Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Marty Mcfly said:
Some regular enemies take 2 turns why would you want a boss battle with that length?
I've beaten Dreamy Bowser in 2 turns by doing a Time Stop + Pow Up + Defense Down + Lucky Chance and acculumating at least 5000 damage in that period he was immobile, plus both my Bros were level 45, with Mario having a POW Scarf DX AND POW Gloves DX and Luigi having Lucky Gloves DX and a POW Scarf DX. And I had the Big Lucky bonus on both of them too LOL.

It was pretty funny breaking the game like that but yeah doing it "legitly" (i.e. without using those badge effects) is a lot more challenging and fun. And it did take more than 5 turns, but it didn't feel tedious. :p

I was never huge on using yoshi in SMW, the reduced mobility wasn't as fun for me.

Mcmadness said:
I was never huge on using yoshi in SMW, the reduced mobility wasn't as fun for me.

I'd agree actually in the first chunk of the game

although i do appreciate the music effect that happens when you ride him

This discussion is old but:

Mcmadness said:
I'd say 7-8 turns is good enough for a boss.
Personally I feel this should be the baseline for a mini boss, 12+ turns is more appropriate for a boss.

And normal battles which don't at least initially last around three turns are kind of disappointing.

Muffet said:
This discussion is old but:

Mcmadness said:
I'd say 7-8 turns is good enough for a boss.
Personally I feel this should be the baseline for a mini boss, 12+ turns is more appropriate for a boss.

And normal battles which don't at least initially last around three turns are kind of disappointing.
I would say that this was a nice boss battle:
Unfortunately, some Battle Cards and trio moves are so overpowered in this game that more often than not something like this happens instead:
I am playing Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and I noticed in the first boss battle that if you use only basic attacks and you are at an appropriate level the battle turns out to be quite funnier than battles that last just a few turns without even seeing all the attacks of the boss. But who knows, maybe later bosses are overpowered and requires you to finish them immediately...

speaking of partners in time and bosses, people complain about those being damage sponges

i honestly don't see that

In Wario Land 4, there are four possible outcomes of Princess Shokora. The original version of Princess Shokora is a beautiful queen, but I think that they should have gone with the version that looks like a female Wario. It would have made the ending even better for me. Behold:

120px-WL4-Wario%27s_Kiss_Screenshot3.png

Thanks for reading.

I think female Wario is the best one and most suitable. I don't know why he'd be uncomfortable, he should be in love.

Time Turner said:
Dr. Mario said:
I think female Wario is the best one and most suitable. I don't know why he'd be uncomfortable, he should be in love.
Would you love someone with that nose?
They say that familiarity breeds fondness.

P.S. I don't have that nose. But Wario does so it's a perfect match.

all of my opinions are unpopular opinions.

Thinking he should get his own RPG with all the related species starring in their own levels with Mario and Bowser teaming up as the antagonists is probably an unpopular idea.

Why would Mario and Bowser ever team up to be antagonists though? Because... uh, look, a Paratroopa!

Mario's the antagonist in Donkey Kong 2, but he was also caging a wild animal who had just kidnapped someone. Being an antagonist doesn't necessarily make you a villain.

Dr. Mario said:
Why would Mario and Bowser ever team up to be antagonists though? Because... uh, look, a Paratroopa!
Yeah fanfictions/fan games don't really make much sense most of the time. I even drew a ton of "concept art", if I ever managed to extend my coding skills past Scratch. I only liked one of the ones I drew because I did it in colour, but for some reason I still hope Nintendo make this.

This is probably why I get (very) annoyed at Nintendo Directs for not making the games I want them to make.

Time Turner said:
Mario's the antagonist in Donkey Kong 2, but he was also caging a wild animal who had just kidnapped someone. Being an antagonist doesn't necessarily make you a villain.
Well, uh

Meele trophy said:
Mario has played many roles, including racer, doctor, golfer, and villain.

Pretty sure Mario's the bad guy in DK Jr. And Mario Kills Tanooki.

But I'm just questioning the motives anyway because there HAS to be a really good reason Mario needs to act all chummy with Bowser and the other way around, because people normally don't want to randomly get out and punch Mario in the face (at least that's why Next Level Games didn't make Mario an opponent in Punch Out Wii).

Bowser as the villain will never get old for me.

Mario as the main protagonist will never get old for me.

Baby Luigi getting kidnapped will nev-*shot*

We think so alike!

Back