Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
I'm done.
66c2355d05b44f308d8a854a7d33bc0f.jpg

Color Splash doesn't look that bad.

I agree! There are curious color choices too, as the colors are not always vivid, like in the case of Ruddy Road where a darker red is being used.

Anyway, I don't think the visual aspect was the problem of Sticker Star either. Of course, it used New Super Mario Bros. as source for the paper version of characters, which might have been a controversial choice, but its style was coherent and nice without being exaggerated, as in "stylish for the sake of being stylish".

Mister Wu said:
I agree! There are curious color choices too, as the colors are not always vivid, like in the case of Ruddy Road where a darker red is being used.

Anyway, I don't think the visual aspect was the problem of Sticker Star either. Of course, it used New Super Mario Bros. as source for the paper version of characters, which might have been a controversial choice, but its style was coherent and nice without being exaggerated, as in "stylish for the sake of being stylish".

honestly looking at videos and screens i always thought sticker star was kind of a bland looking game, sure it had the style down but when it came to areas it was pretty dull looking, not much going on, not really all that much to get involved with, it was just kinda lifeless really, even compared to 2d platformers i think they had more going for it, but they werent rpgs either, so even if they were blander then say sticker star, they have that excuse, rpgs are much longer and generally much slower then platformers, its always nice for rpgs to have interesting things to look at and interact with, which sticker star didnt really have from what i had seen.

Zuko said:
PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
I'm done.
66c2355d05b44f308d8a854a7d33bc0f.jpg

Color Splash doesn't look that bad.
Huh. One of my posts... actually got liked! I wonder why.

Also, Super Paper Mario had a good story. It may not be unpopular for the general fanbase, but it certainly is for this forum.

I concur on Colour Splash being great, but at this point I am just echoing what others said. It's still a generally unpopular opinion anyway.

When I admitted my interest in this game on Bulbagarden, it's good to see that my post is liked by a couple of people, which implies that I am not alone in my opinion. It certainly is disliked by a greater amount of people, though.

Thanks for reading.

I never understand why people would "dislike" a post that's merely opining. Why do people get so defensive over a freaking minority opinion?

people get defensive over opinions in the internet all the time, you act like this is something unusual

Striker Mario said:
I never understand why people would "dislike" a post that's merely opining. Why do people get so defensive over a freaking minority opinion?

because the world today is all about overanalyzing the shit out of everything.

I think some people make too big of a deal out of the character rosters for Mario games.

i think some do as well, but some of the complaints are legit ones

That heavily depends.

Im sorry , but the day Nintendo decided that it was a good idea to create a Pink Gold Peach and a Baby Rosalina , they instantly told me that it was also a good idea to complain about it.

Its just that simple

Bull*bleep* is Bull*bleep* , no sugar coatting or etc.

Tanooki Mario is Bull*bleep* , Cat Peach is also bull*bleep*.

If this was Mario Super Sluggers , it can have a pass , but its really not the case.

Other than that , the core roster in games clearly have characters that out of which at least any player would pick 1.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Im sorry , but the day Nintendo decided that it was a good idea to create a Pink Gold Peach and a Baby Rosalina , they instantly told me that it was also a good idea to complain about it.

Its just that simple

Tanooki Mario is Bull*bleep* , Cat Peach is also bull
you know how shy guys/yoshis/miis have different colors? i feel like they coulda done that with tanooki mario and cat peach

they definitely shoulda made roster space for bowser jr. and diddy kong, it felt weird without them

Kokoro said:
I prefer the Mario Baseball games over the Mario Strikers games.

same here

SpinyMaster347 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Its just that simple

you know how shy guys/yoshis/miis have different colors? i feel like they coulda done that with tanooki mario and cat peach

they definitely shoulda made roster space for bowser jr. and diddy kong, it felt weird without them

a better comparison is the two villagers.

those guys even have model differences from each other and yet no one complains about them.

