Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Magikrazy said:
But then you got Moo Moo Meadows all the way up at number ten?

Also, I just noticed you got Music Park and Tick Tock Clock up there twice.
Edit: and Shy Guy Falls

I've updated the list, and it should include everything now.

What's wrong with me liking Moo Moo Meadows? The music, track design and lighting are all great imo. I also find it enjoyable to play on, despite being among the easier courses.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Magikrazy said:
dang, don't you think you're being at least a bit harsh on GBA Ribbon Road? They took a course from Super Circuit, a game whose tracks don't normally translate well in a 3D environment, and they made this beautiful course that almost feels brand new. What's your beef with it?

I just find it underwhelming and boring compared to the rest of the courses. Toad's Turnpike is more boring though.
Well.

Lilligant said:
Pink_Gold_Peach said:
I just find it underwhelming and boring compared to the rest of the courses. Toad's Turnpike is more boring though.
Well.

For starters, underwhelming and boring doesn't necessarily mean the same thing. For example, Fiery Dino Piranha is the last boss fought prior to the final battle with Bowser in SMG1, and while the fight itself may not be that much different to the one with Dino Piranha, I still like fighting Fiery Dino Piranha.

For what it's worth, I do agree with you on N64 Toad's Turnpike. I get what they were trying to do to revamp it in Mario Kart 8's style with the anti-gravity tracks and whatnot, but really there was nothing they could do with it. They would have been better off going with N64 Wario Stadium.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Lilligant said:
Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Well.

For starters, underwhelming and boring doesn't necessarily mean the same thing. For example, Fiery Dino Piranha is the last boss fought prior to the final battle with Bowser in SMG1, and while the fight itself may not be that much different to the one with Dino Piranha, I still like fighting Fiery Dino Piranha.
I'm just really surprised. I think it's the visually best track in the entire game, and that's impressive when it came from Super Circuit

I think Petey's and King Boo's karts are the two best karts in Double Dash.

I like that there are vehicle parts in Mario Kart that are based on other types of vehicles, like the Steel Driver and Jet Bike.

I like every single cat pun Cat Peach makes in Mario Kart 8.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
I prefer 3D World over Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.
:eek:

MrRoidley said:
-I think 3D Land was pretty much terrible
Why? It was pure action-filled 3D Mario platforming-- kind of like SMB., but in 3D.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
23. GBA Cheese Land
[...]
25. GCN Yoshi Circuit
[...]
47. GBA Ribbon Road
[....]
But those are my favorites from MK8... :bobomb:

Don't ask me why I put a Bobomb there; I just felt like it.

Smiley Man said:
Pink_Gold_Peach said:
23. GBA Cheese Land
[...]
25. GCN Yoshi Circuit
[...]
47. GBA Ribbon Road
[....]
But those are my favorites from MK8...

Still, 23 and 25 out of 48 isn't terrible. I do like them, and they are more than just "okay".

I like Donkey Kong Barrel Blast a little bit more than Mario Kart Wii. MKW is still really good though.

Stickerbush Symphony isn't my favorite music track in DKC2. That's Disco Train.

Smiley Man said:
Why? It was pure action-filled 3D Mario platforming-- kind of like SMB., but in 3D.

Extremely narrow levels, lacked creativity... imo it felt they got NSMB levels and lazily converted them to 3D

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Stickerbush Symphony isn't my favorite music track in DKC2. That's Disco Train.

Same here!! Stickerbrush is really good but Disco Train is absolute perfection

DS, Wii and 7 are all better than Mario Kart 8.

Tbh I don't know the general consensus on MK8 but I've heard a lot of people say "the best Mario Kart ever" a lot.

