New Super Mario World

yoshisawesome said:
I hate to say it, but after Yoshi was added in NSMBW, the possibilities of a new super mario world seem even grimmer

So what? Nintendo can just simply make another game

Baby Luigi said:
I would like another themed world rather than the ones abused in the New Super Mario Bros. games.

Yup, I felt that, like the original Super Mario World, I would do worlds less generic than just grass-desert-ice-beach-clouds-bowser's land-2 extra worlds of your choice. Even my idea for the worlds in NSMB3DS, which is a bit more generic, takes a couple tweaks with the world themes. Want me to post that?

Snowstalker said:
Baby Luigi said:
I would like another themed world rather than the ones abused in the New Super Mario Bros. games.

Yup, I felt that, like the original Super Mario World, I would do worlds less generic than just grass-desert-ice-beach-clouds-bowser's land-2 extra worlds of your choice. Even my idea for the worlds in NSMB3DS, which is a bit more generic, takes a couple tweaks with the world themes. Want me to post that?

Well I read your ideas; they already sound better than the NSMB ones

I'm not saying I wouldn't want it, in fact I'd love it, but I think Nintendo's probably done with all this Super Mario World stuff.

Baby Luigi said:
Snowstalker said:
Baby Luigi said:

Nope, I actually have 2 ideas for games (NSMW and NSMB3DS).

Fawfulfury65 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I see no reason to make a New Super Mario World because it would be no different than a New Super Mario Bros. 3, since the NSMB series already has Yoshi in it.

But maybe this game you can actually keep Yoshi with you instead of leaving him behind.
That's not a big enough feature to make it into a complete different series. If they made NSMB3, they could make that as an improvement from NSMBW.

He's got a point, actually. I don't think there's much of a reason for Nintendo to make another New Super Mario Bros./World, at least not a game that would be unique enough. We don't want another Super Mario Galaxy 2 thing.

Snowstalker said:
Baby Luigi said:
Snowstalker said:
Baby Luigi said:

Nope, I actually have 2 ideas for games (NSMW and NSMB3DS).
NSMBW has already bean made.

Oh. I think this should be for the Wii U.

Snowstalker said:
You know, maybe the next game should simply include a level editor.

NSMBW came with an editor (online) and it seems so easy for the people who do it. We at least got the sprites from the game! I hope the next one does come with an editor. It also should have Wifi so u can share your levels with other people!

I don't think they will allow custom music.

Wasn't NSMB and especially NSMBW (which had Yoshi) basically the same as a NSMW? while these two games were supposed to be throwbacks to the original SMB, I thought they had too many trappings of SMW, such as the world maps and many of the characters and obstacles added. The only things really missing were the diagonal themed backgrounds and platforms, and the dinosaur creatures that almost replaced goombas. The super cape was basically replaced by the propeller cap.

Eric B said:
Wasn't NSMB and especially NSMBW (which had Yoshi) basically the same as a NSMW? while these two games were supposed to be throwbacks to the original SMB, I thought they had too many trappings of SMW, such as the world maps and many of the characters and obstacles added. The only things really missing were the diagonal themed backgrounds and platforms, and the dinosaur creatures that almost replaced goombas. The super cape was basically replaced by the propeller cap.

No, Yoshi was barely used in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and the Propeller Suit didn't really replace the cape. I think New Super Mario Bros. Wii was more related to Super Mario Bros. 3. It had a power-up and another version of this same power-up but rarer and better (Super Leaf:Tanooki Suit, Ice Flower:Penguin Suit), and there was a suit used for swimming better underwater. The Koopalings are introduced and reintroduced. The game also had item houses and those Hammer Bros.-like levels (even the same music).

It's true that Yoshi didn't have much of a role in NSMBW, and he wasn't even available in Worlds 5 and 8. He was also quite rare. and the propeller suit is no excuse for the super feather, although it was a handy feature

I prefer the Propeller Suit over the Feather any day, though. Just a matter of preference, it seems

I do like the propeller suit, but I like the super feather too. It was pretty much the main item of Super Mario World. You know, the item that made the game unique. Just like the other three items that made NSMBW unique, and the blue shell that made NSMB unique.

In fact, I'd really be okay if they brought back the feather and let you keep Yoshi, but a new super mario world would have more than that

I love the cape. You can skip entire levels, and kill almost any enemy. I suppose that's why it's rarely seen. :P

I hope there are more characters playable than Mario, Luigi, and two Toads.

Back