I just beat __

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Pretty easy, and I made a personal record: 19 hours 52 minutes

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Fully complete. Found every Surprise Box, defeated Culex, every character is level 30, and completed every sidequest. Oh, and defeated Smithy, of course.

Tumblestone (Switch)

Finished Story Mode at the very least, which is a pretty lengthy campaign. I admit that I had to look up video guides to solve a few puzzles, especially quite a number at the end, due to stacking 2 - 3 modifiers that made them difficult.

Moreover, the final level is a challenge between 3 CPUs, which is difficult because they are Level 20 CPUs (the second-hardest), and it's a 5-to-win match using different modifiers. I got lucky in some matches since I got a few modifier combinations that I am comfortable with.

DTbek6_UQAAnFtx.jpg:large

Thank you for reading.

tbh i found the master quest to be underwhelming. It's still essentially the same game except for the dungeon layouts have been changed, and the child dungeons ARE considerably harder now i guess (well, at least jabu-jabu's belly), but especially the adult dungeons are just... different, or even easier in some cases (water temple)

there is one dungeon that blows the competition out of the park though

bottom of the well master quest version

easily the hardest dungeon in the entire series lmao

i mean okay i know jack shit about the oot 3d master quest, as the one ive played was the actual og GCN version, so maybe its a lot better or smth

Wart said:
tbh i found the master quest to be underwhelming. It's still essentially the same game except for the dungeon layouts have been changed, and the child dungeons ARE considerably harder now i guess (well, at least jabu-jabu's belly), but especially the adult dungeons are just... different, or even easier in some cases (water temple)

there is one dungeon that blows the competition out of the park though

i mean okay i know jack *bleep* about the oot 3d master quest, as the one ive played was the actual og GCN version, so maybe its a lot better or smth

Water Temple was definitely easier. Already beat the main story, now I got to do the rest of the stuff :P

OoT 3D version is mirrored, so it's easy to get disorientated. Some of the items may be in different places too, or the dungeon is arranged to get to it sooner or later than usual.

honestly the water temple in oot first time around took me way too long to finish because i ran across the entire place like an idiot searching for keys and not grasping the concept of rising and sinking water levels

the master quest one i beat in like 1 1/2 hours

because the thing is essentially over once you have the longshot

Wart said:

whats hard about it

i found everything except for the fucking lens of truth. i forgot where exactly it was hidden but i remember opening literally every other chest before it, and then searched for like 2 hours

Wart said:
i found everything except for the fucking lens of truth. i forgot where exactly it was hidden but i remember opening literally every other chest before it, and then searched for like 2 hours
oh yeah the shadow dungeon
that was probably my favorite zelda dungeon

Pokemon Ultra Sun

Finished the main story and episode RR, I don't remember what levels my end game team were at but it's was somewhere between the 60s and 70s.

Fate/Extella

Got the platinum trophy. It's pretty much just beating every stage on Very Hard as well as a few on Hard to unlock specific recipes; then crafting each piece of equipment once to add to the gallery.

Then if you don't have the 5,000 aggressor defeats trophy you just have to grind them on the first stage for like half an hour, depending on how many you killed on the very hard grind.

Not hard but time consuming. If someone said this game is extremely repetitive, then I would agree, lots of repeat stages (really only 5 stages with various different configurations/bosses) and each stage can be beaten in the same way. Difficulty was non-existent once you learn the optimal formula and you can revive 3 times for each stage if you still suck ass.

but i like fate so i'd do it again, let's see if Extella Link will change things up a little. They got Scathach so they're already doing something right. I don't know who else I'd like to see added, Lancelot would be neat.

Lumino City (PC)

This is a point-and-click puzzle game, and the most notable quality is its use of real-life diorama to capture the scene. Think Paper Mario: Colour Splash graphics, but captured in real life. You can notice the stop-motion camera angles, and the imperfect placement of outside objects. However, this gives the game an authentic scenery that I can't help but admire. Sure the characters are as simple as you can get (they don't have visible mouths), but it's a very illuminating experience.

Thank you for reading.

A few days ago:

Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope

Quite a good game; I liked it a lot and I can see why it's so popular. Also did some post-game stuff and I'll get started on the other campaigns soon.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Took me ages but I finally moved past 4-8 and conquered 4-9, however I don't really feel like doing the post game content right now. This game has greatly shifted my opinion on the widely infamous raving Rabbids and kinda makes me wanna check out Rabbids go home at some point.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe i guess

I got 3-star on all the cups in all the speeds so I'm gonna count that as beaten. The credits rolled after all. Twice. for about 30 minutes each.

still no yoshi bike, time to play online now that i'm officially better than bad ai

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

The final boss fight was really hard, but only Rabbid Luigi survived the boss fight. We can say that Rabbid Luigi is a sly bunny.

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge

The plot didn't make much sense, but it was fun and set up the events of Tooie.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Not only have I beaten the main story, I have also conquered all the Challenges, including the four Ultimate Challenges. As you can see in my save file, I have 100% everything:

DVrgqWNU0AA0alk.jpg:large

I think this is a very fun game, and at a discount (I got it when Ubisoft provided a repeat discounted back at 26/12/2017), the game's worth it. Every level is pure fun and very rewarding to finish, so I am motivated to finish everything. The challenges are especially great because while they are difficult it's not impossibly difficult, as even the most difficult challenges are rewarding to conquer. As an example, there is an Ultimate Challenge where you need to reach a certain spot in 12 turns, and I managed to get there with two remaining party members (Luigi was KO'ed in the middle of the map).

With all the single-player content completed, all that's left are the co-op challenges. I checked on one of them to find out how it fares, and it's not bad. Perhaps when I have somebody to play with then I will delve deeper into them.

There are two DLC packs for this game, but I am not interested at the moment since I am not interested in the Ultra Challenges pack, though I must say that the Donkey Kong extra is tempting.

Thank you for reading.

I’m not sure if this counts, but I managed to rack up 1000 Platinum Points on My Nintendo, so I got My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess! I wonder if I’m the only one who bothered getting it...

Sonic The Hedgehog.

The final boss was pretty easy. Although the credits were pretty cool.

Yesterday:
Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows

I think I've become quite a fan of Shovel Knight. I liked the story in Plague of Shadows, and Plague Knight was a lot of fun to use.

Back