Here is how I would rank the Double Dash racetracks, from favorite to least favorite:

1. Baby Park
2. Bowser's Castle
3. Wario Colosseum
4. DK Mountain
5. Rainbow Road
6. Waluigi Stadium
7. Dino Dino Jungle
8. Yoshi Circuit
9. Daisy Cruiser
10. Luigi Circuit
11. Peach Beach
12. Mario Circuit
13. Dry Dry Desert
14. Mushroom City
15. Sherbet Land
16. Mushroom Bridge

Smiley Man said:
Pink_Gold_Peach said:
I prefer 3D World over Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.
:eek:

I can further elaborate that I prefer 3D World over SM64.

So can I. I also prefer 3D World over both Galaxies

This franchise is terrible and anybody who likes it is also terrible.

Reading the thread I've read many people that are opposed to a "Super Smash Kart" kind of game, idk how unpopular it actually is among Mario fans (I know it's somewhat popular among Nintendo fans overall), just gonna say I agree that it's a terrible idea. Smash already exists as Nintendo's multiplayer crossover, yet another crossover that isn't story oriented and transmutating a 20+ year old Mario series into a Nintendo one is just not good

Which is why they need to make Super Smash Ride instead based off Air Ride

Or Air Ride 2, either or.

Mcmadness said:
This franchise is terrible and anybody who likes it is also terrible.
This is not unpopular, I thought this was common knowledge. I only play these games to make fun of them. The closest thing to a good Mario game is that movie, and it isn't even a game.

Sorry about misleading you, I still actually like Baby Luigi and liking Baby Luigi is indeed an unpopular opinion.

Ninelevendo said:
DS, Wii and 7 are all better than Mario Kart 8.

Tbh I don't know the general consensus on MK8 but I've heard a lot of people say "the best Mario Kart ever" a lot.

The funny thing is, Mario Kart 8 was pretty much the game where I could stick with a certain combination for most of my online racing career. No combination in that game can drift on off-road terrain anyway.

MnSG said:
The funny thing is, Mario Kart 8 was pretty much the game where I could stick with a certain combination for most of my online racing career. No combination in that game can drift on off-road terrain anyway.

I stuck with these during my online time in MKW:

Honeycoupe-DonkeyKong.png

WarioBike-DonkeyKong.png

WildWing-Peach.png

ZipZip-Peach.png

I can't really remember my Mario Kart Wii online career, but I was more diverse with my combinations in Mario Kart 7.

Originally, I had more than one common combo in Mario Kart 8, but most of them died out before my race rating reached 9999. It had pretty much been the following from here on out, or at least outside of most tournament races...

MK8_Rosalina_Icon.png
+
Biddybuggy-blue.png
+
AzureRollerTiresMK8.png
+
ParachuteGliderMK8.png

On a side note, I don't really like to race against other Rosalina players, "unless" I'm using Rosalina as well. I guess it's because I like to show Rosalina's cute side, but most other Rosalina players pair her with faster vehicle parts. And on an additional note, I just prefer seeing Rosalina wear her signature dress instead of a skin tight biker outfit.

Of course, I am feeling rather uneasy about how Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will alter the stats for all the characters and vehicle parts.

I don't think any of the Mario RPGs have bad gameplay.

That said, I prefer Sticker Star's battle system over Color Splash. For a few reasons: one being Sticker Star at least gave you a small chance to win with skill if you didn't bring the ideal Thing into the boss fight. The other being Sticker Star didn't have random encounters made impossible by RNG.

You can't even win against Color Splash's Koopalings even if you hack the game to be invincible. Until you use the Thing, there's a point where the boss takes no damage no matter what and will just keep using their OP finishing move if it doesn't kill you. And Replicas would be a brilliant idea to ease the frustration until you realize they are pointless because the Koopalings are immune to them. Why did they even bother.

Sticker Star is a worse game overall, but Color Splash fixed some problems while making others worse.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Does that also mean you dislike seeing Rosalina in her tennis outfit and leotard?

Not really, but I do feel like Rosalina's tennis outfit shouldn't be too identical to Peach's tennis outfit; it could've been long-sleeved, much like with her Olympic outfit.

Back