Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know what a Kris Kringle / Secret Santa is?

I nominate my bff turb to run the secret santa cause she did a really good job running other major events like: the awards. I will definetly participate.

Id legitimately be down with organizing it if we did it and I was allowed to so

I think that's a good idea although, if we did do secret santa, sign ups should had opened by now.

Same thing like the awards probably, but toned down/less expensive

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
But WHAT would the gifts be?
I don't expect people will give out their addresses so obviously they need to be virtual / digital. Something like a drawing of you're cheap / have no money, or maybe a Steam game of you're willing to pay something.

yeah since we all come from different countries shipping would be a problem, but virtual gifts would be fine

But yeah, like NSY said, if it's going to happen it kinda needs to happen asap because there's not long until Christmas.

Why does this board change "dam n" to a lowercase "dang", but "hell" is all right?

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Why does this board change "dam n" to a lowercase "dang", but "hell" is all right?
The word "Hell" can often be used in an unoffensive context, so it wouldn't be suitable to generalize it as an offensive, let alone censored word.

Also...

Suggestion: A search function for PMs? I'm always having trouble finding, literally speaking, anything when digging through old messages.

There's a PM search function under Actions near the top of the page, and afaik it's similar to the forum search function

LakantatheQlaus said:
Indeed, but it doesn't work with your outbox for some reason.
Oh. I'd definitely have some use for that.

I looked at the PHP code, and it is explicitly noted that sent items aren't supported yet.

PersonalMessage.php said:
PHP:
// !!! This doesn't support sent item searching yet.

Probably in a later version of SMF.

Every time I look at that code I discover something new.

Daskarzine said:
Suggestion: A search function for PMs? I'm always having trouble finding, literally speaking, anything when digging through old messages.
There already is, go into PMs, go into actions, then click search messages.

Duskull said:
Daskarzine said:
There already is, go into PMs, go into actions, then click search messages.
Turb just said that
santanoice said:
Can we also get an Aussie-Christmas banner? :P
support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back