SpinyMaster347 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Its just that simple

To be honest, I don't think it was a point of available slots in the menu - as Baby Luigi noted, two characters with different stats and different models (the two Villagers) are grouped in one slot. Since Bowser, Dry Bowser and the Koopalings share similar emblem design, they could have used one slot for all of them - and even for Bowser Jr. . I think they just didn't have time to create models and animations for all noteworthy missing characters - Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones and King Boo, that the director himself mentioned, and Birdo, that the game refers to in Royal Raceway and apparently also in Sunshine Airport.

Mister Wu said:
SpinyMaster347 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Its just that simple

To be honest, I don't think it was a point of available slots in the menu - as Baby Luigi noted, two characters with different stats and different models (the two Villagers) are grouped in one slot. Since Bowser, Dry Bowser and the Koopalings share similar emblem design, they could have used one slot for all of them - and even for Bowser Jr. . I think they just didn't have time to create models and animations for all noteworthy missing characters - Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones and King Boo, that the director himself mentioned, and Birdo, that the game refers to in Royal Raceway and apparently also in Sunshine Airport.

This is obviously not true.

For starters King Boo is a just a big Boo with a Crown , and theres plenty of Boo models in Twisted Mansion.

Dry Bones appears as a obstacle in Bone Dry Dunes

And then it comes to the other , Nintendo skipped them on purpose.

Notice how Birdo is referenced YET she is absent. What we got in DLC was lame besides the animal crossing pack and Link

And even after DLC , they still referenced Bowser Jr in Baby Park.

Other than that , Diddy Kong is the only one that was never found in anything.

So yeah , they did this on purpose. The only characters that look like a rush are coincidentially the last two , Baby Rosalina And Pink Gold Peach.

King Boo is extremely easy to rig and port, being a ball with arms and a tail thing. They could have nixed the effort went into Baby Rosalina for King Boo instead and we would have a better pay-off.

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand how the developers could do such a silly choice that even they knew it was controversial - they pretty much mentioned in one way or the other all the important missing characters that appeared in at least two previous Mario Kart games.

Then again , Baby Rosalinas voice is a key factor.

The fact that they especifically had Laura Faye Smith to voice a considerably different character from Rosalina kinda means that at least Baby Rosalina was indeed planned and not rushed.

You cannot certainly rush the recording process of the voices. Once they do them , is done , and they just couldnt call her on the last minute to record by surprise. That would make 0 sense.

In the case of Pink Gold Peach , this doesnt apply as Sam Kelly could have recorded way more lines as Peach , just to be recycled for Pink Gold Peach later.

I remember seeing some artwork for the game (I think it was a foreign magazine article) and it had Diddy Kong on it, so they probably were intending on him being included but something must have prevented it

EDIT: here it is(its huge) http://m.imgur.com/GmtIv2N?r

SpinyMaster347 said:
I remember seeing some artwork for the game (I think it was a foreign magazine article) and it had Diddy Kong on it, so they probably were intending on him being included but something must have prevented it

Noticed it, but they used a general artwork uploaded on the Wiki in 2011, so it wasn't artwork made for the game. Still, someone told the Official Nintendo Magazine that Diddy Kong was meant to be included, unless they just guessed it (which I think is unlikely for an official Nintendo magazine).

Kokoro said:

I actually like sluggers a lot too. My brother's obsessed with baseball so it's a nice middle ground when we want to play some sort of mario game together.

SpinyMaster347 said:

That was only in Spain , and it was a clear mistake.

Magazines can always make this kind of mistakes . This not an official source either , an official source pre-release would be their website or a cover box art.

Glitchy said:
Kokoro said:

I actually like sluggers a lot too. My brother's obsessed with baseball so it's a nice middle ground when we want to play some sort of mario game together.

That's funny. I have a brother who is a pretty big baseball fan too. So we sometimes play some Mario Super Sluggers together as well.

Back