What can be improved in SSB4?

Professor Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
Dry Bowser could easily be an alternate costume
He was talking about kind of how disgusting the bones would look due to recent Smash Bros. games realistic approach. Not that it wouldn't be possible.

To be honest, I was never fond of the realistic Brawl style. It's too dull and pale.

La Marionette said:
Professor Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
Dry Bowser could easily be an alternate costume
He was talking about kind of how disgusting the bones would look due to recent Smash Bros. games realistic approach. Not that it wouldn't be possible.

To be honest, I was never fond of the realistic Brawl style. It's too dull and pale.
Me too. I stated earlier that I would prefer a cartoony look like the first Super Smash Bros.

Hmm, so did I, but I'm not sure if this is in the topic. If you played the first Super Smash Bros., you know how cartoony it feels compared to Brawl. In Brawl, most characters acted... out of character.

Also I figured out that in Brawl, a few attacks have a bigger hitbox in the SSE than in Multi-player Mode. I want the hitboxes to be the same in both modes... (I can show you a picture of an attack like that)

La Marionette said:
Hmm, so did I, but I'm not sure if this is in the topic. If you played the first Super Smash Bros., you know how cartoony it feels compared to Brawl. In Brawl, most characters acted... out of character.
Don't worry it is. It's an improvement because it's something we prefer. In fact, there was the same discussion earlier in the thread.

And man, you don't have to tell me that. Nobody was in character at all. Mario and Kirby didn't even smile once and even Link has to have a smile once in a blue moon. Not to mention how Yoshi just betrayed Mario for Link and other various things. Also, notice how Sakurai catered to Kirby too much by having his characters arguably play the most major roles with Dedede making the Timed Badges, Kirby saving everyone by eating one of them, Meta Knight's Halberd being the enemy's vessel, Kirby slicing the Subspace Gunship with the Dragoon, Dedede leads the newly revived Luigi and Ness to rescue more people, Kirby was playable since the beginning, Kirby saves one of the princesses, and Meta Knight leading the Ice Climbers on the mountain to the Halberd. The levels weren't even based on each series, only random landscapes while only few bosses originated from other Nintendo games. And don't get me started on the horrid story of characters just being mindless fighters destined to become trophies.

Subspace Emissary was really just one big mess up with the only advantage being lengthy levels, good-looking cutscenes, and enemies to fight. Melee's Adventure Mode was just way more better. I know I kind of got out of how they were out of character, but it just really disappointed me in general.

Professor Mario said:
Why not?

Anyways, some other ideas I have are Bowser as Dry Bowser or Dark Bowser, Ganon as Toon Ganon or Demise, Pikachu as Raichu or Pichu, and Meta Knight as Galacta Knight or Dark Meta Knight!

NO. The playable character is PIKACHU, not Raichu. Maybe Pikachu with Raichu's colors (yellow cheeks, orange skin and black ears), but not Raichu being playable.

Professor Mario said:
La Marionette said:
Don't worry it is. It's an improvement because it's something we prefer. In fact, there was the same discussion earlier in the thread.

And man, you don't have to tell me that. Nobody was in character at all. Mario and Kirby didn't even smile once and even Link has to have a smile once in a blue moon. Not to mention how Yoshi just betrayed Mario for Link and other various things. Also, notice how Sakurai catered to Kirby too much by having his characters arguably play the most major roles with Dedede making the Timed Badges, Kirby saving everyone by eating one of them, Meta Knight's Halberd being the enemy's vessel, Kirby slicing the Subspace Gunship with the Dragoon, Dedede leads the newly revived Luigi and Ness to rescue more people, Kirby was playable since the beginning, Kirby saves one of the princesses, and Meta Knight leading the Ice Climbers on the mountain to the Halberd. The levels weren't even based on each series, only random landscapes while only few bosses originated from other Nintendo games. And don't get me started on the horrid story of characters just being mindless fighters destined to become trophies.

Subspace Emissary was really just one big mess up with the only advantage being lengthy levels, good-looking cutscenes, and enemies to fight. Melee's Adventure Mode was just way more better. I know I kind of got out of how they were out of character, but it just really disappointed me in general.
I thought that it helped expand the series

FMGBASKFH said:
Professor Mario said:
Why not?

