Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Stargazing said:
Peach x Rosalina OTP

Peach x Rosalina x Daisy

x Bowser

Meh, it's better than 3D Land/World but I wouldn't say it's better than 64, for the sole reason that 64 isn't insanely hard, I watched a full LP of Sunshine and some of its missions looked near-impossible.

Not sure if this counts as a "Marioverse" opinion, but am I unique in thinking that Rosalina doesn't "deserve" to be in SSB4? To be clear, I don't dislike Rosalina, she's just "meh" to me. I never really empathised with her crazy fanbase. She's been around for about seven years, which is much less time than the rest of the Mario reps, as well as the majority of the SSB reps. Furthermore, she only had a major role in two main games. Then again, popularity appears to be an important factor, so... perhaps I'm misguided.

I have no problems with characters being relatively new if they bring an interesting or cool playstyle with them, or if they're clones because those are just roster padding/extra choices.

I don't really care for Rosalina either, but she's an interesting fighter for sure.

Da_Bob-omb said:
Not sure if this counts as a "Marioverse" opinion, but am I unique in thinking that Rosalina doesn't "deserve" to be in SSB4? To be clear, I don't dislike Rosalina, she's just "meh" to me. I never really empathised with her crazy fanbase. She's been around for about seven years, which is much less time than the rest of the Mario reps, as well as the majority of the SSB reps. Furthermore, she only had a major role in two main games. Then again, popularity appears to be an important factor, so... perhaps I'm misguided.

If popularity is a factor, then how come Krystal or Ridley did not get in? (Other than the latter being too big) But I do agree with you otherwise. I'm okay with her in 3D World, but Smash Bros is pushing it.

It's not all just popularity, sometimes Nintendo do have other reasons to put or not put characters into smash. Take Wii Fit Trainer or Dark Pit, for example.

Peri Peri said:
It's not all just popularity, sometimes Nintendo do have other reasons to put or not put characters into smash. Take Wii Fit Trainer or Dark Pit, for example.

I think Dark Pit is actually popular as a character but not as a clone.

King Antasma said:
Popularity means squat to Nintendo, if it meant something we'd have seen far more Fawful than we have

No, thats just you greatly over estimating his popularity.

King Antasma said:
Popularity means squat to Nintendo, if it meant something we'd have seen far more Fawful than we have

Incorrent, fawful has a mixed fanbase and nindendo doesnt care about rpg characters being involved in other spin-offs for the most part.

The only time there have been rpg stuff is dry dry desert track in mario kart and the star sprites in mp5.

I feel like we've been here before.

I think Baby Bowser's castle theme in YNI is ok, doesn't hold a candle to the original but its definitely above the castle theme from YIDS.

It sounds ominous with a certain childlike mischievous quality to it that makes it appropriate for Baby Bowser.

And thats the nicest thing you'll hear me say about YNI soundtrack.

yni's soundtrack is barely bad, especially after hearing yids and that disease known as sonic brotherhoods ost.

Bowser jr should get a larger role in the role playing games.

Da_Bob-omb said:
The problem is, I totally agree with you. If Smashy is THAT desperate for their thousandth Mario character, make it at least someone who's a veteran and his species got playable roles in most of the recent mainstream games *cough* Toad *cough*.

Yoshi's New Island uses kazoos for credits music

---ing. KAZOOS

Back