I just beat __

A 50-turn game on Koopa's Tycoon Town in Mario Party 8.

The boss battle against Tabuu in Brawl on Intense with Donkey Kong without taking any damage.

Banjo-Kazooie (Rare Replay) 100%

I've finally defeated Gruntilda after remembering that the Wonderwing ability exists.
Also, I've completed all of Bottles puzzles.

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk

Beat the final boss, it wasn't difficult since I had Linca and Keithgriff decked out with boosted equipment, Linca even had the best possible weapon in the game so she probably could've done the whole thing on her own.

I've got 19 in-game months to do post-game stuff, which at this point is just waiting for Year 3 so I can continue the character events. I already collected all the ultimate equipment though I can't for the life of me get the hang of creating the best accessories. I'm just sticking with the leftovers from creating whetstones and dyes since they give huge attack boosts.

Still got another 16 in-game months to dick around with so I don't think I'll have much problem getting the platinum, unless I missed a missable memory or something.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

There were collection-based trophies and other unexciting tasks I had to complete that I neglected to do three years ago for a number of reasons.

Besides the final boss, I've beaten sonic 4, ep 1. That game SUCKS

Chibi Robo: Plug into Adventure for the Gamecube

Everyone needs to play this game, because it's actually really amazing. Shame the IP is dead, though.

Super Paper Mario

It wasn't as good as some people said but not as bad as other people said.
I'll go into more detail about my impressions of the game in the "post any random thought" thread in Marioverse.

Kumiko Oumae said:
Magolor said:
Shame the IP is dead, though.

http://www.niwanetwork.org/wiki/index.php?title=Chibi-Robo!_Zip_Lash&redirect=no

>ip is dead
>last new game less than 2 years ago

ok
I could just be remembering it wrong, but didn't Nintendo mention that Zip-Lash was Chibi Robo's last chance?

A few hours ago, but Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

Death was probably the hardest fight in the game for me (not saying much). I know I could have just walked past him, but I wanted to fight him and was later glad I did. That Gold Knife came in handy. Compared to the first game, the build-up to Dracula at the end was executed significantly better, although the actual fight was worse. I never picked up the Sacred Flame, so I expected somewhat of a challenge, but I was able to stand in a corner and whip him to death in less than ten seconds. I may have been level 5 and may have had the Flame Whip, but come on.

I have beaten 2 games recently:

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch) - Beaten all the Adventure levels, which range from pretty easy to really difficult. It's also a 3-star run, so if a level isn't 3 stars, I redo the level until I got it. The hardest levels are those with Tetris, due in part to requiring either fast block-placing or using the difficult-to-execute T-spin manoeuvres. The easiest levels to do those are Fusion and Puyo Puyo ones due to my experience with Puyo Puyo compared to Tetris. With a 130% on my file, the next thing to do is to do the online battles.

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe - Specifically, I have beaten Tougher: Landia, the only one that requires beating to see the credits. There are post-credits bosses like Parallel Susie and the rest like Dedede, but they require a lot of time and Apples to unlock, so I am not certain I want to continue this. It's nice while it lasted, though.

Thank you for reading.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia except that was a while ago

A very good game, definitely a contender for the top spot.

idk if I'll ever finish the post-game

Final Fantasy 15 (PS4)

Game was shorter than I expected but tbh that didn't make it particularly bad.

The first 8 chapters or so drag a bit at some points but then it /really/ picks up trust me on that one.

And I had to hold back a few tears during the ending admittedly.

Probably not among the top 3 best ff games and probably not even #4 so im gonna say it's a pretty solid #5 and definitely something you should pick up if you have a ps4/xone.

For reference my completion time was 31 hours but I'm pretty sure you can do it in under 30 just fine.

really, just gonna post my completion certificate and the new title screen here. Probably never gonna touch this game again so I'll have them to remind me of this magnificient journey

68hntpLRSoKr7lNoBGK2YA.jpg

GHa9YOJgQaGPFjmWHojYkg.jpg

oh and, another thing

Ardyn was great.

One of the best villains in the entire series. Beats out Kuja and Seymour/Jecht imo (Especially Jecht because he had next to no screentime). And Ultimecia even though she gets bonus points for FF8 spoilery stuff she did.

He kinda reminded me of Kefka but he didn't quite reach that level.

Nonetheless, really great, been a while I saw such a menacing villain. Props for that.

I'll really think back to this game for a while, just the reason it's not higher up is there is some obvious technical difficulties (of a similar kind as in 13), albeit the battle system still is fantastic. And all of the sidequests suck. Seriously. They suck. This is probably why I don't like some games that force you to do sidequests all the time (cough sonic generations).

But oh well. Putting all of that aside, great game. Total return to form for square enix.

Will probably watch kingsglaive tomorrow since i have that on bluray. yes i know you were supposed to watch that before playing ff15 but i digress.

Now I should work on actually finishing ff9 and also replay 8 and 10 properly and also play 4 and 5 and 12 and and and

aaaaah i love this franchise. really do.

Link's Awakening DX

There were some weird weaknesses wow but I guess it does give the spotlight to every weapon, which was good.
Also made it a bit harder to do blind, because I had to figure out how to harm each form.

One of the better fights for that reason, even had the obligatory tennis match.

An excellent game, shoutout to DragonFreak (iirc) for pushing me to get this one. Maybe I'll try one of the oracle games now.

seems like icemario didnt play alttp

else he wouldve noticed every phase of nightmare (the final boss) corresponds to a boss from that game

also, its discouraged to try "one of the oracle games"

do none or do both.

Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3

Played along with MK both times, he finished ages before.

Also no platformer level has given me as much grief so quickly as snake man's stage, never again.

woah said:
seems like icemario didnt play alttp
I did years ago, although my memory of the bosses is too poor for that to have clicked in my mind. I only remember Trinexx and Moldorm.

I thought it was a given that I would've played the other oracle game afterwards, upon playing one of them.

Miitopia

Amazing, way better than I expected.

Final boss was kind of a pushover, but the battle was cool. I liked finally being able to battle with all 10 of my guys in the same stage.

All the extra content looks great too, but I have yet to try it.

The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki

Final boss was okay, letting it be effected by Chrono Break was a design flaw though since I just debuffed it to a point where it only got to attack a few times for the entire battle. Maybe it's immune to it on higher difficulties, but I don't think any enemy in any of these games does that.
Really glad they gave Renne her happy ending, although I imagine this means Estelle and Joshua probably won't be playable in Ao since the remaining plotline related to them has wrapped up. Really cool how they both had a new craft that was similar to what Cassius used. I'd be super hyped if the three of them show up in the last Cold Steel game, or somewhere in the following arc.
I think I'll keep using the spreadsheets for when I play Ao.

I have just beaten Super Mario Flash on http://www.friv1000games.org/ . The whole games. It was easier than I thought. Only 10 levels. My next goal Paper Mario World.

Back