Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

LunarTanooki said:
"You know what they say, all toasters toast toast." ~CD-i Mario, 1994
This and Gay Luigi makes me glad Hotel Mario exists tbh.

Blue the Raptor said:
LunarTanooki said:
"You know what they say, all toasters toast toast." ~CD-i Mario, 1994
This and Gay Luigi makes me glad Hotel Mario exists tbh.
"Gay Luigi" makes no sense to be honest. Same thing with "So long 'gay' Bowser". They're both so contrived, it feels kind of pathetic.

See the word gay apparently is funny.

Gay.

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if they intended to make "Eh, Luigi" sound like Gay Luigi after this gif I made THAT'S ACTUALLY IN THE GAME. I'm not sure if the writers intended this, but... wow.

I'm gonna spoiler the link for obvious reasons once you see it.

https://imgflip.com/gif/ss9du

Mcmadness said:
See the word gay apparently is funny.

Gay.
Ahahahaha! He said "puh" and then "ding"! Oh wait, wrong word.

Magikrazy said:
I always heard "so long gay bowser". Always.
I heard it as "So long deh Bowser" which makes just as much sense IMO.

Discord said:
Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if they intended to make "Eh, Luigi" sound like Gay Luigi after this gif I made THAT'S ACTUALLY IN THE GAME. I'm not sure if the writers intended this, but... wow.

I'm gonna spoiler the link for obvious reasons once you see it.

https://imgflip.com/gif/ss9du
It's just Mario jumping on Luigi's back, what's wrong with that, other than it's from Hotel Mario?

Magikrazy said:
Luigi was giving Mario a boost up, you perv.
You have to admit it looks suggestive if taken out of context.

:koopa: Leapfrog is suggestive when taken out of context?

No I don't see it either.

The tanoomba's start with a T. You know what else starts with a T? Testicles.

Very suggestive, nsfw.

The bushes look kinda like a bunch of dicks, do they?

Discord said:
Magikrazy said:
Luigi was giving Mario a boost up, you perv.
You have to admit it looks suggestive if taken out of context.
Nope, not really.
Mcmadness said:
The tanoomba's start with a T. You know what else starts with a T? Testicles.

Very suggestive, nsfw.
Funny you should mention tanookis and testicles in the same post...

Tanookis are known for their large testicles.

Magikrazy said:
Funny you should mention tanookis and testicles in the same post...

Tanookis are known for their large testicles.
With Luigi's transformation being changed to a kitsune, it can be seen as a form of emasculation (fitting his cowardly nature).

What bugs me about Kitsune Luigi is that Peach and Toad don't get unique animal skins.

Then again, how many weird Japanese folk creatures with tails are there? (not rhetorical, legit asking)

Dr. Mario said:
The bushes look kinda like a bunch of dicks, do they?

The troopeas have balls on their heads.

People criticize Partners in Time because they think it doesn't make much sense, but Superstar Saga's plot makes even less sense, paricularly when Mario and Loo-that other guy have to give Bowletta the Bean Star in exchange for Peach. Why would Bowletta trade Peach for the Bean Star when Peach's voice is needed to awaken the Bean Star. The Bros. are given a fake Bean Star, but Fawful sees right through it. And once Peach and the Bean Star are safe, no one thinks about using it to at least teleport to Bowser's Castle, give the Bros. some kind of level up boost or something or simply wish Bowletta's attack would stop, but no they don't use the Bean Star to wish for any of these things. Not to mention Bowletta gets stopped by two wooden crates, despite being able to breathe fire or smashing the crates with Bowser's brute strength.

eh they dont make much sense, ill be here just saying m&l stories arent as good as some paper mario ones to be honest

but.....pit is still the worst m&l game to me though

I really love M&L PiT story. Maybe just because it's the first game in the series that I played. But this alone cannot make for it's battle system.

First, it just loves to prolong the durations of battles. Which would have been accepted if the battle system was more like SS. The Bros. Moves in SS were mostly pure skill. Which is fantastic. Even while not overpowered, Boss Battles in SS take 2-5 turns. In PiT. I just try to be as overpowered as possible but still have problems finishing bosses in less than 5 turns. The Bros. Items was a good idea. However, I felt that the shell was not balanced. (The shell in BiS was better). Also the fact that most of them are RNG related just gets to my nerves.

Not sure if it is just me, but out of the first three games. BiS is the best. PiT is the worst.

2-5 turn boss battles?

..thats way too fast and too easy, even a tense 2-5 turn boss battle isnt anything special

id hate for you to play the tougher rpg franchises if that bothers you.

You misunderstood his post.

He was content with the 2-5 turn boss battles in ss, while ranting about the longer ones in pit.

Back