Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always end up missing pages :P

Duskull said:
I always end up missing pages :P

In my computer, her post shows up in this page.

For mine YK's in the one before this and because I read last post by YK I assumed it was that and missed this page entirely.

Daskarzine said:
Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Why does this board change "dam n" to a lowercase "dang", but "hell" is all right?
The word "Hell" can often be used in an unoffensive context, so it wouldn't be suitable to generalize it as an offensive, let alone censored word.

Also...

Suggestion: A search function for PMs? I'm always having trouble finding, literally speaking, anything when digging through old messages.

So is the strong version of dang...

Not related to the discussion at hand, but would it be possible to add the FAQ to the gray bar at the top of the site? Just for the sake of connivence. It would also make it easer for newer users to find.

Champion Christmas said:
Not related to the discussion at hand, but would it be possible to add the FAQ to the gray bar at the top of the site? Just for the sake of connivence. It would also make it easer for newer users to find.

I've been wondering that for ages

And can you please sticky the rules topic? I feel like there's no need to unsticky it.

Daskarzine said:
Why does this board change "dam n" to a lowercase "dang", but "hell" is all right?
The word "Hell" can often be used in an unoffensive context, so it wouldn't be suitable to generalize it as an offensive, let alone censored word.

Also...

Suggestion: A search function for PMs? I'm always having trouble finding, literally speaking, anything when digging through old messages.

So is the strong version of dang...
Give an example.

Shadow the Hedgehog has Shadow saying "damn" and it's an E10+ rated game.

Baby Luigi said:
Shadow the Hedgehog has Shadow saying "damn" and it's an E10+ rated game.
How does that relate to the word's usage on this website?

Well I was giving an example of why I think censoring "damn" is a little bit too stringent

Baby Luigi said:
Champion Christmas said:

I've been wondering that for ages
i think i've also suggested this before. i think it'd be a good idea

Alright:

I know a lot of us enjoy a good, serious argument, so I was thinking about the idea of a debate board. I got this idea from Equestria Forums, just to be clear. I guess a person would make a topic about a topic, state whether they are for or against the topic or something like that, and wait for someone to challenge that idea. It's an idea that needs some fine-tuning, but I'm really just curious if anyone would want something like that.

Nabber said:
Alright:

I know a lot of us enjoy a good, serious argument, so I was thinking about the idea of a debate board. I got this idea from Equestria Forums, just to be clear. I guess a person would make a topic about a topic, state whether they are for or against the topic or something like that, and wait for someone to challenge that idea. It's an idea that needs some fine-tuning, but I'm really just curious if anyone would want something like that.

You mean like Serious Discussion board as I have seen in other forums (KC-MM and BiTF)? Yeah I guess we can split that from Off-Topic Discussion

Yeah, it's always good to hear people's thoughts on religion, abortion and such.

Nabber said:
Alright:

Because every thread about a serious topic has totally worked out like the aboriton topic or the 9/11 topic, or the sandy hook shooting topic

There isn't really any reason to make a separate board other than to point out that the topic is serious and up for debate, which is something that can already be done by not placing it in Mindless Junk or in a Mario-themed board; i.e. the Off-Subject board.

The link to the Equestria Forums post:
Sometimes debates arise in a topic, but not everyone wants to see or partake in a debate.

Just have an appropriate title to the topic and those who do not want to join in will not enter it, unless they're masochists or are looking to be offended and cause a fuss.

these types of arguments always lead up to insults and derogatory terms, and on more than one occasion, someone is shunned for their opinion. Then come the ban hammers.

if this board is created, I sure as hell won't be participating in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back