New Super Mario World

Pikachu is worse than Mario.

I see your point. Games could use a little more team work, or maybe some sort of game where the heroes are kidnapped, though that's getting a bit old

yoshisawesome said:
I see your point. Games could use a little more team work, or maybe some sort of game where the heroes are kidnapped, though that's getting a bit old

Like how Sonic Adventure is like, where you can play as different characters?

Baby Luigi said:
Me too, I agree

But now that I think of it, characters in other series get as much attention as Mario. I mean, for the Legend of Zelda series, no one else gets playable other than Link. Same with Kirby

That's because the Zelda games are based on tradition and legend (based on how the story always ends up with Ganon being defeated by Link). If it helps, you technically are playing a different Link in most of the games. Also, Kirby is the only character (unless you count Gooey or Tac) in the Kirby series that can take powers from enemies, and that's a big deal in most Kirby games. And as of late, there's been an option to play as Metaknight.

I don't have a really big issue with playing the same character over and over again as long as the game is fun. I guess it's different for you guys. I really only have an issue if a character doesn't appear for a very long time (like Tatanga).

Its not really about playing the character. Its about them getting too much attention while the other character's fame is limited because of that.

Waluigi, Daisy, and Toadette says hi.

yoshisawesome said:
Its not really about playing the character. Its about them getting too much attention while the other character's fame is limited because of that.

I still don't understand. What does it matter how many people like (or know about) a character if you like them and can play them or see them in a few games? I'd like to see Shroobs in other games, but I'm perfectly content with their first appearance. Most of the characters you guys talk about are playable in some way, too. To me, Mario deserves the attention he gets because he is not only the star of a few very important games in video game history, but is also the main hero in the series and has been with Nintendo nearly from the beginning. It's like how Sonic is always considered better (by the fans) than most of his friends because he's been around for so long. In fact, the Sonic series's popularity dwindled because some of the games started to put more focus on other characters instead of Sonic.

All I'm saying is that quite a few of the characters you guys mention are playable in games, or at least have very important roles (Baby Luigi is an exception I guess). It shouldn't really matter how popular a character is.

Those characters I mention need to have bigger roles. Toadette should appear major in a mainstream game, not make a cameo, Waluigi....just appear in a main game for once????....and Daisy, she should appear in another mainstream game.

But why? Why do they need a more important role than what they have? So they can be more popular? So they can be more important to the canon? Each of those characters continue to be playable in many games (save for maybe Toadette), so you still see them. They don't need to be in a more important role. Perhaps it would be nice, but it's not necessary. The only person I think could use a more important role would be Daisy, because she has a whole kingdom that has barely been explored.

I guess I just want to know why you think they need more important roles.

Well, I could see Waluigi with lots of potential. He's Wario's friend, but has yet to appear in a Wario game, which is very strange to me.

Toadette, well, she's a female character. And she's part of a very common species in Mushroom Kingdom. I can definitely see her with a Toad in a mainstream Mario game. Maybe just there. Well, I'm sorta biased towards her because she's my second favorite character, but I could see her not playable, but having just a role outside the spin-offs. I mean, she could be in the Toad Brigade, or something.

Daisy last appeared in a mainstream game in Super Mario Land. She has developed a lot since, from a Peach clone to a tomboy. She has as much potential as Waluigi, and Waluigi has a lot of potential already, so this is saying something.

Baby Luigi said:
Well, I could see Waluigi with lots of potential. He's Wario's friend, but has yet to appear in a Wario game, which is very strange to me.

Toadette, well, she's a female character. And she's part of a very common species in Mushroom Kingdom. I can definitely see her with a Toad in a mainstream Mario game. Maybe just there. Well, I'm sorta biased towards her because she's my second favorite character, but I could see her not playable, but having just a role outside the spin-offs. I mean, she could be in the Toad Brigade, or something.

Daisy last appeared in a mainstream game in Super Mario Land. She has developed a lot since, from a Peach clone to a tomboy. She has as much potential as Waluigi, and Waluigi has a lot of potential already, so this is saying something.

Waluigi needs a game but I think that he should become a WarioWare or WarioLand character. Toadette can easily replace Purple Toad as a member of the Toad Brigade. Daisy could be featured in a New Super Mario Land game, possibly for the 3ds, or her role could be changed to make her princess of Subcon and have a New Super Mario Bros 2. One last character who needs a comeback: Wart. He has only been seen once, and could be implemented into New Super Mario Bros 2.

Baby Luigi said:

Some of those are pretty good reasons. I don't know if potential is enough of a reason for a character to have a more major part in the story, because most Mario characters (other than generic enemies) have potential to be great.

(By the way, I'm sorry for steering the topic in the wrong direction. I'm making a new one about this.)

Nintendo is running out of characters to just stick into spinoffs. However, they don't have to do much. I mean after all, they just made Waluigi, and Daisy only appeared in Super Mario Land.

Back