New Super Mario Bros. 2

Because I'm stating an opinion that you don't accept?

Nabber said:

An opinion backed by only a fraction of the game. (talking about U right here.) You can't absolutely hate a game before you've tried it or read reviews of others that have tried it. Sure, it has the same old formula that is getting pretty old, but your trying to shove your opinion down our throats. You say we hate you for your opinion, but we're annoyed by the fact that every time we be optimistic about something, you try to make our opinion invalid by spitting out how bad it's gonna be. You can't have a true opinion on something you haven't tried. You can't say you hate someone without knowing anything about them, you can't say you hate a food that you've never tried before, be because you won't give them a chance. So stop trying to rain on our parade because I think we got that you don't like it the first shit ton of times you said it.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to say it. Hate me all you want. I'm out of fucks to give.

Crackin355 said:
Nabber said:

An opinion backed by only a fraction of the game. (talking about U right here.) You can't absolutely hate a game before you've tried it or read reviews of others that have tried it. Sure, it has the same old formula that is getting pretty old, but your trying to shove your opinion down our throats. You say we hate you for your opinion, but we're annoyed by the fact that every time we be optimistic about something, you try to make our opinion invalid by spitting out how bad it's gonna be. You can't have a true opinion on something you haven't tried. You can't say you hate someone without knowing anything about them, you can't say you hate a food that you've never tried before, be because you won't give them a chance. So stop trying to rain on our parade because I think we got that you don't like it the first shit ton of times you said it.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to say it. Hate me all you want. I'm out of fucks to give.
I don't hate U. I am simply saying what my impressions of it are, and so far, they're mostly neutral. I never said that you hate me for my opinion (though your post is preeeeetty antagonistic.) I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to disagree with you; you say one thing, I say another, there's nothing wrong with that. Sure, I can't have a true opinion on something I haven't tried, but I can certainly get a good impression of it from people who have tried it. I can certainly dislike a food I've never tasted before if I hear from the majority of people that's it's bad and not worth trying.

Crackin355 said:
Nabber said:

An opinion backed by only a fraction of the game. (talking about U right here.) You can't absolutely hate a game before you've tried it or read reviews of others that have tried it. Sure, it has the same old formula that is getting pretty old, but your trying to shove your opinion down our throats. You say we hate you for your opinion, but we're annoyed by the fact that every time we be optimistic about something, you try to make our opinion invalid by spitting out how bad it's gonna be. You can't have a true opinion on something you haven't tried. You can't say you hate someone without knowing anything about them, you can't say you hate a food that you've never tried before, be because you won't give them a chance. So stop trying to rain on our parade because I think we got that you don't like it the first *bleep* ton of times you said it.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to say it. Hate me all you want. I'm out of *bleep*s to give.
This.

Nabber said:
Crackin355 said:
Nabber said:

I don't hate U. I am simply saying what my impressions of it are, and so far, they're mostly neutral. I never said that you hate me for my opinion (though your post is preeeeetty antagonistic.) I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to disagree with you; you say one thing, I say another, there's nothing wrong with that. Sure, I can't have a true opinion on something I haven't tried, but I can certainly get a good impression of it from people who have tried it. I can certainly dislike a food I've never tasted before if I hear from the majority of people that's it's bad and not worth trying.

I'm not saying your impressions are what is wrong, it's just that the way your saying it makes it out like you completely hate it. Plus, whenever we had an impression (Like when Baby Luigi said it was gonna rock), you acted like you knew it was going to be bad and like she was wrong and has nothing to back it up. But she said it was gonna rock as an opinion as well. Of course she didn't state why it was going to, but you can assume its the same reason you have so much hatred for it, because she liked the pictures she saw. Like I said, I don't hate your opinion nor you, I hate that your making ours seem like they're wrong. Plus. There haven't been many reviews of the game, so you couldn't have heard from a majority of people when there is barely anyone/nobody that has played it through completely.

Sorry if I was confusing in the last post, Probably didn't explain myself well enough.

Crackin355 said:
I'm not saying your impressions are what is wrong, it's just that the way your saying it makes it out like you completely hate it. Plus, whenever we had an impression (Like when Baby Luigi said it was gonna rock), you acted like you knew it was going to be bad and like she was wrong and has nothing to back it up. But she said it was gonna rock as an opinion as well. Of course she didn't state why it was going to, but you can assume its the same reason you have so much hatred for it, because she liked the pictures she saw. Like I said, I don't hate your opinion nor you, I hate that your making ours seem like they're wrong. Plus. There haven't been many reviews of the game, so you couldn't have heard from a majority of people when there is barely anyone/nobody that has played it through completely.

Sorry if I was confusing in the last post, Probably didn't explain myself well enough.
As far as I know, Baby Luigi didn't play NSMBU (correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm talking about people who have actually played the game, and from videos I have seen of the gameplay. I don't care about other people's opinions, they're not going to influence mine. And from what I see, NSMBU is basically an NSMB in HD. I don't particularly care for that.

MnSG said:
If Cranky Kong were around, he'd be mocking everything about New Super Mario Bros. 2. He'd probably say things like...

*What is this nonsense about collecting 1 million coins?! Waste of time if you asked me.
*This game is way too friendly with its 1-ups. Back in my day, you'd be lucky to get more than three lives, and it was better that way too.
*Warp Cannons? Find me one that'll take me out of this game, and I'll be there.
*Lose five lives and you'll get an Invincibility Leaf? Seriously, in my day, you're on your own.
*Gold Flower? More like a big piece of trash. In fact, all of these power-ups are just pathetic. Super Mushrooms and Fire Flowers are all that we need here.
Lol'd so hard.

