Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

yoshiking14x said:
Mcmadness said:
Bowser jr should get a larger role in the role playing games.
Agree, I want to see how he interacts with Bowser.

Character interaction and personality is a common complaint with this series in general, its why I have my sig the way it is, we don't get enough stuff like that.

Fortune Street is an example of the game with some awesome character interactive quotes

? Block said:
Fortune Street is an example of the game with some awesome character interactive quotes

Princess Peach: "Who invited Bowser? He's only going to cause trouble!"
Bowser's response: "Bwah hah hah! Your wish is my command, Princess Peach! If it's trouble you want, it's trouble you got!"

And just quotes in general.

Wario said:
It's graffiti time, kids! I'll plaster my name all over this island!

Bowser said:
GRRR! Luigi! One of these days, I'm gonna pluck that 'stache right off your lip!
Bowser said:
NOOO! Donkey Kong, you big hair lunk! I hope you slip on your own banana peel!
Wario said:
I’d rather melt my gold and throw it into a river than to give it to Mario…but I gotta do it!
Wario said:
That’s it, Donkey Kong! I’m selling you to the zoo!
Mario (to Diddy Kong) said:
Boo! That’s a bad Kong!! A very bad Kong!
Mario said:
Hey, Donkey Kong! Would you mind if I paid you in bananas? Ha ha ha! Oh, I bet you get that joke all the time!
Luigi said:
Ack! One shop left? All I did was take a minute to trim my sideburns… I need to stop doing that!
Luigi said:
Who bought up all the shops? Guess I was too busy grooming the ‘stache to pay attention to the game…
Luigi said:
Hey! You know what would look good? A spaceship with MY face on it!”

I think this one was a SuperMarioFact entry.
Argh! That stupid sun is blinding me! Think you can outshine the great Waluigi, do ya, sun?!

Mcmadness said:
yoshiking14x said:
Mcmadness said:
Bowser jr should get a larger role in the role playing games.
Agree, I want to see how he interacts with Bowser.
Character interaction and personality is a common complaint with this series in general, its why I have my sig the way it is, we don't get enough stuff like that.
I completely agree. Junior and Bowser's relationship appears to be good, which is nice to see considering many royal antagonist families seem to trample all over each other to become top dog. I'm also interested to see more of how Kamek is involved. Anyway, considering that Junior is the main antagonist second to Bowser in importance, I'd think he deserves to have a more prominent role in the RPGs. Add Kamek and the Koopalings to that list, plz. I love seeing them as one big "family"! BTW, I love that sig, Mcmadness!

Dr. Mario said:
The problem is, I totally agree with you. If Smashy is THAT desperate for their thousandth Mario character, make it at least someone who's a veteran and his species got playable roles in most of the recent mainstream games *cough* Toad *cough*.
Though I totally agree... For better or for worse, Toad doesn't have an insane fanbase like Rosalina, so he doesn't really stand a chance. =( I would simultaneously cry of joy and laughter if Toad becomes playable in SSB. Just imagining his voice when he gets KO'ed or taunts is already putting a smile on my face. His alt. could be Toadette and the various other coloured Toads.

On a side note, I really gotta try this "Fortune Street". The quotes are gold!

Yasuke Matsuda said:
Da_Bob-omb said:
His alt. could be Toadette and the various other coloured Toads.
captain toad

Please.
Yeah, that'd be cool! :D I'm actually devo that Sakurai didn't include Toad now. :( Maybe I'm in no position to complain since I got my (at the time) hopeless wish of being able to play as a Koopaling come true!

Da_Bob-omb said:
I completely agree. Junior and Bowser's relationship appears to be good, which is nice to see considering many royal antagonist families seem to trample all over each other to become top dog. I'm also interested to see more of how Kamek is involved. Anyway, considering that Junior is the main antagonist second to Bowser in importance, I'd think he deserves to have a more prominent role in the RPGs. Add Kamek and the Koopalings to that list, plz. I love seeing them as one big "family"! BTW, I love that sig, Mcmadness!

I think if nothing else it would lead to some very amusing dialogue.

This isn't unpopular, but it's unfortunate that you have to be a Mii in single player. I want to be Mario characters dang it!

Dr. Mario said:
The problem is, I totally agree with you. If Smashy is THAT desperate for their thousandth Mario character, make it at least someone who's a veteran and his species got playable roles in most of the recent mainstream games *cough* Toad *cough*.
ew keep that crybaby out of my smash

King Antasma said:
Dr. Mario said:

He's already in smash, just not playable.

Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
Dr. Mario said:

He's already in smash, just not playable.
I meant playable

Toad (or Captain Toad if that sticks around) is the only Mario character left that I would even consider putting in Smash.

unrelatedly to the previous conversation, I'd much rather see wario character appear in sports spinoffs before any rpg character.

Glowsquid said:
unrelatedly to the previous conversation, I'd much rather see wario character appear in sports spinoffs before any rpg character.
Yeah, their fun, colourful and quirky characters would be a very welcome addition. Instead of Animal Crossing or The Legend of Zelda-themed DLCs in Mario Kart 8, I would have much rather have seen at least one Wario one with the new racers being Mona, Dr. Crygor, Jimmy T./9-Volt./Ashley.

Speaking of which, while I haven't played Animal Crossing (the characters look cute and fun to interact with) and I love the Zelda series, I think that a more "Marioverse-centric" DLC would have been better. Maybe a DK pack (with possible the possible three additions being Diddy, Cranky, Dixie/Funky/Candy) and a Wario pack instead? Then again, the novelty of Link doing tricks on a motorbike is hard to say no to!

Seriously, the Tanuki Suit Mario and Cat Suit Peach should have been bloody alts...

Da_Bob-omb said:
Seriously, the Tanuki Suit Mario and Cat Suit Peach should have been bloody alts...

I think they're probably the absolute worst additions to Mario Kart aside from characters made up out of nowhere

Da_Bob-omb said:
But then we'd only get Link, Villager and Isabelle as 'new characters' and have Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and Dry Bowser as 'alternate costumes'.

What they're called doesn't change anything, we'd get them regardless.

Maki Nishikino said:
Da_Bob-omb said:
But then we'd only get Link, Villager and Isabelle as 'new characters' and have Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and Dry Bowser as 'alternate costumes'.
I'm pretty sure Dry Bowser is going to be more than a different looking Bowser, he's probably Rosalina's weight. The suits don't look too be that way, however.

And why is that a bad thing to have them as alts? It's not like it's smash where you can have attributes slightly altered.

Wart, Mouser,Tryclide,and Tatanga should appear in Mario Kart. But they should appear in a main Mario game.

↑Not likely to be unpopular opinion.

Back