I just beat __

The World is Jelly (PC)

This is a short game where, as the title implies, the platforming revolves around bouncy surfaces that can be used to propel the player and perform wall jumps on. It got pretty crazy in the end, and it's great to get over the trippy experience. It certainly left an impression on me.

Thank you for reading.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

after four save files and 250 hours I decided to beat the main story for le first time. will definitely play at least a few more runthroughs. though this time around they'll be heavily modded and on max difficulty

Metroid Prime Trilogy

what a series

I loved everything about this collection and after months of on and off progress, I've finally finished all three games. I now consider Metroid Prime to be one of my favourite games ever. Despite the new setting and gimmicks, Metroid Prime Echoes didnt really click with me at all, but Metroid Prime Corruption was an enjoyable ride full of weird voice acting, additional tie-in lore to the other two games, and a thrilling conclusion to the trilogy.

I can now join the legion of people eagerly awaiting more info on Metroid Prime 4

Super Mario Odyssey, 100%

excellent. really excellent. there were a lot of bullshit moons (looking at you, dark side), but it wasn't enough to dampen my enjoyment of this game.

it took me at least 70 hours, or 3 straight days, of playing to beat it all. that's the most time i've invested in a single playthrough of any mario game.

GOTY 2017 boys. fully worth everything. :bowser: :bowser: :bowser:

Super Mario Bros. 2

I didn't own the game until a few days ago when I downloaded it (don't ask me how or where). I've beaten it on the three versions (that means, NES, SNES and GBA). World 5-1 was actually harder than defeating Wart

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

fuck dude, that was a good game. It had some issues but god damn was it fun.

I'll be honest that might be the first time I've teared up at an ending, I don't think the story was anything crazy special but it was just nice and having it end with the super saiyan blue mythra sacrifice was below the belt. For better or for worse they do give you a 'happy end', which I'm okay with because it felt like all the way until Chapter 7 it was guaranteed they were going to die at the end because they wanted to, but from 7 onwards it seemed like the motivation for Pyra/Mythra was changing from going to elysium to die into going to elysium to live and I liked that. Then it ended with her dying and it felt like a kick in the dick, but them reappearing was like the aftermath of that; still hurts but I'll take it over being hit twice.

Also fucking sick that it does tie into Xenoblade, it was pretty apparent when Rex picked up the third sword and the flashback from Xenoblade appeared but the blurry ID card in Morytha made me sure of it. Then the entire Chapter 10 flashback I'm like, hey these two look vaguely famil- oh my god. Then you can hear Shulk talking through Klaus' black hole thing after the final boss.

I liked Malos, seemed like he got the short end of the stick and I enjoyed that he treated Jin like a brother basically despite being the 'evil' aegis.
I ended up being potentially over levelled for most of chapter 5 and 6 because I managed to get enough Merc points to get the second side quest which requires beating two Lv44 drivers that kicked my ass until I was Lv48, but I refused to play further until I had finished that battle because I wasn't sure if it would count the exp I got from merc missions since the counter just hard stops at 2000 or w/e it was. It turns out it does, so I was worried for nothing.

The rest of the game was fine, I started getting the hang of Blade Combo's by Chapter 3 when I got Vandham since wind is a very good element for the Fire/Water/Earth that the main crew provided. I also got Finch which gave me a wind Blade of my own. I spent most of the game with Rex(DPS), Nia(Full Healer) and Tora(Tank). I also spent most of the game using exclusively Pyra/Mythra on Rex since I just never got a blade I liked for him until Praxis, because lances are like the only atk type weapon that isn't slow as fuck. I wasted Wulfric on Zeke.

Upon getting Nia as a blade, I decided I needed to rethink my team because I really wanted to use her as a blade, fortunately she's good enough to be the healer for the entire team while only using up one slot. Morag became my main tank by boosting her agility to absurd amounts and giving her Aegeaon and Theory, who further boost her agility and have decent block rates for attacks that don't miss. Tora stayed on the team thanks to Poppi QTPi, who made him into a half DPS, half tank that could sponge a lot of hits thanks to his high HP but could deal out respectable damage. Also QTPi had access to Launch, which was the only thing I was really missing so I could finally pull off proper Driver and Fusion combo's without just getting lucky and/or settling for Topple. Mythra's recharge ability also had gotten to max at this point so I could just spam arts at 50% crit rate, with an accessory to recover health for each crit to make Rex into a self-sustainable train of damage. The only problem was that Tora just would. not. stop. using. QTPi. Even when the blade combo was ready for him to finish, he would never switch off her because he prioritised Driver combo's and she has both Break and Launch.

I ended up with Rex (Mythra/Puren/Nia), Tora (Alpha/QT/Pi), Morag (Brighid/Aegeaon/Theory), with Zeke on the bench with maxed out luck accessories for pulling blades. I ended up having like 27 Rare Cores, 80 Commons and 5 Legendaries in my inventory for the final boss since I had no reason to keep pulling at that point, I had little interest in changing my party configuration that late.

