New Super Mario World

Yoshi was far from broken in SMG2. And I do hate his lame powerups

Baby Luigi said:
How the heck Yoshi would make the game too easy when they can't say that for Super Mario World? Besides, I can't use my Propeller Suit when I'm riding on him, I can't use my Ice Flower, can't use my Fire Flower, and Yoshi will NOT prevent me from getting smashed in levels.

You have a point, actually. Yoshi was like a powerup if you really think about it, except he wasn't permanent.

Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:
How the heck Yoshi would make the game too easy when they can't say that for Super Mario World? Besides, I can't use my Propeller Suit when I'm riding on him, I can't use my Ice Flower, can't use my Fire Flower, and Yoshi will NOT prevent me from getting smashed in levels.

You have a point, actually. Yoshi was like a powerup if you really think about it, except he wasn't permanent.
Well even if he was at least you could use him on Starship Mario.

Yoshi was my favorite thing about the game. He was really fun to use, had great powerups and was more fun than Mario himself.
I don't get how you dislike him.

Wait, are we talking about New Super Mario Bros. Wii, or Super Mario Galaxy 2? Yoshi doesn't have powerups in NSMBW.

King Bill said:
Yoshi was my favorite thing about the game. He was really fun to use, had great powerups and was more fun than Mario himself.
I don't get how you dislike him.

Annoying voice. 'Nuff said.

Yoshi should get powerups in the next NSMB game, if there is one

Baby Luigi said:
Annoying voice. 'Nuff said.

Which voice are you talking about? His old one (SMW), or his newer one (SMG2)?

His old one was perfectly fine. The newer one is ear-splitting.

So you guys don't really hate him, but you hate his new voice?

I also prefer his old look. The newer one is just more... nasty.

Okay, so if he looked exactly like he did before, you'd be alright with him?

And if he sounded the same, I would be all right with him. I might even play as him.

So you guys only hate his redesign? That's different from hating Yoshi completely.

We liked his old design much better. We just hate his new design. I think I didn't say this before, or it was unclear, but I didn't hate Yoshi right when he existed.

Okay. They way you guys go on about Yoshi, I got the impression you completely hated him.

Actually, I used to like Yoshi, but he got on my nerves in the past years.

Yoshi's eyes are too bulgy, his hands look sort of nasty, he wears only shoes, and the saddle doesn't look very comfortable to ride on. I could go on more, but I just dislike Yoshi. He looks too humanoid.

Yoshi is supposed to be a dinosaur, correct? Dinosaurs (Yoshi seems to be based off a Tyrannosaurus Rex) have small arms, spiky, triangular plates, and a hunched over. The current Yoshi lacks these traits that the older Yoshi has.

There are many different kinds of dinosaurs though. They don't all look like T-Rexes. Yoshi doesn't really look like any dinosaur I've seen though.

Baby Luigi said:
Yoshi is supposed to be a dinosaur, correct? Dinosaurs (Yoshi seems to be based off a Tyrannosaurus Rex) have small arms, spiky, triangular plates, and a hunched over. The current Yoshi lacks these traits that the older Yoshi has.
That's because :yoshi: is unique. He is made to be cute and he has have a excting voice and that what makes him a dinosaur.

Baby Luigi said:
Actually a sign in SMG2 calls him a Space Dragon.

Back