I just beat __

Hue

I redeemed this as part of the Mario Awards, and played it to the finish. It is a visually eye-catching game, thanks in part to how it has a strong style even without colour involved. I am glad to get this game because it's very nice to look at an it's also a short game. Only problem is the playing with mouse and keyboard is awkward, since my Logitech controller isn't compatible with this game.

The last puzzle of this game is really great, and worth the trouble to clear. One disappointment I have with this game is that the collectibles don't appear to lead to anything noteworthy (save for an achievement), so I was wondering why I bothered to collect them all.

Thank you for reading.

Sonic Rivals 2

Finished the main campaign twice as both Sonic and Tails, it's relatively short with only six zones that usually have two regular races/time attacks, a fight with a rival and a boss fight. But I dunno if I want to finish the game another six times just to see what the other character's campaigns are like unless it did something cool like unlock Super Sonic or a final story that ties everything together, but from what I heard Super Sonic isn't in the game so I'm not going to bother with it now.

It's a pretty fun little bite-sized adventure though, reminds me a awful lot of the 2-player modes in the original Genesis trilogy mixed in with some of the more modern elements of the series such as homing attacks. Visually speaking the game looks pretty good for the PSP although I kinda think a few cutscenes would've been nice for the brief intermissions between acts instead of just portraits of the characters and text with narration (I mean Sonic Rush Adventure came out the same year and while it too had text, it also had some cutscenes), but that's just a small nitpick.

Also I'm glad that this game reintroduced Silver to the series' canon, although he does kinda come off as a touch bit more arrogant and jerk-ish here than he did in '06 such as referring to Tails as a "Half-pint" or many of the quips he makes during races.

I beat Pokemon Silver for the 3DS VC, both the main game and the postgame, so now it's time for the postgame's postgame. But first I need to grind all my Pokemon to level 60-70 which is ____________ but i'll do that little by little.

Retro City Rampage DX (3DS)

Beaten the main campaign and played all the Arcade Challenges (didn't get Gold on them all, but some of the are tough). Did not complete the following: Loot Boxes, Achievements and Unlockable Costumes. This brings my completion rate to 93%.

The final boss is incredibly tough, only because I experienced deaths too many times. My total death count in my playthrough amounts to about 150, so I guess I played pretty badly.

Anyway, this game is surreal yet familiar, mainly because there are a lot (and I mean, a lot) of references to the popular things in the past, which includes video game stuff and TV shows. Mario's a given since there are lots of Mario-like things like being able to wear his cap known as a "Plumber Cap" (which is my favourite hat), but Sonic also has his share of references, including the main villain oddly enough. I think it's not bad and I am glad I got it (though at a discount).

Thank you for reading.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Finished it, Chapter 4 and 5 were easily the highlights of the game. If I'm being honest, probably mostly because of Kokichi, he was a good character for the game. Kaito was also a stand-out character.

I think my opinion on the ending, for most of the trial I guess I was kind of just like 'mmmm, okay'. Can't say I thought it was amazing but it wasn't bad either. I think the closer it got to the end of the trial the more I was enjoying it but 80% of the last trial wasn't really hitting the right notes after Chapter 5's trial and the whole timed school investigation, I really liked that but it kind of felt like the amount of time spent collecting the evidence was used for a very short portion of the final trial and then it devolved into hope vs despair crap, before moving onto an actually interesting alternative of 'shut the fuck up'.

I guess it explains why cosplay survived until the end, she seemed like such a non-character that I was really shocked that they hadn't killed her off yet but it made sense in the end, though maybe her existence up to that point being fairly irrelevant made her 'reveal' pretty dull. I expected Kokichi to survive up until the reveal of the dead body in 5, at which point there was no way it was actually Kaito under there, otherwise there would've been no purpose in hiding who the victim was. Though I think Kokichi's death was the most impressive, even when he died he was still stealing the spotlight. Keebo finally showed off his purpose, also I guess his name is a pun on hope in japanese? That's what it sounded like.

Also the dr team must have had a great time jacking themselves off like that for most of the final trial. I understood why they had cosplay change into a bunch of characters from the other games, I just didn't care and it felt very self-serving. Maybe they made cosplay boring on purpose so that 'personality' would shine through her character changes, but it didn't really work out that well.

Good game anyway, 4/5 > 2/3 > 1/6 as far as how much I liked each chapter goes. The only characters I didn't really care for were Kiyo, Kirumi and cosplay.

Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy

I feel that the complete absence of Yoshi's patented ability to turn enemies into eggs and throw them is a missed opportunity here, especially considering that it would be pretty interesting to aim the targeting reticle by tilting the GBA. But all and all it was a pretty decent adventure save for the incredibly lackluster Bowser fight at the end.

Super Mario Bros.

I beat it without warp pipes but with the A-button trick of returning to the world you died in. It was on a NES, with Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt. I didn't beat Buzzy Beetle mode, though. Now I can call myself a true Mario fan! :mario:

Super Mario RPG

This game is amazing.

The music is great, the writing is great, and the gameplay is great. Everything a good RPG needs.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4)

Yeah safe to say chapter 6 does not sit well with me tbh

I literally hate tsumugi now

Idk it just feels very anti-climactic... Nonetheless, aside from that chapter, very solid game, worth it for chapters 1 and 5 alone.

