Cirdec said:
NSY said:
MnSG said:
DonnyKD said:
Toad85 said:
It took me four months to beat NSMBDS.

It took me four days to beat NSMB2.

Yawn.

Man, you must have been bad at Mario games if it took you four months to beat NSMBDS.

It took me three days to beat THAT.

Usually, as you get older, you'll become more experienced, and the tasks that you couldn't beat before are now mere child's play.
I took me months to beat NSMB and only 2 days to beat NSMB2.

That's what MnSG said, but NSMB is easier then NSMB2.
HAHAHAHAHAHA no NSMB2 lacks any difficulty in large part due to the fact that you can rack up hundreds of lives

Cheyenne Bodie said:
Cirdec said:
NSY said:
MnSG said:
DonnyKD said:
Toad85 said:

Yawn.

Man, you must have been bad at Mario games if it took you four months to beat NSMBDS.

Usually, as you get older, you'll become more experienced, and the tasks that you couldn't beat before are now mere child's play.

HAHAHAHAHAHA no NSMB2 lacks any difficulty in large part due to the fact that you can rack up hundreds of lives

Yah, but who gives a fuck about lives. There's still going to be enough even without shit tons of em. If anything, the lives just mean that you can try the stage again. The only thing you should find easy or hard is the stages.

Cheyenne Bodie said:
Cirdec said:
NSY said:
MnSG said:
DonnyKD said:
Toad85 said:

Yawn.

You could get loads of lives in 3D Land as well and it still had it's tough parts.

Gummy said:
So I just got it. The level designs are pretty good, but this has to be the worst Mario soundtrack ever.
Yeah, just turn the music off and replace it with music you like from an MP3.

Yoshidude99 said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
Cirdec said:
You could get loads of lives in 3D Land as well and it still had it's tough parts.
Individual level difficulty =/= overall difficulty.
Just because a part of a game is hard doesn't mean that the overall game has high difficulty. This game was easy. I shouldn't be able to finish the first world in the first day playing the game, and there shouldn't be six main worlds.

Lives don't add to difficulty at all.

Games like Rayman Origins and Kirby's Epic Yarn can be difficult games. And they both lack the lives system.

I think it's sad that I find the DLC to look more interesting than the game. I don't have the game yet, anyways.

Baby Luigi said:
Lives don't add to difficulty at all.

Games like Rayman Origins and Kirby's Epic Yarn can be difficult games. And they both lack the lives system.
Kirby's Epic Yarn can be difficult, but there's no downside to dying except you lose some beads. The horror.

Anyway, I don't think it should be this easy to get so many lives. Back in the old days, you didn't get many lives and you liked it.

If Cranky Kong were around, he'd be mocking everything about New Super Mario Bros. 2. He'd probably say things like...

*What is this nonsense about collecting 1 million coins?! Waste of time if you asked me.
*This game is way too friendly with its 1-ups. Back in my day, you'd be lucky to get more than three lives, and it was better that way too.
*Warp Cannons? Find me one that'll take me out of this game, and I'll be there.
*Lose five lives and you'll get an Invincibility Leaf? Seriously, in my day, you're on your own.
*Gold Flower? More like a big piece of trash. In fact, all of these power-ups are just pathetic. Super Mushrooms and Fire Flowers are all that we need here.

MnSG said:
If Cranky Kong were around, he'd be mocking everything about New Super Mario Bros. 2. He'd probably say things like...

*What is this nonsense about collecting 1 million coins?! Waste of time if you asked me.
*This game is way too friendly with its 1-ups. Back in my day, you'd be lucky to get more than three lives, and it was better that way too.
*Lose five lives and you'll get an Invincibility Leaf? Seriously, in my day, you're on your own.
*Gold Flower? More like a big piece of trash. In fact, all of these power-ups are just pathetic. Super Mushrooms and Fire Flowers are all that we need here.

Believe it or not, some fans sound exactly like him these days.

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

Believe it or not, a majority of the fans sound exactly like him these days.

Fix'd

Nabber said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
Cirdec said:
Just because a part of a game is hard doesn't mean that the overall game has high difficulty. This game was easy. I shouldn't be able to finish the first world in the first day playing the game, and there shouldn't be six main worlds.
Actually I think finishing the first world is fine its if you beat the second then it's wrong.

Nabber said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Cheyenne Bodie said:
Cirdec said:
Boy, I finished Word 4 if Donkey Kong Country Returns on the first day I got it.

Didn't I remember beating Ghrimhim in the Skyview Temple on the first day playing.

And it actually took me days to beat both games.

Yeah, I can remember a lot of games that I beat multiple of the starting worlds on the first day. That didn't mean that it was easy though, it just meant I played it enough.

Crackin355 said:
Yeah, I can remember a lot of games that I beat multiple of the starting worlds on the first day. That didn't mean that it was easy though, it just meant I played it enough.
This

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

Fix'd

Can you believe it? There are people (not necessarily here) STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS GAME BEING A REHASH. It's gotten even worse than Cranky Kong's rants!

I can tolerate people complaining, but, seriously, it's got to stop.

New Super Mario Bros. U is gonna kick ass!

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

Fix'd

Can you believe it? There are people (not necessarily here) STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS GAME BEING A REHASH. It's gotten even worse than Cranky Kong's rants!

They can complain, just not so much that it makes it unbearable. And NSMBU does look pretty good.

I'll get the DLC soon. I took a break from the game for a while, I'm still not finished so I better get to it.

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

Fix'd

And what is there to back up your claim?
I read the GameInformer article, expecting to find all sorts of new features to make this game good. But it seems like Nintendo payed them to do the article. It seems to be a new New Super Mario Bros with EVEN MORE FLYING POWERS. Fun.

Nabber said:
Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

Fix'd

I read the GameInformer article, expecting to find all sorts of new features to make this game good. But it seems like Nintendo payed them to do the article. It seems to be a new New Super Mario Bros with EVEN MORE FLYING POWERS. Fun.

Your always so down and disappointing, lighten up for Christs sake. What's there to back up your claim that it's going to be bad? Learn to atleast wait for reviews before casting it off as more shit.

Nabber said:
Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:

Fix'd

At least the levels look far better than NSMB 2, and there are baby Yoshis and a world map.

Crackin355 said:
Your always so down and disappointing, lighten up for Christs sake. What's there to back up your claim that it's going to be bad? Learn to atleast wait for reviews before casting it off as more shit.
Simple. I don't have any reason to assume it's good. All of these previews I've seen and read have basically shown that it's more of the same, and I did NOT enjoy the last Mario game that came out.

Back