Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

And even by excuse plot standards it's dumb.

WRONG PARENTS, HERE WE GO AGAIN

Baby Luigi said:
My unpopular opinion is that we also seek and destroy every copy of Yoshi's New Island so society would get a huge benefit from burning them.

(if that "story" is correct, that means that Baby Luigi literally gets kidnapped as soon as he gets rescued...honestly I think they just tied in those two plots in the most incohesive manner because they lack talent and wanted to ---- over anyone who has beaten the original Yoshi's Island and Baby Luigi fans aka me)
but wouldnt burning yni copies harm society because of the amounts of co2 let out

Not as much as Warping through space and time would.

Mcmadness said:

[complaining about mario continuity]Not only that, it completely renders one of my favorite games of all time entirely pointless. I remember beating the original Yoshi's Island way back when and felt completely satisfied seeing the ending. Beating the kickass final boss and the whole "Heroes are born!" at the end just made me feel good and left a lasting impression on me for many years.

then new island comes along and is all "lol nope our silly stork dropped the babies off at the wrong house ha ha oops"

It's like it just shat all over my warm and fuzzy childhood memories. If the game actually new, interesting, and not a bland rehash it wouldn't have bothered me nearly as bad.[/complaining about mario continuity]

As I said, this plot twist exists is because the writers are as incompetent as hell and don't know how to make an interesting plot twist without shatting all over people's childhoods

and also shatting over baby luigi fans aka me but I digress

you know, yoshi story and woolly world had the right idea, just don't have the babies around to be kidnapped.

YNI already had a perfectly acceptable scenario with that egg island being taken over by Baby Bowser, they really didn't need to retcon the end of YI like that.

In fact as far as I'm concerned thats all that happened in that game, no wrong delivery, no warping through space and time king bowser, just a simple island invasion.

Mcmadness said:
you know, yoshi story and woolly world had the right idea, just don't have the babies around to be kidnapped.

or better yet, make them playable characters that platform alongside yoshi

Like in YIDS!

Except for a certain somebody.

sitting on yoshi's back isn't exactly being "playable"

I mean like player 2 or something

wouldn't really work though considering yoshi plays much differently.

they could get creative and find ways around it

i mean, they got freaking gooey playable in a kirby game

I've always wanted a game where Kamek and his Toadies kidnap the Yoshis and leaves the babies in an attempt to kill them. But the babies gather their courage and set out to find and rescue them.

Baby Luigi said:

gooey is just kirby with no arms.

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

gooey is just kirby with no arms.

that still doesn't mean they can't get creative

Threek said:
Mcmadness said:

[complaining about mario continuity]Not only that, it completely renders one of my favorite games of all time entirely pointless. I remember beating the original Yoshi's Island way back when and felt completely satisfied seeing the ending. Beating the kickass final boss and the whole "Heroes are born!" at the end just made me feel good and left a lasting impression on me for many years.

then new island comes along and is all "lol nope our silly stork dropped the babies off at the wrong house ha ha oops"

It's like it just shat all over my warm and fuzzy childhood memories. If the game actually new, interesting, and not a bland rehash it wouldn't have bothered me nearly as bad.[/complaining about mario continuity]
I agree. The retcon is stupid and didn't need to happen. I think it doesn't really do Mario and Luigi fans a favor either because it kind of ruins their relationship with their parents somewhat. I just conveniently ignore Yoshi's New Island, but I still wish the retconned hasn't happened.

The best thing of Yoshi's New Island is definitely Mr. Pipe, though, as little sense he makes.

Mcmadness said:
Like in YIDS!

Except for a certain somebody.
I'll tell you, a Baby Bowser vs Bowser final fight would have been pretty interesting, if you really want to introduce time paradoxes at least you could go full throttle...

Baby Bowser was the best thing about YIDS.

Pity it was only for like, 5 levels. :/

I was disappointed that Baby Wario and Baby Bowser didn't last through the game. They could've just made them stick with you and just designed more levels where you need them, but no, it has to be Baby Mario, Baby Peach, and that pile of filth Baby Donkey Kong. I'll have to give it to them: at least they have the nerve to include Wario and Donkey Kong with Mario and Peach for the last time in a Mario platformer that doesn't involve toys.

After you've beaten YIDS, they should've given you the option to use any baby in any stage as you see fit.

One thing that struck me as arbitary in YIDS is that you can't take baby bowser and baby wario in previous levels, but you can do that with baby dk, and there's even a secret area in world 1 that can only be accessed by him. I guess they didn't want them to break the item collection sidequest (for baby wario) and boss battles (for baby bowser) but, meh.

Well Baby Bowser already broke the levels he appeared in so I don't see what the big deal was.

Baby Bowser can be a post-game reward I guess. Why not break the levels after you complete the game?

He should have just been a permanent addition! It was so cool to have him on yoshi's back!

I prefer the New Super Mario Bros. series over the old 2D Mario games. Don't get me wrong, the original Mario games were revolutionary, but when it comes to the core gameplay, I thought the NSMB series took what made those games great, and made it even better.

Kokoro said:
I prefer the New Super Mario Bros. series over the old 2D Mario games. Don't get me wrong, the original Mario games were revolutionary, but when it comes to the core gameplay, I thought the NSMB series took what made those games great, and made it even better.

thank god i'm not the only one who thinks that

the only thing it can't top is super mario bros. 2 usa

Back