I just beat __

Super Mario Bros 1 on the NES. As a Mario fan, I do not know why it took me that long to do it, but I did it... thanks to Warp Zones.

Beaten Teslagrad (Wii U) before, and then recently beaten Xeodrifter (3DS).

Teslagrad took me 3 days to beat (one way earlier, and two side-by-side), while Xeodrifter took 2 days to beat. Both games are short, which I appreciate since I have quite a backlog.

Thanks for reading.

I beat Superstar Saga recently.

I have to say, easily the most fun and interactive controls in the series, if a bit sensitive. Love this game for all it has to offer, and I'm surprised Nintendo even managed to include Anton as a character. That part was impressive.

I've finished all combat abilities on GoldenEye Wii. You need to do something a certain amount of times in order to get lots of XP, like getting the first kill of a match, kill someone by shooting a mine etc.

The Termina Map on Hyrule Warriors.

I also did my first Network Link battle, even though I've had the game since release.

Every Boss Challenge battle in Challenge Mode.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

It was a nice ride, I would have to say that Cold Steel is a much weaker arc than Sky but it was still enjoyable. Story-wise it was a step down, doing the whole high-school students main cast thing and being really formulaic, the writing was also just not quite up to par with what I had expected coming from Sky. I did really love that Crafts were significantly more useful in Cold Steel than they ever were before, Arts could take a step back and a fast physical glass cannon team could work out well.

I can totally understand what they meant when they mentioned that the Vita version held them back, it seems like a lot of stuff didn't get implemented and we didn't get to explore any of western erebonia in either game, as well as the models in general not looking very good. Fortunately the next game is PS4 only and it looks gorgeous as fuck, it has all the plot hooks and foreshadowing necessary to be amazing so it's just a question of whether it capitalises on it or not.

Music was good as always, the lows were lower than the average falcom soundtrack but the highs were god damn high. Exceed!, To Gamble All or Nothing and Severe Blow in particular were amazing.

Completed the pokedex in Pokemon Yellow Version, meaning I'm done with Red and Blue as well. I caught mostly everything in-game that I could except a few safari zone pokemon and evolution only pokemon that I traded over to avoid too much tedium.

Guess I'll move onto Gold at some point, I never played the original gen 2 games so that'll be nice.

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

Was pretty fun, even if I've never played a Professor Layton game before. The trials were pretty funny with how they broke a lot of the rules in the Ace Attorney games, such as having multiple witnesses on the stand at once.

Had one or two leaps of logic that were kind of unreasonable and I thought the whole Espella ending was kind of mehhhh but overall it was fun enough.

Ys Origin with Hugo. I only have the third character left, which is the canon path and also the hardest path with a bunch of extra boss fights and the true final boss.

Ys Origin with Toal, which is the true ending. It was a lot more bittersweet than I expected, I was laughing at how no matter what the game can only have a 'bad' end but it was surprisingly optimistic. At least if you've played Ys I+II then you already know the conclusion to this particular story.

I can play Ys Seven now, which I've had for a while but was waiting until I'd regained the motivation to finish Origin. Origin was the last game to have the '1 Character, 3 Skills' style that VI brought in, It also pretty much perfected it so I can understand that they would move onto something a little different for Seven.

Toal was my favourite to play as, he's also the super homie.

So I just beat Super Metroid for the first time in my life. I didn't get the best ending but I had an 88% completion rate in terms of items.

zF0hcts.png

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

A wonderful experience, hands down the best RPG I've ever played. Story was engaging with genuine surprises, for the most part the characters were funny and likeable, plus the gameplay was actually fun and for the first time I was putting together proper strategies and set ups for battles.

It does suffer, however, from a few small things that were simply hindrances. I won't talk about backtracking because I'm sure that you've all heard it before. My other complaint is: the stage mechanic was flawed. It was only annoying and never helped me. It was so occasional that I couldn't learn the guard or dodge timings, but it happened enough for it to be a serious issue. My main example is in the Chapter 7 boss fight; the stage froze me, so I couldn't move. The boss then was able to perform an attack landing around 20-30 damage, with me being literally incapable of doing anything but watch me get an inevitable Game Over.

Look, I know I'm talking more about the bad stuff than the good stuff, but it is an incredible game. My main problems I have with the game don't happen enough for me to enjoy it any less. Looking past the battle system and the sometimes tedious gameplay, you have a charming story with great music and presentation, and I was constantly having fun when playing it.

So, I'll give it an 8 or maybe even a 9 out of 10.

Huh that's funny, first time I completed it serveal months ago I was more negative about the game.

Glad to see you got your enjoyment out of it though

100%-ed Banjo-Kazooie for the first time.

I am not particularly a fan of the note counter resetting after you die, made lengthy worlds like Rusty Bucket Bay (and Click Clock Woods to a extent) frustrating. However Grunty's Furnace Fun and the spectacular final battle made up for it in spades.

At some point I'll probably get Tooie.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Finished finally, somehow I didn't end up getting spoiled on anything regarding the final boss all this time, avoiding spoilers for this game in general was pretty easy. The final boss was pretty underwhelming, pure combat on its own was never this games strongest point though so I'm not terribly surprised.

Ended with all the shrines, all fully upgraded armour and 589 Korok Seeds. Oh and 500 Apples, that's the important one. I finished all the side quests I found but I might have missed some in one of the 50 open empty grassy fields I refused to waste my time on.

Ended up spending 150 hours and 30 minutes. Good game, a worthwhile purchase for the nintendo zelda machine.

BoxBoxBoy!

This game feels shorter than the first BoxBoy!, so it felt like it didn't have as much content. Whereas the first game has unlockable challenge stages and more levels, this one probably have better levels integrated. I guess this game might be the weakest of the three BoxBoy! games, but I will need to play the third BoxBoy! game to find out how much that game has to offer.

Thanks for reading.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

I got pretty disheartened when the final boss tossed me around really hard on the first attempt but the second round went just fine, sorta. Honestly the first phase felt harder but mostly because it used a lot of fire attacks and a unique status effect which meant I couldn't bring out Mamori or she'd get destroyed, the second phase didn't even have any fire based attacks so she could come out of hiding.

I mostly used Charge into Full Throttle/Frostbreaker for dealing lots of damage, hoping for a performance to extend the session. Itsuki was mandatory but he had effectiveness against dragon so I would have him build SP whenever he could, or remove status effects. I had Tsubasa for the entire fight for dedicated healing, Touma for the first phase and Mamori for the second phase both as charge attackers.

The final boss left it on a good note, though the game had a big issue with load times combined with poor fast travel. You also couldn't skip session attacks so battles would take significantly longer than they really needed to, what should take less than a minute could sometimes take 3-5 minutes.

Back