What can be improved in SSB4?

You can play as Nana, also.

About tripping:

The random tripping should be removed for sure, but the tripping from Diddy Kong's bananna peels was perfectly fine.

Dr. Javelin said:
The random tripping should be removed for sure, but the tripping from Diddy Kong's bananna peels was perfectly fine.

Of course. There's a reason that some hacked Brawl projects remove random pratfalling, but don't remove the banana peel tripping. The banana peel thing is a strategic move rather than a fate based one

Also, they kept attacks that can possibly make a player trip. That is also fair tripping.

Tripping indeed was a rather poor addition in the general gameplay. I agree with you all that moves triggering for the effect of tripping is a unique strategy; however, small things such as random tripping can definitely affect the gameplay at times.

I'd imagine that tripping would be one thing Brawl will be remembered for in terms of negative aspects. :P

Random tripping shouldn't be included in SSB4. But could you imagine one of the bosses tripping?

A boss tripping is just as lame as tripping yourself. It makes it easier for you to win, and isn't as satisfying.

Course, that could just be my approach to things, as I like challenges and hate it when games make things easier for me.

That would be extremely stupid.
Dr. Javelin's avatar gave me an idea! instead of a lakitu throwing spinies, how about A LAKITU THAT THROWS POKEBALLS AT YOU!

RandomGuy said:
Dr. Javelin's avatar gave me an idea! instead of a lakitu throwing spinies, how about A LAKITU THAT THROWS POKEBALLS AT YOU!

Make it throw javelins as well

RandomGuy said:
That would be extremely stupid.
Any of the playable characters can throw Poke Balls, so...
Baby Luigi said:
Make it throw javelins as well
Indeed.

Smashgoom202 said:
Here's one thing that can be improved:

NO! MORE! TRIPPING!!!!!

Been there, done that. Still, when on ice, you'd expect some tripping to occur.

I want tripping only from attacks and bananas. I don't know how many times I've said that.

I want Super Smash Bros. to be a more cartoony game. :)

La Marionette said:

That's one feature I liked of the original Super Smash Bros.

MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Here's one thing that can be improved:

NO! MORE! TRIPPING!!!!!

Been there, done that. Still, when on ice, you'd expect some tripping to occur.

Pretty much the only viable reason you should trip, although it really depends on the rate you trip too.

La Marionette said:
I want tripping only from attacks and bananas. I don't know how many times I've said that.

Oh yeah, remember when Super Smash Bros. didn't take itself so seriously? It hasn't been like that since the first one...

I miss the comic book-style of the art in the instruction manual, too.

Smashgoom202 said:
La Marionette said:

Oh yeah, remember when Super Smash Bros. didn't take itself so seriously? It hasn't been like that since the first one...

That was awesome too. I hate it how they "matured" up the game.

I hope someone else remembers how you can see the characters' bones when you get electrified in Super Smash Bros. That was so funny! :D

Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
La Marionette said:

That was awesome too. I hate it how they "matured" up the game.

I hope someone else remembers how you can see the characters' bones when you get electrified in Super Smash Bros. That was so funny! :D
Or in Samus' case, her.

DrySamus.png

Back