Also, anyone bought the downloadable content? I'm technically broke because if I get that DLC then I won't get B2W2 this weekend.

Nabber said:

it's to the point where you just don't like the mario franchise anymore, which is fine, but why do you still come on here? most of us come here to read news and opinions and discuss. it's okay to have your opinions, but with you, you just plainly don't like mario anymore, but we all get it, you dislike the latest mario games. unlike you though, other people still enjoy the games and you are just constantly being a downer and negative and it just upsets me that every time i come here, i'm always seeing you being negative. i come here looking forward to being excited and you just discourage that, it's the point where i don't even want to come here anymore. this is super mario boards, you don't like mario anymore, it makes no sense as to why you even still go on this forum in the first place.

Crackin355 said:
Nabber said:

An opinion backed by only a fraction of the game. (talking about U right here.) You can't absolutely hate a game before you've tried it or read reviews of others that have tried it. Sure, it has the same old formula that is getting pretty old, but your trying to shove your opinion down our throats. You say we hate you for your opinion, but we're annoyed by the fact that every time we be optimistic about something, you try to make our opinion invalid by spitting out how bad it's gonna be. You can't have a true opinion on something you haven't tried. You can't say you hate someone without knowing anything about them, you can't say you hate a food that you've never tried before, be because you won't give them a chance. So stop trying to rain on our parade because I think we got that you don't like it the first *bleep* ton of times you said it.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to say it. Hate me all you want. I'm out of *bleep*s to give.

THANK YOU! i agree so freakin' much!

>implying you have to like the Mario series to be on here

Listen, a good amount of people here don't like the new games or the Mario series at all. I can still stay here if I want. There are boards besides the Marioverse, you know. Anyway, I love the older games.

videofreakboy91 said:
Nabber said:

it's to the point where you just don't like the mario franchise anymore, which is fine, but why do you still come on here? most of us come here to read news and opinions and discuss. it's okay to have your opinions, but with you, you just plainly don't like mario anymore, but we all get it, you dislike the latest mario games. unlike you though, other people still enjoy the games and you are just constantly being a downer and negative and it just upsets me that every time i come here, i'm always seeing you being negative. i come here looking forward to being excited and you just discourage that, it's the point where i don't even want to come here anymore. this is super mario boards, you don't like mario anymore, it makes no sense as to why you even still go on this forum in the first place.

I don' t think Nabber dislikes Mario, only the New Super Mario Bros. series.

Crackin355 said:

...Woah.

Reading this makes my opinion sound better than Nabber's because I've actually played it fully (on World Star, almost done with this shit...)

Videofreakboy, no double posting please. Now, about what you said about Nabber's leaving. You do know there's more to this forum than just talking about Mario. Maybe he keeps coming back because of the people here. Also, Nabber's allowed to have an opinion.

Nabber said:
>implying you have to like the Mario series to be on here

Listen, a good amount of people here don't like the new games or the Mario series at all. I can still stay here if I want. There are boards besides the Marioverse, you know. Anyway, I love the older games.

yes, i am pretty much implying you have to like the mario series to be here, why would you want to come onto this forum where it's all about mario when you don't like mario? it's like me going to a nicki minaj forum when i don't even like her at all. that makes absolutely no sense. of course you can stay if you want, obviously. and yes i am aware there are other boards, so how about go on those on which you enjoy. but i'm just saying it's just very discouraging to see negativity all the time here.

Sauron said:
Videofreakboy, no double posting please. Now, about what you said about Nabber's leaving. You do know there's more to this forum than just talking about Mario. Maybe he keeps coming back because of the people here. Also, Nabber's allowed to have an opinion.

as far as the double posting- sorry, i'm kinda new to this site. :/

Are you saying I can only discuss a game if I like it?

I like the Mario series. I just don't like the new games. Is there anything wrong with that?

And who the hell makes a Nikki Minaj forum anyway?

EDIT: And you apologized for double posting with a double post.

lmao, no not at all, it's just with you, you constantly shove it down our throats, that's all. and i'm talking about me going to a nicki minaj forum site, not just a section of this site.

and i fix'd the double post thingy, so hush!

I know what you meant. I'm not shoving it down your throats, I'm responding to your opinion of the game. There's a difference.

videofreakboy91 said:
yes, i am pretty much implying you have to like the mario series to be here, why would you want to come onto this forum where it's all about mario when you don't like mario? it's like me going to a nicki minaj forum when i don't even like her at all. that makes absolutely no sense.
Are you kidding me?!

I only enjoy the Paper Mario series and a few of the mainstream Mario games, so are you implying that I can't be on this forum because I don't like Mario as much as some other people?! I come here for the awesome people that are here, and that's one of the TWO reasons I come here daily.

The other one is Mindless Junk.
videofreakboy91 said:
i know, but it just all i'm saying is i come here all happy like :D, and then i read your posts, and then i'm like :mad:- but oh well.
This forum lacks nerdy fanboys.

Well, it seemed like by that comment you meant that when you came here, you were like "Oh yay, a Mario forum! Everybody MUST be a Mario FAN here that loves every Mario game!" and when you saw this thread, you were like "Oh, no..."

Pyro said:
Well, it seemed like by that comment you meant that when you came here, you were like "Oh yay, a Mario forum! Everybody MUST be a Mario FAN here that loves every Mario game!" and when you saw this thread, you were like "Oh, no..."

well not every mario game, but i just wasn't expecting as much negativity as i have seen so far.

Back