What can be improved in SSB4?

If Classic Mode returns, I hope the opponents are more randomized. In Brawl, I felt like I was fighting the same opponents almost every time.

Super Smash Bros. was even less randomized than Brawl.

What I want is the return of Race to the Finish and Board the Platforms.

No it isn't. It's the same on all difficulties. You can finish right when you begin, but your reward will be very low.

It depends on who you're using. Faster characters generally have a smaller time limit. But if you get to the very last door, you can earn a lot of points.

Baby Luigi said:

This. :) I was really disappointed by the lack of uniqueness within the Classic Mode in Brawl. Seems like the development team focused moreso on the adventure mode as opposed to anything else in Brawl.

I would also like to see unique "Break the Target" stages for each of the characters (just like in Melee). I found the generic Target Test stages in Brawl to be rather dull in my opinion.

Also Trophy Tussle anyone? I'd love to see that return! ;D

Propeller Toad said:
Baby Luigi said:

This. :) I was really disappointed by the lack of uniqueness within the Classic Mode in Brawl. Seems like the development team focused moreso on the adventure mode as opposed to anything else in Brawl.

I would also like to see unique "Break the Target" stages for each of the characters (just like in Melee). I found the generic Target Test stages in Brawl to be rather dull in my opinion.

Unique Targest Tests I agree with.

Propeller Toad said:
Baby Luigi said:

Definitely. It helped provide me fun along with getting some of my favorite Trophies!

For Adventure Mode, I would like to see mid-bosses return like the multiple Yoshi's, Metal Bros, etc. They provided a lot of surprise to keep you on your toes and provided more fun. Not to mention how some would appear depending on your score like Giant Kirby.

I'd also like to see ALL of the bosses except the final ones like Tabuu, Master, and Crazy Hand to be from a Nintendo series as well as stages which was previously mentioned. It would allow as many Nintendo characters to appear and allow some that wouldn't work as a boss still play a role. Heck, I wouldn't even mind a third-party boss like Dr. Eggman or Dr. Wily so that third-party characters could have more importance of being there instead of just getting tacked on in the most random place like Snake and Sonic. Not to mention I just love the thought of them working with Nintendo villains.

Maybe the adventure mode would include levels that look like levels from a series? So a Mario themed level, with ? Blocks and Goomba's, then maybe a mega man themed level (if Megaman were to be in it) with Mets and spike pits and such.

Just a thought.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Maybe the adventure mode would include levels that look like levels from a series? So a Mario themed level, with ? Blocks and Goomba's, then maybe a mega man themed level (if Megaman were to be in it) with Mets and spike pits and such.

Just a thought.
That was already mentioned earlier in the thread, but I still agree. In fact, EVERY level should be from an included Nintendo series. In fact, why stop there? Put levels based on Nintendo series that couldn't make it to Smash Bros!

Baby Luigi said:

Well I did have the following input for Classic Mode in mind...

Stage 1: 1 vs. 1
Stage 2: 2 vs. 2
Stage 3: Multi-Man Battle (x10)
Bonus 1: Target Smash
Stage 4: 1 vs. 1
Stage 5: 3 vs. 1 (giant)
Stage 6: Multi-Man Battle (x15)
Bonus 2: Platform Jump (AKA: Board the Platforms)
Stage 7: 1 vs. 1
Stage 8: Multi-Man Battle (x20)
Stage 9: 1 vs. 1 (metal)
Bonus 3: Race to the Finish!
Stage 10: Fighting Alloy Team (x30)
Stage 11: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 (Free-for-all)
Stage 12-1: Master Hand (all skill levels)
Stage 12-2: Master Hand & Crazy Hand (Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Intense only)

All opponents would be random, meaning no franchise orders or anything. Also, you never face the exact same character more than once; if you face Mario in stage 1, he will not be your opponent for the other stages. Your teammates from stage 2 and stage 5 can still end up as your opponents though.

Regarding Master Hand, you'd only face him on the Very Easy and Easy skill levels. If you're playing Normal, Hard, Very Hard, or Intense, however, Crazy Hand will appear if you reach stage 12 without continuing, and within 15 minutes.

Regarding the Intense difficulty level, it won't be available right off the bat. To unlock the Intense difficulty level, you'll have to complete the first 5 skill levels first. Fortunately, clearing the Intense difficulty level isn't mandatory, as it's merely a bonus difficulty level.

How about characters getting costumes like Wario did with his classic and WarioWare look? It would provide a bunch of unlockable content, give comfort for fans who's favorite characters aren't in, and help increase replayability even after we unlock all of the characters. Mario could have some of his power-ups and Dr. Mario, Sonic can become Metal or Classic Sonic, Snake could become Naked or Old Snake, Toon Link could be Young or Minish Cap Link, etc. That's probably one of the things I am hoping for the most in the next installment.

Also, I have this eerie feeling that Snake might get replaced with Raiden to advertise Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. *shudders*

Professor Mario said:
How about characters getting costumes like Wario did with his classic and WarioWare look? It would provide a bunch of unlockable content, give comfort for fans who's favorite characters aren't in, and help increase replayability even after we unlock all of the characters. Mario could have some of his power-ups and Dr. Mario, Sonic can become Metal or Classic Sonic, Snake could become Naked or Old Snake, Toon Link could be Young or Minish Cap Link, etc. That's probably one of the things I am hoping for the most in the next installment.

Also, I have this eerie feeling that Snake might get replaced with Raiden to advertise Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. *shudders*
I second this.

Maybe a costume for Yoshi that makes it appear he has Baby Mario on his back.
A costume for Kirby that makes him look like Prince Fluff.

Professor Mario said:

I did have that input in the past, but it wasn't going to work very well with certain characters; for instance, Rosalina for Peach is a no go.

Why not?

Anyways, some other ideas I have are Bowser as Dry Bowser or Dark Bowser, Ganon as Toon Ganon or Demise, Pikachu as Raichu or Pichu, and Meta Knight as Galacta Knight or Dark Meta Knight!

Professor Mario said:
Maybe it's because they'd need new animation for her walking (Rosalina floats everywhere) among other things.

EDIT: If Rosalina made it as playable (though I doubt it), I'd like a costume where a Luma is floating around her.

Magikrazy said:
Professor Mario said:
Maybe it's because they'd need new animation for her walking (Rosalina floats everywhere) among other things.
Well, you've got there. This is a bit harder than it looks. But it still doesn't mean that some can work though. For example, instead of Rosalina, use Daisy.

EDIT: Wait a minute, why make Rosalina float if she's just a costume? Everything doesn't need to match the character to a thick point, she could just walk like Peach.

Professor Mario said:
EDIT: Wait a minute, why make Rosalina float if she's just a costume? Everything doesn't need to match the character to a thick point, she could just walk like Peach.
I think that would be more like a recolouring than an alternate costume.

Never mind, it could work.

Professor Mario said:
Why not?

Anyways, some other ideas I have are Bowser as Dry Bowser or Dark Bowser, Ganon as Toon Ganon or Demise, Pikachu as Raichu or Pichu, and Meta Knight as Galacta Knight or Dark Meta Knight!

Seeing how realistic SSB has gotten, I'm not sure a Dry Bowser is the best idea. The others I accept

RandomGuy said:
Professor Mario said:
Why not?

Seeing how realistic SSB has gotten, I'm not sure a Dry Bowser is the best idea. The others I accept
Well, yeah it would look kind of disgusting, but that's really up to the developers. I don't really think we could predict that. Hopefully future installments are more cartoony, which was already stated in this thread.

Dry Bowser could easily be an alternate costume

Back