Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based Sora said:
ya'll mu'fuckas need jesus
That's a good suggestion...

War Doctor said:
these types of arguments always lead up to insults and derogatory terms, and on more than one occasion, someone is shunned for their opinion. Then come the ban hammers.

if this board is created, I sure as hell won't be participating in it.

gtfo loser i dont care about your opinions

War Doctor said:
these types of arguments always lead up to insults and derogatory terms, and on more than one occasion, someone is shunned for their opinion. Then come the ban hammers.

i don't recall anyone ever getting banned because of an argument here

sometimes mods have had to shut down threads but there have been plenty of other times where we managed to actually reach an understanding without coming to outright fighting

and besides, it would make a good place for fantasy battles and such, as GP already suggested

Dr. Javelin said:
War Doctor said:

sometimes mods have had to shut down threads but there have been plenty of other times where we managed to actually reach an understanding without coming to outright fighting

and besides, it would make a good place for fantasy battles and such, as GP already suggested
fantasy battles?! I thought that was just a place for debates! SIGN ME UP!

Dr. Javelin said:
War Doctor said:

Bodioh and all those morher fuckin rudnicki sockpuppets

Fearless Fosdick said:
Dr. Javelin said:
War Doctor said:

Bodioh and all those morher fuckin rudnicki sockpuppets
Rudnicki sockpuppets were banned for being sockpuppets, not because of arguing.

We can have a debates board.

It just needs its own ruleset, just as how Mindless Junk has one. You know, stricter rules.

Just look at BrawlintheFamily's debate board and maybe get some ideas.

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/forum/showthread.php?13-The-Teleprompter-A-Guide-to-Debate-%28READ-BEFORE-DEBATING-HERE%29

I have a suggestion.

Why not make a board for the "Ask ____" threads. Maybe as a MJ child board or something.

There's so many of the threads, and so many of them are active, so I think it might be a good idea. Plus, a lot of other forums have this kind of board, and it seems useful.

Thoughts?

why would it be worth creating a board just for a fad

they arent really clogging up the board and its a different case than the forum games sub boards which probably needed to be separated (at least mafia did)

Yeah, you're probably right.

It was just a suggestion.

I wouldn't give it 10 months. That's way too generous.

But, if it does outlast even a few months, color me surprised.

I have two suggestions that involve BBCode.

How about a tag that hides everything in between it? Then I don't mean simply putting the CSS "display:hidden" on it, but not parsing it at all. This could be handy for fancy formatting that needs to be changed repeatedly, because the stuff in those hide-tags could easily be copy-pasted, as templates so you can say. I got this idea for standard HTML comments ("<!--...-->") don't work.
It can also be handy to hide answers to riddles, or to hide stuff from guests (as guests can't quote a post).

Also, a tag that allows indentation. Because if you want to indent you currently have to use a lot of spaces, which doesn't continue on a new line.

Idea's?

For indentation, I'm not sure which situations need indentation. People read paragraphs fine when they are separated by a space. I do, at least. I'd understand indentation where you can't put a line (like hand writing), but here? Eh...

Len Kagamine said:
I have a suggestion.

Why not make a board for the "Ask ____" threads. Maybe as a MJ child board or something.

There's so many of the threads, and so many of them are active, so I think it might be a good idea. Plus, a lot of other forums have this kind of board, and it seems useful.

Thoughts?
I've seen them at numerous other forums and they are always popular, and it also cleans up the Mindless Spam forum so there is some other content. You can also use it as a means to get to know other members better. Also, if we do that, I don't expect the fad to die as much as it would in the spam section because people tend to like talking about themselves a lot and the threads won't get lost in a pile of other threads.

If we had an Introduction forum I'd suggest it be a subforum of that because it is more about getting to know people better, but because that's a thread then I dunno. A subforum of Mindless Spam or Forum Games doesn't really fit because they're not games and they actually have a point to them. Maybe another subforum of the Off Topic section.

I'm pretty sure a good way to get to know someone is to talk to them via PM or chat or just simply respond to their topics they create or read what they think.

The "Ask ____" threads are nothing more than just pure, unadulterated fun. Making it in the Mindless Junk subforum can also help the users express more of their personality since the rules are a lot less lenient in there and Mindless Junk is supposed to be a fun, light-hearted place anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back