Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Baby Luigi said:
Kokoro said:
I prefer the New Super Mario Bros. series over the old 2D Mario games. Don't get me wrong, the original Mario games were revolutionary, but when it comes to the core gameplay, I thought the NSMB series took what made those games great, and made it even better.

thank god i'm not the only one who thinks that

the only thing it can't top is super mario bros. 2 usa

Which is probably an unpopular opinion in of itself, because of the original Mario games, SMB2 USA probably gets the least praise.

it does but i had far more fun with it than smb3 and smw combined

I think Charles Martinet is the best DK.

Not to hate on Kirkhope or Nagasako (sp?), but Martinet's DK sounds the most apelike to me.

Which game did he do DK? I thought DK was mostly voiced by some japanese guy.

Are you sure that's Martinet and not stock gorilla noises? Because I heard DK's sound effects there being used in Spongebob and Shakira's Animal City (of all places)

Well now I'm not sure.

Martinet's website said he voiced DK, but Behind the Voice Actors doesn't list a voice actor for those roles.

I know for sure he voiced DK in those floating head simulator things

I would imagine that if Charles Martinet were to voice DK full time, he would like to give him full speech, much like his other roles. In this case, I imagine that DK would be a womaniser like that one time he did DK in Real Time.

Thanks for reading.

Consensus on Paper Jam seems to be that it's just decent, but I personally think it's great.

Zuko said:
Consensus on Paper Jam seems to be that it's just decent, but I personally think it's great.

I think it's tied for second best with superstar saga in the series and was a step up from dream team.

Mcmadness said:
Zuko said:

I think it's tied for second best with superstar saga in the series and was a step up from dream team.
You mean it's second best in the Paper Mario series or the Mario & Luigi series?

Out of the Mario RPGs I've played, here's how I'd rank them:

1. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
2. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
3. Super Paper Mario
4. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
5. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
6. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

I loved my Top 4, but I thought Sticker Star was just good and Partners in Time was really mediocre and not that fun to play.

Mario & Luigi series.

I rank em

1.BiS
2.SSS & PJ
3.DT
4.PiT.

For Paper Mario it's

1.Paper Mario
2.TTYD
3.Sticker Star
4.Super Paper Mario

Partners in Time is the most underrated Mario & Luigi game

well my opinion means jack anyway, baby luigi nerd

Time Turner said:
Zae Eildus said:
ttyd is one of the most overrated rpgs of all time
Out of curiosity, which Mario RPG's do you like?

paper mario, ttyd(to extents), superstar saga, bis, and paper jam.

I havent played them all mind you.

Baby Luigi said:

Thats alright, we all got that character we are ridiculously attached to.

Baby Luigi said:

honestly i think the writing is good, the battle system is good, some music could be better, but not too bad.

The problem with the game is the areas, they're boring as SHIT, they lack interest, variety, and overall structure. It makes the game dull, the areas feel really stale, and thats what turned me off the most. I hated every new area, because it just felt so lackluster. Thats one thing you gotta consider in pretty much every game ever, is variety in design, and just didnt do it for me in partners in time. I actually had this issue with bis in some areas, more in particular, the mario & luigi sections, as they didnt feel much different then the last, of course the bowser sections greatly made up for them, but thats just what i think anyway.

blah I personally had no qualms with the environment in partners in time.

you were probably too high on the fact that baby luigi isnt princess peach for once

Sometimes I wish Mario rpgs never existed.

Back