would fit among TTYD music.

Ksiorze said:
Birdo is one of the best characters and should be more present in the games :birdo:
I think Birdo should appear more. She definitely needs to return to Mario Kart at least. :birdo:

I don't ship often, but I do ship Yoshi (my obvious favorite character) and Birdo, so I definitely would love Birdo to appear more, especially alongside our green buddy. :yoshi:

I don't really like Birdo that much. She's very ugly and not as "cute" as others think she is. I also think SMB2's other characters deserve more reappereances than her (yes, even Clawgrip, the poor sidestepper no one talks about anymore).

I thought it was fine for her to be in SMB2 because the game was supposed to have super weird dream-like enemies, and a pink dino shooting eggs through his mouth was fitting for that. Now she just tries to be cute and I don't see her being in subcon or being that evil anymore.

Maybe they made her appear more because they needed a grilfriend/Female counterpart for Yoshi idk.

Another opinion I think is unpopular: I think Geno is overrated. Yes, he's neat and his weapons are cool, but I'm not really in love with a guy who appeared in a short as heck game full of characters that appeared in like 10 seconds. I felt like Mallow was more developed because he had to do more things than him and has a better backstory behind him. He's the real underrated guy from that game (even if I'm not a big fan of him either). Geno didn't really have much of a backstory or anything because all what he did was talk about the stars and Smithy, and nothing else.

This is all just my opinion though.

to me, geno is as interesting as a plank of wood

which he is, fittingly enough

I find it amusing that Birdo has at this point been more friend than enemy at this point. I think besides Super Mario Bros. 2, the two other games that did that are Super Mario RPG and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Paper Mario's Birdo has always been considered an ally). I do like that Birdo has a friendly role in a Super Mario Bros. Super Show episode. I think that at this point, it's too late for Birdo to be an enemy again unless it's a Super Mario Bros. 2 remake due to knowing what Birdo is (a transgender) so there might be some unfortunate implications.

I do wish that Birdo could be in a Yoshi game even though the Yoshi island has been established as a paradise for Yoshis, because I feel that Birdo could provide similar abilities to Yoshi, except instead of using the tongue, Birdo inhales enemies/objects into its large mouth.

Thank you for reading.

Mr. Saltman said:
I don't really like Birdo that much. She's very ugly and not as "cute" as others think she is. I also think SMB2's other characters deserve more reappereances than her (yes, even Clawgrip, the poor sidestepper no one talks about anymore).

I thought it was fine for her to be in SMB2 because the game was supposed to have super weird dream-like enemies, and a pink dino shooting eggs through his mouth was fitting for that. Now she just tries to be cute and I don't see her being in subcon or being that evil anymore.

Maybe they made her appear more because they needed a grilfriend/Female counterpart for Yoshi idk.

Another opinion I think is unpopular: I think Geno is overrated. Yes, he's neat and his weapons are cool, but I'm not really in love with a guy who appeared in a short as heck game full of characters that appeared in like 10 seconds. I felt like Mallow was more developed because he had to do more things than him and has a better backstory behind him. He's the real underrated guy from that game (even if I'm not a big fan of him either). Geno didn't really have much of a backstory or anything because all what he did was talk about the stars and Smithy, and nothing else.

This is all just my opinion though.

I disagree. Well I love, really, every single character from SMB2 I think Birdo deserves to be in the spotlight more bbecause she has more personnality than the rest of the 8bits. Wart should come back too but that's not an unpopular opinion. Oh and I don't want her to come back as a villain. A support character in the vain of Toads or Yoshis would be far better.

As for Mallow being underrated, I partially agree. But I think Geno is also very underrated for those reasons, but he's still cool.

Also what a coincidence both Geno and Birdo appear in SMRPG and MLSS:

Genomlss.PNG

Birdorpg.jpg

Ksiorze said:
I think Birdo deserves to be in the spotlight more bbecause she has more personnality than the rest of the 8bits.
What personality? Are you talking about the whole "he thinks he's a guy" thing from the manual? I'm not really sure that counts as personality.

Magikrazy said:
Ksiorze said:
I think Birdo deserves to be in the spotlight more bbecause she has more personnality than the rest of the 8bits.
What personality? Are you talking about the whole "he thinks he's a guy" thing from the manual? I'm not really sure that counts as personality.

No, that's not personnality. I'm talking about the personnality she got in BS Super Mario Bros. USA, Super Mario Advance (Kinda), SMRPG, Superstar Saga and Captain Rainbow. Here we have a character quite unique from the rest of the mario cast, she's really big into appearance and become easily attached to anyone. I don't think there's any other characters like it in the franchise that's why I wanna see her more.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I don't ship often, but I do ship Yoshi (my obvious favorite character) and Birdo, so I definitely would love Birdo to appear more, especially alongside our green buddy. :yoshi:

Oh please, I despise that ship. I don’t think one species should breed with a different one...

YFJ said:
J-Yoshi64 said:

Oh please, I despise that ship. I don’t think one species should breed with a different one...
what about mules tho?

YFJ said:
J-Yoshi64 said:
racist

Back