Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Actially, come to think of it, Super Mario Land was exactly that. Mario, coins, and the Super Mushroom were the only returning things.

Meh, I always preferred Six Golden Coins anyway, but at least Land 1 gave us Princess Daisy.

She was immediately forgotten until Camelot resurrected her from the dead. In fact, I think a lot of original things just end up being forgotten. Of course, there are some games where a lot of original characters do return such as King Bob-omb, Unagi, and Skeeter, but most things, you just don't see them again.

Probably because a lot of stuff from the Wario series looks really weird compared to the regular Mario stuff.

I can't imagine anything like Spoiled Rotten, flying pig guy, ugly flying cat thing, butt-stabbling red things, Merfles, and Golden Diva ever being in a Mario game (okay, maybe Merfles would fit in a Mario & Luigi game), but IDK, why not? The weirder, the better. Even if Mario's more on the cutesy side rather than weird. I also like to see Queen Merelda in a Mario game since I do like her design.

I like Queen Merelda is actually a queen rather than a princess.

*sharpens knife* you better not be okay with Baby Rosalina.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Mario Party 7's intro cutscene is my favorite of all Mario Parties.
can't really say if it's unpopular or not, but my favorite's got to be Mario Party 4's.

Mario Kart 64 is my least favorite Mario Kart so no surprises here

I still love MK64 (I'd play it again over Super Mario Kart, Super Circuit, and even Mario Kart Wii. MKDS is a better game though I hate that game's music quality while I love MK64's soundtrack. Though I'd have a decent struggle deciding between MK64, Double Dash, and Mario Kart 7) but I'd definitely hesitate to say someone new to Mario Kart should try it out. MK8 is much more preferable for many reasons.

MK64 has bad physics and not incredibly good graphics, but I still like it. It has some good courses and it's fun to just drive around and explore them in Time Trials. You can do some weird tricks like jumping across a huge gap as a shortcut at Rainbow Road, or using a Monty Mole to launch yourself over the wall at Moo Moo Farm. Its battle mode is still really fun to play with three or four people.

The Mario Kart 8 versions of Grumble Volcano and N64 Rainbow Road are my alltime favorite racetracks.

My favorite voice clips of Peach from both Jen Taylor and Samantha Kelly are from Mario Party 7 and Mario Kart 8, respectively.

The best part about 3DS Music Park are the two Piranha Plants headbanging to the music.

Pink Gold Peach and Cat Peach have the best looking City Tripper.

Mario Party 3 has the best AI, because of how utterly stupid they can be when moving around the board, even when set to Super Hard. For example, a CPU Daisy bought a Cellular Shopper one turn, and used it the next turn to buy another one. And on the turn after that, she called Baby Bowser and didn't want to buy anything.

I don't think Rosalina is overrated.

That's how I feel about Super Circuit but that's probably not as unpopular.

I don't think Dream Team's tutorials were a problem at all. My biggest issue with the game was some of the Giant Battle mechanics, even aside from the broken gyro controls, avoiding enemy attacks seemed to be harder than it was in BIS anyway, and more precise. And some attacks it took me too long to figure out the right strategy for (Bowser's stomp attack in the last phase for example, I didn't realize the arrows meant to swipe on the side the foot was lower, and I just kinda swiped in the middle and always got crushed)

I hope the next M&L gets rid of large-scale battles in general and just focuses entirely on the regular battle system.

Air Conditioner said:
I hope the next M&L gets rid of large-scale battles in general and just focuses entirely on the regular battle system.

After 3 games in a row, I think it's here for the long run.

Air Conditioner said:
I don't mind either way since they're still fun, but I kinda want another like Superstar Saga with just the Bros. and no gimmicks.

Yeah I'd be ok with that.

Back