Anyways, some other ideas I have are Bowser as Dry Bowser or Dark Bowser, Ganon as Toon Ganon or Demise, Pikachu as Raichu or Pichu, and Meta Knight as Galacta Knight or Dark Meta Knight!

NO. The playable character is PIKACHU, not Raichu. Maybe Pikachu with Raichu's colors (yellow cheeks, orange skin and black ears), but not Raichu being playable.
Why not? Were talking about costumes, why are those evolutions forbidden? They actually make the most sense out of all of them. Not to mention that it would allow Pichu to come back without players worrying about it being a clone character.
RandomGuy said:
Professor Mario said:
La Marionette said:

I thought that it helped expand the series
Many people disagree. Arguably, the only major thing it really introduced to the series in general was cutscenes. But I think the direction should've honestly took a complete U-turn then it actually did. It's fine if you liked it, but I honestly didn't.

SuperNick3DLand said:
Computer A.I, Online, plain and simple.

Hopefully Sakurai realizes how blippity the Brawl online is.

Northern Verve said:
supermariofan said:
Epic Mickey for SSB4!!!!

How many times do we have to tell you that this just won't happen :P

If Mickey Mouse is in SSB4, then I am Mickey Mouse

Without the smiley, that quote goes perfect with your current avatar (Twilight looking pissed). But yeah, I agree, it's not going to happen. I want the Ninja Turtles and Leonardo's samurai rabbit friend Usagi to be in Super Smash Bros. but I know that ain't happening.

I'd like for items to look a little bit bigger. It could just be due to my eyesight, but some of the small items look too similar. My first time playing Brawl, I picked up a deku nut and thought it was a screw attack and tried throwing it at my opponent, and the nut ended up stunning both of us since I was too close to my opponent. Also, remove the useless items, pokemon, and Assist Trophy characters like the smokeball. I still don't know what it does even though I could just check the Smash Wiki.

You want to know what I'd like to see in Multi-player? Single player teams. No, I don't mean ho you set up teams with actual players with the same color and being limited to a total of four fighters. You know how in Subspace Emissary that you can select a team of members to play as in single player and you switch to the next one selected when you lose a life? That's what I'm talking about, but instead, each player takes control of a team and fights each other. Each character takes up a life, and the whoever loses all of their lives/characters loses. You can also have options to decide how many members you want for each team.

To get a better glimpse of what I'm trying to depict, watch this Marvel vs. Capcom 3 clip:

Just imagine this, but with Nintendo characters and without all of the character switching. You know what, have the characters switch like this also. However, the replacement keeps all of the damage from the previous character as a penalty and to keep people from switching all of the time.

Professor Mario said:
You want to know what I'd like to see in Multi-player? Single player teams. No, I don't mean ho you set up teams with actual players with the same color and being limited to a total of four fighters. You know how in Subspace Emissary that you can select a team of members to play as in single player and you switch to the next one selected when you lose a life? That's what I'm talking about, but instead, each player takes control of a team and fights each other. Each character takes up a life, and the whoever loses all of their lives/characters loses. You can also have options to decide how many members you want for each team.

To get a better glimpse of what I'm trying to depict, watch this Marvel vs. Capcom 3 clip:

Just imagine this, but with Nintendo characters and without all of the character switching. You know what, have the characters switch like this also. However, the replacement keeps all of the damage from the previous character as a penalty and to keep people from switching all of the time.
I like it

If there's something like that, it should be an option, but not a replacement.

La Marionette said:
If there's something like that, it should be an option, but not a replacement.
Of course it can't be a replacement, that'd be just plain silly. It's just an OPTIONAl mode you can use for multi-player. I like the idea, but even I wouldn't want it to completely replace the current formula.

Mickey will never appear in Super Smash Bros.. He's a cartoon character.

Majin Vegeta said:
You guys think we'll ever see Simon Belmont is here?
I hope so I downloaded the Castlevania games a few months ago on the virtual console and I couldn't imagine how awesome they'd be, so yeah bring him in that game!!

supermariofan said:
Majin Vegeta said:
You guys think we'll ever see Simon Belmont is here?
I hope so I downloaded the Castlevania games a few months ago on the virtual console and I couldn't imagine how awesome they'd be, so yeah bring him in that game!!
I agree. Konami should let Simon in and not Snake.

Snake is a PlayStation All-Star, after all (hint hint).

Back