Also I have to mention how much of a god send ascended Mythra is, I went from only being able to create 5 orbs (at Tora's mercy) to being able to make 7 (8 if I'm incredibly lucky) and being able to make up for the AI's mistakes at any moment. I never once needed to go over 5 orbs for anything in the main story anyway, I only ever needed 5 orbs once too, you could land a Full Burst off 4 if you enter the chain attack with ascended Mythra. I actually fucked up the last chain attack on the final boss trying to be fancy, though I could have killed it off 3 orbs I just was just trying to do something interesting for the end since the boss itself was easy, literally just spammed while morag tanked. not sure what tora was doing, moral support?
dude super saiyan blue mythra has a ponytail it's perfect. even rex agrees. it's like when she first does this in chapter 7 you can immediately tell she is more powerful because she has a ponytail. It also looks great in general but the ponytail is like a multiplier.

Well time to sleep, I'll see what stuff I missed and maybe I'll try my hand at some superbosses or something. I probably won't try the superbosses.

Well worth the time, and money, I double dipped because I had a feeling my physical copy wouldn't arrive for a while and as i figured, it only showed up today. I did use the xc2 pro controller once that arrived, I think the joycon d-pad was actually slightly easier for switching blades but the pro controller one wasn't bad, just less than ideal.

92 Hours it ended up being, doing a lot of sidequests and exploring. Sidequests were very reminiscent of XCX which I appreciated a lot.

elarmadillosucks said:
I just beat every level from Super Mario World yesterday.

PLS DON'T HURT ME.
ok, just put the controller down and nothing bad happens

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Great game. Great characters. Godly music.

I felt some of the bosses were kinda cheap, and the map blows but that's being fixed this week I think.

Time to grind cores for my final rare blade (why do you hate me Zenobia?)

edit: also nia is best girl

Erm... As far as I know, The Lost Levels was left untouched in terms of difficulty in SMAS, it's as hard as in the original, I have both in an emulator, and, I see no difference between the two, other than the graphics.

Super Mario Odyssey

I finished the main story earlier this month and finally finished the post game, It's been a amazing journey and I love it to bits.

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

This game was amazing.

I takes everything from the original Shovel Knight, and makes it barely recognisable in it's new form with fluid, enjoyable, yet hard platforming and combat.

Definitely worth getting.

Trine: Enchanted Edition

I felt this game isn't as difficult as I thought, but then again, I played it on Medium difficulty. I even finished the extra level after the main game, and it's somehow not as rewarding as I thought. I heard that the second game is better than the first, but the third game is probably not as good as the first two the last I heard.

The developers of this game also made Has-Been Heroes, which has more appealing character designs, but it didn't seem to interest me.

Thank you for reading.

Pokemon Gold Version

Beat Red, thought I might need to grind but Jerry THE LEGEND rocked it. Caught everything that could be caught besides one of the doggos since I haven't seen them once.

Dely the Typhlosion [Lv52]
Jerry THE LEGEND the Quagsire [Lv53]
Osiris the Nidoqueen [Lv52]
Reva the Tauros [Lv52]
Rexel the Umbreon [Lv52]
Prima the Girafarig [Lv52]

Jerry dealt with Pikachu, Snorlax, Charizard and most of Venusaur (max atk earthquake nearly ohko it), Umbreon dealt with Espeon and Blastoise.

Typhlosion dealt with the 5% of health Venusaur had left, the others were moral support.

xenoblade chronicles earlier today

what a wild ride

shout out to crackin n gba for pro strats

the whole story after the egil fight was completely unexpected and i was like god damn and then getting all the way back to prison island felt prety epic and it was a pretty great endgame

dickson was a pushover but damn man those last words really stuck
i thought it was funny at first but then shulk was crying and i was like damn dude

then we had deep space adventures on saturn which was some weird shit and i beat some spirits up and then holy shit the zanza fight was nuts

i spent the whole day trying to beat his second phase because im retarded and didnt know you could avoid attacks with monado agility and shield LOL i eventually just got lucky and he didnt use any roman numeral arts (my shield level was only 7 and he had 8 and 9 attacks so i was fucked everytime he used them)

then the whole thing about shulk being a god and alvis being the monado/some computer thing was trippy but damn it was such a wild end and i loved every second of it

it was really nice to see fioras perspective of the endgame and ended off on a good note
i dont think ill be doing ng+ but it was a prety crazy experience and i think i wont play this again cuz it took me 4 years to beat it lol (final game time was like 64 hours i think)
great game though, 10/10

cant wait to play xenoblade 2
i dont know if i should play x or not but _/spoiler]

Metroid: Samus Returns
I'm not sure how I feel about Ridley being on SR388. I'm hoping it gets addressed in the future because, to my knowledge, he doesn't just follow Samus around. That said, the Chozo Memories, particularly the last one, have me wondering if the Space Pirates began as a military-led Chozo offshoot, which would explain their eventual interest in the propagation and weaponization of Metroids, and the deaths of the Chozo that actually created them would explain why the Space Pirates are so bad at using them and at recreating Chozo technology like the Power Suit.

I also finished Chicken Wiggle. It was easier than I expected it would be, but it was fun.

Irisu Syndrome

great soundtrack. i'd've enjoyed this game way more if I didnt suck ass at the puzzle so much.
e: would recommend if you like like pony island or ddlc

Back