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS4)

Did the full game now. Jesus fucking Christ

yeah like i said before, if you ever want to play kingdom hearts, skip this one, totally not worth your time lol.

Ichi

This is a puzzle game where there is a travelling dot, and it has to collect all the collectibles in the level. It's fairly simple since the comet-like thing moves one-way, so there's not much complexity. There are 60 levels in the main game, which I've finished. Although there is level-sharing, I think I will skip that even though certain achievements require some commitment to it.

Thank you for reading.

Super Paper Mario

Comparing this run to my original save file from 2013(?), I did a little better. Shaved an hour and a half off my average time and was three levels higher to boot.

It felt really good revisiting this game and admittedly I miss when the series had this type of vibe, there is just something so endlessly charming about the characters, plot, music, visuals and gameplay. :mario: :peach: :bowser: :luigi:

Mario Kart 8

I have recently finished all the 200cc Grand Prix courses while beating each course with the following:

Bell Cup - Lemmy
Crossing Cup - Wendy
Triforce Cup - Larry
Egg Cup - Iggy
Special Cup - Ludwig
Lightning Cup - Roy
Star Cup - Morton Jr.
Leaf Cup - Dry Bowser
Flower Cup - Bowser Jr.
Banana Cup - Bowser
Shell Cup - Koopa Troopa
Mushroom Cup - Dry Bones

(Did you see a pattern here?)

Thank you for reading.

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (PS4)

was better than the first one tbh

Also felt good to finally kick some organization asses (hopefully) once and for all

Super Metroid (SNES)

Clear time (In game): 6:11

Percentage of items collected: 61%

I never thought I would like this game after playing Metroid (NES), but because I've heard so much good about it (and having fun with demo in Smash 4) I gave it a go, and I don't regret it.

Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (DS)

Was kind of in the mood to do this one after it was brought up in conversation on another thread the other day, I've had this game since the Christmas of '09 yet I have not finished the Adventure Tour mode until this point.

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent 1 (PC)

If you played Professor Layton, Puzzle Agent is similar: you have a character that go around solving puzzles in a place, and the locals are obsessed with puzzles. There are hint collectibles in this game but I never used them because like Professor Layton, I deemed them too valuable to use. The difference is, while Professor Layton is always in a mood for puzzles, Nelson Tethers sometimes commented on the absurdity of the premise of the town's obsession with puzzles (though at one point he used it to his advantage).

Now that the first game is done, I am going through the second game, which acts as a sequel to the first game because the events at the end of Puzzle Agent 1 necessitate a sequel.

Thank you for reading.

I've beaten

79632_front.jpg

Turning Point Fall of Liberty is a FPS whose premise is that in alt-history where Churchill was killed in that NY cab colission, the Axis won WWII and Nazis are invading the US. You play as a construction worker who decides to join the resistance and kill the shit out of krauts because that's what patriotic construction workers do. I bet former Sparks Unlimited employees are cursing the fact the game was released a decade too early, eh.

Turning Point has a reputation for being an awful game and a lot of the criticism leveled at it is well-deserved. Enemies are vegetative and often spazz out in hilarious ways. The level design is your typical ultra-linear late 2000's shooter, and when thee game offers interesting set pieces like sniper duels in the New York subway or holding an house while nazis assault you from the streets, the game ends them before they threaten to become too interesting. The weapon selection comprises stock WWII submachine guns, rifles, and the evocatively-named "combat shotgun" but you never have ammo for anything except the fucking MP 50. The game just lacks flair - blowing up the white house and killing the nazi president should be this huge bombastic thing, but in Turning Point, it's like eh, whatever.

Tthe game isn't anywhere as horrible as the internet hyperbole would suggest, though. Turning Point's premise *is* pretty fucking cool despite the alt-history being hugely inept, moments like jumping out of the burned cockpit of a german bomber that crashed in an hotel or holding a line against nazi armors in front of a toppled Chrysler Building have great imagery to them. The game is a largely stress free experience, at least until the last level where the Krauts aim and firepower increase exponentially to cover up the fact the last level is essentially four big rooms linked by tiny corridors, and despite many animation hiccups, it's free of game-breaking bugs. It's a mediocre but playable game with a cool premise it fails to live up to its cool gimmick, and really not worthy of the "WORST GAME EVER" hyperbole that surrounds it (though if I bought the game at its original MSRP instead of the Literaly Nothing I got it for, I'd be a lot meaner).

Breath of the Wild... again.

Dunno if I want to do all the shrines again right now but this was a pretty fun second playthrough, did a lot of things that I did not do on my first one like the Hylian Homeowner side quest.

100% Poképark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent 2

A nice conclusion to the Scoggins case, but also a bit sad that it's already ended. At least it has a proper ending, something every game needs because I dislike games that are hooks to future games that will never be made (I am looking at Aquaria).

Hilariously, Puzzle Agent 1 is one of the few Steam games that has zero achievements, yet Puzzle Agent 2 has achievements for practically the whole game: solving every puzzle and reaching every point in its short story.

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Odyssey

I'm not wasting my time grinding coins for the last few costumes, but I got everything else so I'm pretty much done with the game. Might go back and get some better times on some of the races if I feel like it. Going to have to fill in the two weeks until Xenoblade 2 somehow.

Back