Super Smash bros Universe?

Magikrazy said:
I find Pokemon way over-rep'd.

Nah I think 4's alright. The series has a huge amount of characters after all, and it is one of Nintendo's most popular series.

Shouldn't get any more though unless they lose some. Metroid and F-Zero need some more reps.

Nabber said:
Or how about no third party characters at all? :D

bad.

Something is wrong when Pokemon has more reps than Mario.

La Marionette said:
Mario reps:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach

Pokemon reps:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Lucario
Plusle and Minun (almost)

That's what I meant.

You should include Dr. Mario, who was part of the Forbidden Seven as well. But, that won't make a difference anyway. Mario is Nintendo's biggest series, so it should be represented the most logically in terms of playable characters.

I was hoping Toad, but I don't think I can count on it. However, Toad IS a generic species as well, so Peach's B move shouldn't be the determining point of Toad's status.

This series needs Ghor or Rundas. I think Gandrayda would be overpowered.

I don't feel comfortable restricting it. That's the problem.

La Marionette said:
Metroid characters.

Personally, I'd like to see Dark Samus if they can find some way to make her not a clone, but I think it'd be more suited as an alternate costume.

Rundas would be cool...

no pun intended

Edit: If we want to get smart about it and say Pokemon has "6 characters", even though they legitimately have 4, Zelda would have 5 characters (Zelda/Sheik) and Metroid would have 2.

I wouldn't want to see Dr. Mario or Young Link back. There's obviously better characters.

Dark Samus is different enough to where she wouldn't be a clone. A "Luigified" version of Samus at worst.

I'd rather see Rundas than Gandrayda, personally. Dark Samus would be awesome as well.

La Marionette said:
I find this heavily ironic when mario has: five stages, three asisst trophies, 30 trophies and same number of stickers, and three sub-series. I mean no other series has gotten a sub-series, not even pokemon.

Lily said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Toon Zelda.
I'd like some spirit tracks references in her movesets

Magikrazy said:
La Marionette said:
Mario reps:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach

Pokemon reps:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Lucario
Plusle and Minun (almost)

Aren't you forgetting about the secondary Mario characters; Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, and Wario. Add them, and the amount of Mario characters surpass that of the Pokemon, which would be very typical, in terms of franchise popularity; last I've checked, Mario Universe is number one, followed by Pokemon, then The Legend of Zelda, and then ending with Kirby.

One may argue that they aren't Mario characters, but the truth is, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario have been involved in at least one Mario game, spin-off and mainstream.

RandomGuy said:
La Marionette said:
I find this heavily ironic when mario has: five stages, three asisst trophies, 30 trophies and same number of stickers, and three sub-series. I mean no other series has gotten a sub-series, not even pokemon.

Lily said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Toon Zelda.
I'd like some spirit tracks references in her movesets
Tetra instead of Sheik too.

I'd much rather keep Sheik than add Tetra. Also, Tetra has fewer abilities than Sheik that would transition well. Ofc, I'd rather see them add Bunny Hood Young Link than Ganondorf, so my opinion on these things is usually kinda unusual.

I personally hope they keep both Snake and Sonic and add at least one more third party character. Preferably Mega Man. I don't really like him, but he would the perfect inclusion if they did add another third party. I can't even think of anyone else who would be good.

I'm also really hoping for Samurai Goroh and either Dark Samus or Ridley. As previously stated, F-Zero and Metroid need another fighter, and those guys fit the bill perfectly.

If they just did those things (and maybe make Little Mac a fighter), I'll be happy.

Back