What can be improved in SSB4?

FMGBASKFH said:
Smasher said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Remember it's a NINTENDO game.

Two or three non-Nintendo characters in a game with like 30 or 40 or so Nintendo guys doesn't really change that.

True, but there are some people who want Sonic, and Snake, and Megaman, and Pacman, and Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro, and Simon Belmont, and Leon Kennedy, and Conker, and Banjo-Kazooie, and Mickey Mouse, and Sora, etc... Heck, there's even a guy in here who wants stupid Spongebob in. I mean, for God's sake.

People are going to want what they want. Most of those have minimal chances of being in the roster besides Sonic and Snake (As veterans) and Megaman (The most highly wanted 3rd Party character). I'm sure there are some people that would like most of those to somehow get in but know that realistically it isn't going to happen. And the guy who wanted Spongebob is the same guy who's doing the silly new Mario movie screenplay stuff. He's... kinda like that.

3rd Party spots are very limited. That's why it's exciting in the first place for fans of particular 3rd parties to think what they could do in SSB4. Because if they're in, fans of that series would celebrate more triumphly then if the most popular Pokemon of the newest generation was announced in the roster.

One of the happiest days of my life (As geeky and sentimental as that sounds) was when Sonic was announced. I'd really like to see more people have that sense of euphoria seeing that a favorite 3rd party character has made it in.

That guy wants SpongeBob?

I found his post and laughed so hard because Nintendo probably ignored the e-mail completely. SpongeBob? Seriously?

It's funny. Shortly after Brawl came out and I fell asleep, I dreamt I was playing as Spongebob and his weapon was his spatula and my opponent was Patrick. True story.

MnSG said:
Probably the following...

1: Modify the difficulty of the weaker CPU levels. Brawl level 1s are anything but puny, but the Melee level 1s sure meet the puny criteria.

2: Adventure Mode should focus more on the classic enemies, instead of original creations.

3: Random tripping should only be applied to when you're on slippery terrain. Normal terrain should NOT cause tripping, at least not without a banana peel.

4: Add a team tourney option for the Tourney game mode.

I agree with all these points. However, would you approve of tripping caused by some attacks?

FMGBASKFH said:
Smasher said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Remember it's a NINTENDO game.

Two or three non-Nintendo characters in a game with like 30 or 40 or so Nintendo guys doesn't really change that.

True, but there are some people who want Sonic, and Snake, and Megaman, and Pacman, and Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro, and Simon Belmont, and Leon Kennedy, and Conker, and Banjo-Kazooie, and Mickey Mouse, and Sora, etc... Heck, there's even a guy in here who wants stupid Spongebob in. I mean, for God's sake.
Spongebob, Mickey Mouse, Conker, and Banjo-Kazooie have absolutely NO chance of getting in so forget it

Buster Baxter said:
I'd say Luigi's the only one who should have the tripping feature, regardless of terrain/banana peels. It certainly fits him.

That would put him in at a disadvantage though :(

Not necessarily, the tripping would only be one weakness. Luigi has plenty of strengths. He can hit hard, hit fast, and he has one of the most ridiculously overpowered Final Smashes in Brawl. The tripping would only nerf him a little bit.

Buster Baxter said:
Not necessarily, the tripping would only be one weakness. Luigi has plenty of strengths. He can hit hard, hit fast, and he has one of the most ridiculously overpowered Final Smashes in Brawl. The tripping would only nerf him a little bit.

I still hate random pratfalling.

Why can't Lucas have tripping either? He trips in one of his taunts

Buster Baxter said:

hell i'd say it wouldn't even NERF him to begin with. His best approaches are through mid jumping and down special, and about the only thing his dash attack is good for is edge guarding.

So yeah, it wouldn't really affect him that much, if at all.

^^

I'm no Mother 3 expert, but that doesn't seem like it would fit Lucas' personality. He seems more like a sweet, shy, innocent, who grows up to become an epicly badass hero.

Buster Baxter said:
^^

I'm no Mother 3 expert, but that doesn't seem like it would fit Lucas' personality. He seems more like a sweet, shy, innocent, who grows up to become an epicly badass hero.

The only reason I'm suggesting it is that Lucas trips in one of his taunts.

Baby Luigi said:
Buster Baxter said:
^^

Seems like a pretty dull reason to me.

Ganondorf pulls out a sword in one of his but yet never uses it.

Anyway, tripping is a bad element all the way and should be eliminated.

Baby Luigi said:
Buster Baxter said:
^^

Wow, I can't believe I missed that part of your previous post.

Zae said:
Anyway, tripping is a bad element all the way and should be eliminated.

Yeah, I only suggested that Luigi be the sole person to have tripping as a joke. More so a stealth pun. (TVTropes says that Luigi is "Nintendo's poster boy for the buttmonkey trope.) After reading MnSG and LGM's conversation, that thought just popped into my mind. :P

I think Mario should have a much higher jump in the next game (although I doubt it). After all, he IS the one and only JUMPman.

No, that was just his original name and that was only in Donkey Kong. Besides, Mario could barely jump in that game. His jumping skills did improve over time being lethal enough to stomp on Bullet Bills and stop them (Chuggaaconroy even speculated that Mario might actually be faster than Sonic, Nintendo just slows it down so we can see it), but other characters have shown to be better jumpers, Luigi, Yoshi, even Bowser and Ludwig are shown jumping higher than Mario.

However, I think at the time of Donkey Kong, few characters had to jump over obstacles. I still think Mario should reflect how Nintendo keeps hailing him as a great jumper. Sure, other characters might jump higher, but Mario seems to get all the attention.

Sorry, I haven't played Metroid. If Samus's Screw Attack is underwhelming, then Sakurai should fix it.

If the Screw Attack could be better, then you can look no further than to Super Smash Bros. Gee, that was the strongest and most annoying Screw Attack ever.

Too bad the third jump itself was atrocious, even worse than Link's.

So here's the plan: Make it as good as a recovery move as it was in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but add Super Smash Bros.'s power and combo potential

I honestly didn't like how you can only control the Ice Climbers using Popo

RandomGuy said:
I honestly didn't like how you can only control the Ice Climbers using Popo

But how can you control two characters at once?

Besides, both Ice Climbers are controllable, it's just that one is semi-CPU controlled. But when he/she is with you, you can control him/her to a degree.

Back