New Super Mario Bros. 2

Unfortunately, I heard people hated the Frog Suit because it was useful only in water levels. My idea for a Frog Suit power-up is to eat enemies by sticking your tongue out similar to Yoshi but you don't make eggs. Also, you should have the ability to jump even further. I mean, aren't frogs well known for their jumping too?

Baby Luigi said:
Unfortunately, I heard people hated the Frog Suit because it was useful only in water levels. My idea for a Frog Suit power-up is to eat enemies by sticking your tongue out similar to Yoshi but you don't make eggs. Also, you should have the ability to jump even further. I mean, aren't frogs well known for their jumping too?
The first one is great, but I already thought it jumped higher...
Anyways, awesome!

I have another idea! It is, the Aqua Mushroom! When Mario eats it, he becomes Aqua Mario. One of it's ability's is to surf on land like how Penguin Mario slides. Also, you are able to shoot bubbles, and when it lands on an enemy, they are encased in a huge bubble! This causes the enemies to float for a few seconds and you can bounce on them! Lastly, shooting a bubble underwater encases Mario in a huge bubble that actually weighs Mario to the ground and he can walk normally until it pops! It also serves as a shield against underwater attacks, but it causes Mario to sink to the sea ground or bottomless pits. Mario's clothe design is see through, a bit like Shadow Mario.

Professor Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anyways, awesome!

I have another idea! It is, the Aqua Mushroom! When Mario eats it, he becomes Aqua Mario. One of it's ability's is to surf on land like how Penguin Mario slides. Also, you are able to shoot bubbles, and when it lands on an enemy, they are encased in a huge bubble! This causes the enemies to float for a few seconds and you can bounce on them! Lastly, shooting a bubble underwater encases Mario in a huge bubble that actually weighs Mario to the ground and he can walk normally until it pops! It also serves as a shield against underwater attacks, but it causes Mario to sink to the sea ground or bottomless pits. Mario's clothe design is see through, a bit like Shadow Mario.

That one seems a bit far-fetched. Most power-ups gives you maybe, 1 ability, throwing stuff like fireballs usually.

Why not give several abilities? It would make power-ups more fun to use. It's one of the reasons Kirby is so fun

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Professor Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anyways, awesome!

That one seems a bit far-fetched. Most power-ups gives you maybe, 1 ability, throwing stuff like fireballs usually.
I'm not saying every ability has to be included. I'm just giving out possibilities of what could go for it.

Baby Luigi said:
Why not give several abilities? It would make power-ups more fun to use. It's one of the reasons Kirby is so fun

It's not that it wouldn't be good, it's just that its really unlikely their going to change the formula they've used for power-ups for so long.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Baby Luigi said:

It's not that it wouldn't be good, it's just that its really unlikely their going to change the formula they've used for power-ups for so long.

You're right. It's Nintendo we're talking about; the same people who love milking and recycling their series who make the most money.

But it's quite inevitable we get some new power-ups to play around with in this game

Money is the goal of a business, so you cant blame them. The games are good, people like them, so why change a good thing right.

I'm hoping for some 3D backgrounds that look actually impressive. So far we've only seen these screenshots, which might not even be the final game's look for all we know.

The game's still early in its development stage so it's possible that these backgrounds are placeholders. Hopefully we get more pleasing backgrounds in the future.

Baby Luigi said:
The game's still early in its development stage so it's possible that these backgrounds are placeholders. Hopefully we get more pleasing backgrounds in the future.
Actually, since the game will be released this August, I'd say Nintendo has already completed most of it. Yes, unlike other developers, Nintendo waits a good long time until they have enough stuff to show off.

Wait, since WHEN they started working on it?

Smashgoom202 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Actually, since the game will be released this August, I'd say Nintendo has already completed most of it. Yes, unlike other developers, Nintendo waits a good long time until they have enough stuff to show off.

Yeah, I was kind of afraid that they'd already been working on it for a while. Because the game does look... a bit lacking at the moment.

Baby Luigi said:
Wait, since WHEN they started working on it?
They could have been working on it since New Super Mario Bros. Wii was released. We won't know unless an intereview comes up or we here directly from the source.

Professor Mario said:
I want Yoshi power-ups again. One could have him throw eggs like in Yoshi's Island.

Also, I've been saying this one for years. I need a Thunder Flower. You can shoot thunderbolts at enemies and if you charge one enough, it can transfer to another enemy. It's useful for keeping enemies in place without harming them if you want to bounce on them. Also, using it underwater causes the charge to separate into beams that scatter in different directions and harms enemies in this terrain.
Yoshi powers are awesome. Dash Yoshi would be really cool in NSMB2.

It would be cool if you could throw eggs at Koopas and then hit their shells with eggs to knock them off the screen.

^I agree with YoshiGo99 and Majin Vegeta. I still think though that it would be interesting to see the whole Yoshi's Island egg throwing feature put in somewhere and it'd fit in since Yoshi's Island was 3D. In fact, make it like this. When Yoshi has his mouth full from swallowing a Koopa, he can hold it to keep the power-up or swallow it to gain an egg.

However, it will be a bit tricky to deal with colors since Nintendo seemed so intent on making them all easily obtainable and balanced. Perhaps Yoshis should just return to being green most of the time while you can get other colored Yoshi Eggs from mini-games on the world map and then hatch them for levels or find them in secret areas in levels. That's just me though.

Are you sure Yoshi will be in this game? Nintendo usually advertises Yoshi like crazy when they reveal a new platforming game

Baby Luigi said:
Are you sure Yoshi will be in this game? Nintendo usually advertises Yoshi like crazy when they reveal a new platforming game
I'm speaking as IF he's in the game. We still don't know whether he is or not. Still want him though.

Eh, if Yoshi is in the game, at least have the ability to take him to other levels

If Yoshi's in the game, I want a whole rainbow of colors. I was VERY dissatisfied when I saw that Nintendo replaced the red and blue ones at E3 with pink and azure.

But pink is a manly color :(

Back