New Super Mario Bros. 2

That sounds interesting... cars instead of Goombas... for some reason, that reminds me of Kirby's dash from Epic Yarn. The 8-bit world is something I'd love to see.

How about a world based on this forum? 8)

Professor Mario said:
How about a vehicle world? Basically , the landscape would be a road, with tons of vehicles coming in and out you can ride and avoid. There are cars, trucks, and motorcycles on land, boats and submarines underwater, and planes and jets in the sky.
Professor Mario said:
How about a vehicle world? Basically , the landscape would be a road, with tons of vehicles coming in and out you can ride and avoid. There are cars, trucks, and motorcycles on land, boats and submarines underwater, and planes and jets in the sky.
Well it is like CIty World, Cars, Buildings, Traffic, and what a city has. Love to see a city World anyways

Basing it on the 8-bit idea, why not an N64 model world?

La Marionette said:
How about a world based on this forum? 8)

:|

Oh, an N64 model world. Now, that's what I really want to see!

I immediately thought of a China World. Like Chai Kingdom from Super Mario Land.

I want a prehistoric world with dinosaurs, volcanoes, plains, caves, and rocky terrain. There could even be meteors in one level referencing the how the dinosaurs got extinct.

or like a Modernized World (you know based off a really huge city in the United States (New York comes to mind) lol xD)

Magikrazy said:
This thread is becoming more like a "Good Ideas For Mario Worlds" thread.

Well, it's still relevant to the topic, isn't it?

The Chicken Powerup should be in this game. :P

LOL, I can see that happening.

There should be a Super Ability that Mario gets; when he gets a Super Fire Flower, he can summon a giant fire dragon to destroy all enemies in the screen. However, the effect is limited. Also, that music plays.

I'm going to be shot down for making such an unoriginal idea. :|

I want Yoshi power-ups again. One could have him throw eggs like in Yoshi's Island.

Also, I've been saying this one for years. I need a Thunder Flower. You can shoot thunderbolts at enemies and if you charge one enough, it can transfer to another enemy. It's useful for keeping enemies in place without harming them if you want to bounce on them. Also, using it underwater causes the charge to separate into beams that scatter in different directions and harms enemies in this terrain.

I would wish they would focus on power-up exploits, very similar to Kirby. I don't like it when a power-up is good for like, only one level

Baby Luigi said:
I would wish they would focus on power-up exploits, very similar to Kirby. I don't like it when a power-up is good for like, only one level
Exactly!

Another idea I have would basically be Balloon Mario. It'd basically be like Balloon Fighter and you lot up continuously. It works quicker that than Raccoon Mario, but the helium leaks out eventually.

I wonder how Zombie Mario would work out...

I do only hope they can debug the formula this time, after so many times they neglected.

Therefore we just had 3DLand recently, did they really arrange the next DK and Wario main games on the schedule?

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Smashgoom202 said:
GAAAAH! Inconsistent naming hurts my head so much! >_<

Not to mention, I THOUGHT I was excited for this... But then it turns out I wasn't. The only thing that really itrigued me was that they actually used Raccoon Mario instead of Tanooki Mario. It seems they paid attention to the people who kept whining that the Tanooki Suit was basically NOT the Tanooki Suit, but rather Raccoon Mario, so why even bother making it the Tanooki Suit...

People like me. :-[

But yeah, nice to see that consistency fixed... But really, that's it, there's NOTHING to be excited about with this game. There's already been 2 Mario sidescrollers before, and they're great. Even if the Koopalings were in this one, I doubt it would get me any more anxious with anticipation... Maybe a little, but the thing is, it's the Mega Man 10 problem; Nintendo seems to be taking the easier (I'm hesitant on saying "lazier" because making games is hard work) route with this. Basically same idea, same gameplay, little to no difference in story, just throw in some new power-ups and that's it...

I'm sure the game will be good, and I'll still buy it, but I'm a little disappointed, honestly. I was really hoping for a Super Mario Bros. 2-sytle game, THAT would have been a nice change!

Dude, we've seen 4 pictures. Before getting *bleep*ty over a game that has hardly been shown and assuming its everything you hate, wait. *bleep*.
Overreacting much? I wasn't so much "hating" as I was pointing out that there's nothing revealed so far that has me excited. you know, to counteract the millions of Mario fans having their minds blown at the idea of Raccoon Mario returning. I even said that I'm sure the game will be decent and I'll still get it, but still, so far there's nothing to this game. Calm down, will you?

La Marionette said:
LOL, I can see that happening.

There should be a Super Ability that Mario gets; when he gets a Super Fire Flower, he can summon a giant fire dragon to destroy all enemies in the screen. However, the effect is limited. Also, that music plays.

I'm going to be shot down for making such an unoriginal idea. :|
Reminds me of the dragon from Angry birds seasons Chinese new year

We should get back on topic, actually this page should be quiet because of a lack of info. We should only be speculating now.

YoshiGo99 said:
Also I think the Goomba Shoe should return because if they are basing more Mario games on SMB3 then Goomba Shoe is needed

The Goomba's Shoe is not explicity needed, but it DEFINITELY needs to make a return in more levels. I mean come on, ONE level, Nintendo? Troll harder.

Baby Luigi said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Also I think the Goomba Shoe should return because if they are basing more Mario games on SMB3 then Goomba Shoe is needed

The Goomba's Shoe is not explicity needed, but it DEFINITELY needs to make a return in more levels. I mean come on, ONE level, Nintendo? Troll harder.
I was just about to say this.

But if there is any power-up that should come back, it's the Frog Suit. I just loved the thing.

Of course, I would've offered the Super Cape, (My favorite Mario power-up of all time) but now that we have Tanooki Mario, I guess it's time to hope again...

Back