Underrated Mario Games

Guys, SML isn't talked about anymore because it's just not that good. The levels just looped the same jumps and obstacles over and over for the most part, and as for the superballs, they were a neat concept I guess but they were just not nearly as useful as fireballs. Also the hit detection on the boxes was terrible, or maybe Mario's sprite was just too big, but it was always way too much trouble to hit a single block out of a row of them.

And I think Miyamoto didn't really develop the game, it was Yokoi.

Baby Luigi said:
And I think Miyamoto didn't really develop the game, it was Yokoi.
I think Yokoi was good but Miyamoto was much better.

Mario party is very underated to me its great and it some of the games get bad reviews (For example Party 8) i have fun playing it

Mario & Luigi games are definitely not viewed as underrated in my opinion :P

Mario Party 5

I have no idea why so many people hate this installment. For starters, I thought the boards were nicely designed. The mini-games were fun (except for the 2 vs. 2 mini-games) and I personally thought that Story Mode was actually easier (and less frustrating) than in 3 and 4. Plus, Toad fans should be happy about this game as Toad is finally playable. Bringing back the Star Spirits in 3D was cool too.

The capsule system isn't impressive. You can't choose what items to get, and your own items can screw you up.

Aqua Soul said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
The capsule system isn't impressive. You can't choose what items to get, and your own items can screw you up.

Well, you don't have to use your own items/capsules.

Bowser capsule at random intervals, anyone?

But I still hate getting them when I expect to get a capsule to screw my opponents over

While the capsules are random, the item shops are kind of random as well. There have been times where I have more than enough coins to buy a Magic Lamp, but it wasn't available at the moment. Then there's the Bowser Shop from Bowser Land in Mario Party 2 where you would be sold a random item (one of them being Bowser Bomb) and in Mario Party 3, whether you meet Toad or Baby Bowser/Koopa Kid is random.

But Capsules, you get no choice no matter what. It's more randomized than the shops. And I rarely played the first three, so I don't know about those.

Aqua Soul said:
Mario Party 5

I have no idea why so many people hate this installment. For starters, I thought the boards were nicely designed. The mini-games were fun (except for the 2 vs. 2 mini-games) and I personally thought that Story Mode was actually easier (and less frustrating) than in 3 and 4. Plus, Toad fans should be happy about this game as Toad is finally playable. Bringing back the Star Spirits in 3D was cool too.
What I don't get is that mario party 5 is hated because of the capsules!!! They say the orbs worked better, well, I don't see any difference!

Loxo said:
Aqua Soul said:
Mario Party 5

What I don't get is that mario party 5 is hated because of the capsules!!! They say the orbs worked better, well, I don't see any difference!

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Althogh you can buy Orbs (even though there's only 3 available each time you go to the shop. Orbs can be placed ahead or behind you while capsules can only be put in front. Other than that, the orbs and capsules are practically the same.

Aqua Soul said:
Loxo said:
Aqua Soul said:
Mario Party 5

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Althogh you can buy Orbs (even though there's only 3 available each time you go to the shop. Orbs can be placed ahead or behind you while capsules can only be put in front. Other than that, the orbs and capsules are practically the same.

The worst part about capsules is that you can get hit by your own traps you set down. That is my biggest gripe about capsules, and the most major one. Plus, computers can benefit from your own capsules as well. Plus, there's the dreaded Koopa Bank.

Well, you don't have to use them/set them on a space. There's also the Mr. Blizzard and Bubble capsules you can use to get rid of the capsules you already have.

I like setting traps, though. It would benefit me if the computer landed on it. That's why I like orbs a lot more

Greatest most underrated game Hotel Mario best game and plan ever :posh:

Gillbergfan said:
Greatest most underrated game Hotel Mario best game and plan ever :posh:

u serious?

Back