Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I do wonder why Birdo of all things was the only boss in SMB2 to get to be in everything (To my knowledge, I haven't played it myself). It is probably the least interesting of them, to be honest.

King Antasma said:
I do wonder why Birdo of all things was the only boss in SMB2 to get to be in everything (To my knowledge, I haven't played it myself). It is probably the least interesting of them, to be honest.

Because the rest are generic things like giant crabs, mice, three headed snake, living fire, and a frog.

Need I remind you that most things in the Mario series can be considered generic. Goombas are mushrooms, Koopas are turtles, Bowser is a turtle on steroids, Toads are mushrooms, Mario is a plumber, I doubt those "generic" things would look any more generic.
Heck,
frog-Frog
crab-Huckit Crab
mouse-Scaredy Rat
snake-Hisstocrat
living fire- Podoboos

All that stuff is already present in the Mario series, but SMB2 predates most of it except Podoboos.

Need I remind you that presentation is what sets these things apart and as far as that is concerned there is nothing of worth from the other bosses.

I call them generic because thats what they are, they have zero defining charteristics.

If Bowser had only appeared once in a technologically limited game he'd be the same way. They did try to give personality to them in the GBA remake, with voice clips and such. In fact even Birdo had more pleasant voice clips than the hideous voice she has now.

King Antasma said:
If Bowser had only appeared once in a technologically limited game he'd be the same way. They did try to give personality to them in the GBA remake, with voice clips and such. In fact even Birdo had more pleasant voice clips than the hideous voice she has now.

You've used that argument several times before and I've debunked it each time, I'm not going to waste my time doing it again.

King Antasma said:
I don't remember you giving any solid evidence to debunk it, you used opinionated evidence: "Bowser has a cooler design"

I said Bowser has a unique design that even back in the day made him stand out. Even by todays standards there isn't much else out there like him.

King Antasma said:
Need I remind you that most things in the Mario series can be considered generic. Goombas are mushrooms, Koopas are turtles, Bowser is a turtle on steroids, Toads are mushrooms, Mario is a plumber, I doubt those "generic" things would look any more generic.
Heck,
frog-Frog
crab-Huckit Crab
mouse-Scaredy Rat
snake-Hisstocrat
living fire- Podoboos

All that stuff is already present in the Mario series, but SMB2 predates most of it except Podoboos.

Tryclide is a red(or green) 3 headed snake that breathes fire.

Mouser is a mouse with sunglasses that throws bombs(similar to Bean the Dynamite).

Wart is a tyrant amphibian who has water powers and has two toes in each foot and has sharp teeth and claws and is the king of nightmares/monsters.

Tatanga is a alien that looks sort like a purple mutated bat.

Not really generic, since I can't find a character that has all those traits beside them.

I know, they are no more generic than anything else in the Mario series, and Bowser has been rehashed so dang much that if anything Wart or Tatanga would be a refreshment.

King Antasma said:
I know, they are no more generic than anything else in the Mario series, and Bowser has been rehashed so dang much that if anything Wart or Tatanga would be a refreshment.
I read something(forgot where) but they used a picture of Mamu from Link's Awakening to prove Wart was generic, but it turns out he is the same character.

Any other unpopular opinions?

King Antasma said:

meh

they're boring as shit, id rather see bowser then those worthless idiots ever again

Zae Eildus said:
King Antasma said:

meh

they're boring as *bleep*, id rather see bowser then those worthless idiots ever again

Hey, we agree on something!

Mcmadness said:
Zae Eildus said:
King Antasma said:

meh

they're boring as *bleep*, id rather see bowser then those worthless idiots ever again

You'd be amazed at how much i actually like bowser.

Zae Eildus said:
Mcmadness said:
Zae Eildus said:
King Antasma said:

meh

You'd be amazed at how much i actually like bowser.

Surprise me.

I like how powerful Bowser is in Smash.

Freakworld said:
Frollo said:
I like how powerful Bowser is in Smash.

me too

hes way better than i recall in smash4

Thats because he finally fights the way you'd expect him to.

Peri Peri said:
Although I still don't know where they got his smash attack from.

Which one?

Well, he's pretty acrobatic in Galaxy.

Back