Underrated Mario Games

Probably Portal doesn't get the same reaction because it's an FPS. That's my cruddy theory

Actually, Portal is more of a puzzle game than a FPS. I think it's better than Luigi's Mansion, but not by that much. Luigi's Mansion deserves at least an 8.5.

I love Luigi's Mansion too. I haven't played Portal, I watched my brother, but I say it's a good departure from the violent FPS games these days

At least it isn't rated M.

I can't think of any underrated Mario games, but no one seems to talk about the Mario sports games.

Ornithologist Mario said:
At least it isn't rated M.

I can't think of any underrated Mario games, but no one seems to talk about the Mario sports games.
Yeah, also I don't get why MKW got lower scores than MKDS and it's alot more fun.

MKW>>>>>MKDS

Mario Kart DS is one of the most OVERrated Mario games out there. It has @#!* snaking, ugly models (smiling DK), spiny shells in ever corner (more than Mario Kart Wii, it seems), the stupid Dry Bomber, and the multiplayer is terrible.

There are other Mario sports games, though.

Mario Kart DS is one of the most OVERrated Mario games out there. It has @#!* snaking, ugly models (smiling DK), spiny shells in ever corner (more than Mario Kart Wii, it seems), the stupid Dry Bomber, and the multiplayer is terrible.

But I like the Dry Bomber. I think it looks cool and it's a pretty good vehicle. :(

Aqua Soul said:

But I like the Dry Bomber. I think it looks cool and it's a pretty good vehicle. :(
Thats my second favorite kart, egg 1 is first. Also Mario Kart DS was a good game, but Wii was way better.

You don't like snaking or the Dry Bomber? Snaking made the game more fun for me and the Dry Bomber was my most used vehicle. I don't know about the Spiny Shells, but DK's creepy smile was ugly. The multiplayer was not bad at all though. ONLINE was bad, but it was the first online Mario Kart game and one of the first DS games to support anonymous online gameplay (not to mention the crappy online system the DS had to begin with), so it's to be expected.

The graphics for MKDS aren't the best, but definitely not bad. I hated how weird DK looked, especially with his teeth :P I liked Battle Mode better than the racing in this one, tbh :P

Leonyx said:

You don't like snaking or the Dry Bomber? Snaking made the game more fun for me and the Dry Bomber was my most used vehicle. I don't know about the Spiny Shells, but DK's creepy smile was ugly. The multiplayer was not bad at all though. ONLINE was bad, but it was the first online Mario Kart game and one of the first DS games to support anonymous online gameplay (not to mention the crappy online system the DS had to begin with), so it's to be expected.

Multiplayer WAS bad. Diddy Kong Racing DS's multiplayer was a lot better. The multiplayer is so limited, I'd have to pay 50 bucks if I want to utilize t fully.

Snaking is NOT fun for me. Rapidly mashing the control pad and breaking the R button is NOT my idea of fun. Besides, snaking broke the game and has centralized the metagame.

Baby Luigi said:
Multiplayer WAS bad. Diddy Kong Racing DS's multiplayer was a lot better. The multiplayer is so limited, I'd have to pay 50 bucks if I want to utilize t fully.

Snaking is NOT fun for me. Rapidly mashing the control pad and breaking the R button is NOT my idea of fun. Besides, snaking broke the game and has centralized the metagame.

Why would you have to pay 50 dollars? You mean so you could get more copies of the game? Other than that, the multiplayer was just like a console Mario Kart game. It's just that every person needs a game and DS to play it. I don't know anything about Diddy Kong Racing DS's multiplayer, but it was probably the same thing, but without needing more copies. If you're talking about online features, I already explained why it wasn't that great.

And changing the metagame isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's only really a problem if you play online. I play with my family without snaking at all, and we still have a blast. Besides, snaking makes the game more skillful in my opinion, just like all of the advance exploits in Super Smash Bros. Melee did. Many people consider that game to be better than Brawl because of them.

Baby Luigi said:
Leonyx said:

I know I avoid to use it.

DK's model isn't the only bad one in MKDS. Mario's model looks bad, too. Compare it to Super Mario 64's model and you can see the difference.

MKDS's multiplayer WAS bad. DS Download play was very restricted, which is a shame because I liked the battle mode the most.

I don't really care about online, TBH

You know what's really underrated? The original Paper Mario...at least, when it's being compared to Super Mario RPG.

Granted, SMRPG was more RPG-esque, but Paper Mario was more balanced between staying faithful to the Mario series and introducing new concepts. At least, IMO. :posh:

Paper Mario by itself is often praised by many of our users here...

Aqua Soul said:
You know what's really underrated? The original Paper Mario...at least, when it's being compared to Super Mario RPG.

Granted, SMRPG was more RPG-esque, but Paper Mario was more balanced between staying faithful to the Mario series and introducing new concepts. At least, IMO. :posh:
Nah, no one really mentions either that much. They're both hugely overshadowed by TTYD.

Back