Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

R.O.B. said:
Toadette is much more pleasant

I agree too but I still like Toad's voice

Shroobs are probably the only M&L antagonist I want to come back for a later M&L game because its an entire race of beings, plenty of milage still left in em.

besides, it gives them an excuse to bring back baby mario and baby luigi for baby tear-based combat

Well there's potential i guess, but pit really utterly disgusted me as a rpg fan so eh.

Although i woulnt mind if the babies came back as that battle system in pit was far more intense than the other mario rpgs.

? Block said:
besides, it gives them an excuse to bring back baby mario and baby luigi for baby tear-based combat

Unless they come from the present.

Shroobs were OK, their only problem was the fact that they spoke another language, meaning memorable dialogue was out of the question. Partners in Time was less enjoyable than most of the other RPGs except Sticker Star for that reason. (That and the fact that the most powerful Bros attacks involved consecutively hitting Bro buttons with barely a second's notice infinitely until you screw up)

To me, the X-Nauts did a far better job of the extraterrestrial thing, but I think the Shroobs do still have potential left. But instead of M&L, I think they should return in another Paper Mario installment (unlikely I know, but think about how cool a Shroob partner who wants to stop the invasion from the rest of his kind would be)

But if they do return 'em, I'd hope that the major ones at least know English, (I know the Shroob Princesses knew it, but I don't recall the rest of them knowing it) so they could potentially have cool lines and stuff.

But yeah, my opinions on those are opposite, I like Fawful and Antasma more than Cackletta and the Shroobs.

As for Toad's voice, his older voice>>>>>>>>>>>his new one. That new voice is perhaps the biggest reason why I hate that little bastard.

I think the Shroobs do a good job of letting their actions speak for themselves.

TheFarmboy said:
Not a huge fan on Daisy's N64 incarnation, it makes her like Peach.

Her Deanna Mustard voice is so much better than her Jen Taylor voice.

? Block said:
I think the Shroobs do a good job of letting their actions speak for themselves.

Pretty much, its better than something that talks but doesn't have anything interesting to say.

Magikrazy said:
whats wrong with daisy liking peach

I think he means that it makes Daisy be like Peach, not that daisy likes peach.

Sunshine is better than 64

Back